Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Would look stupid to stand still while attacking someone in pvp

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragetacular View Post
    I really dont see the point of running around people, especially against a caster
    I only move with autorun so i just wibble wobble around everyone ;D

Because it's more boring NOT to wobble.

they know they are going to lose anyway so like to have an excuse for losing every time

because melee are the best

The 'shuffle' is fine because it serves a purpose, the big question is why do some players (usually mages and rshamans) constantly jump? Was playing 2s last night and I spent 25minutes switching back and forth from a feral to a rshaman that were spamming jump constantly. I don't know how they don't have RSI in their thumbs, the only time they weren't jumping was when they were CC'd. Tactics wise it gave them zero advantage as it didn't make it any harder to sit on them. Is it a throwback to FPS games?
    Last edited by Dcruize; 2013-07-17 at 02:03 PM.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dcruize View Post
    The 'shuffle' is fine because it serves a purpose, the big question is why do some players (usually mages and rshamans) constantly jump? Was playing 2s last night and I spent 25minutes switching back and forth from a feral to a rshaman that were spamming jump constantly. I don't know how they don't have RSI in their thumbs, the only time they weren't jumping was when they were CC'd. Tactics wise it gave them zero advantage as it didn't make it any harder to sit on them. Is it a throwback to FPS games?
    They are trying to Halo Jump you man :P
    In their minds they are clearing great distances when they do it. To us in WoW (and CoD) I see an idiot jump out from around a corner and then proceed to blast them in the crotch with fire/lightning/bullets/RPG.

really? lol i wish there were more people standing in front of me not moving so i can bash them like a dummy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkyjunky View Post
    Strafing is beneficial both in pve and pvp. Its a basic game mechanic. I'm having a hard time reading this thread and hope some of the comments in here are irony/trolling.

Come on guys. This is lvl 1 stuff....
    pretty much this ^

constant jumping while strafing can make you jump a kidney shot smoke bomb which is rather useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    It is about position mainly, but there are many reasons to constantly try to get behind a target.

1.) Some melee attacks require you to be behind your target.
    2.) You cannot parry from behind (my DK has like 20% parry in pvp gear)
    3.) You cannot dodge an attack from behind. (casters may not have parry but they do have some small amount of dodge)
    4.) You cannot cast most spells at targets behind you.
    5.) Being in motion makes it hard to predict where you are going or what you are doing.
    6.) Some attacks are ground targeted.
    7.) Some melee have short melee range and it is easy to stop lots of incoming damage by being just a few yards away. (think WW monks).

So there are lots of reasons to constantly try to jockey for position behind your target, but there are people that don't understand all these reasons and either do it because they are hyperactive or even they just mimic what they see other pvpers do.
    I can't tell you how many times I've taken no damage or close to no damage because I was almost always behind someone. It does happen and it is actually helpful. Maybe not just spamming A and D back and forth but constantly running around the target always trying to stay behind the target.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wootylicious View Post
    pretty much this ^

constant jumping while strafing can make you jump a kidney shot smoke bomb which is rather useful.
    I don't think that works anymore. Got fixed when they fixed the warrior charge issue. Now you just stop in mid air and fall straight down.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dcruize View Post
    Well rshamans really don't have any reason to jump since their spells don't have any directional requirements for their spells. But for classes that do they can jump turn quickly in mid air and cast something while maintaining the same directional movement. You can just strafe but I found a combination of the two works pretty well for me. Now as far as just running away and jumping it serves no purpose anymore since getting cc'd will just make you stop in mid air but old habits die hard.

It feels like you're doing nothing if you're stationary.

If you can get behind a caster as he finishes casting it won't go off... Also you are easier to crit if you are attacked from behind I do believe.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Mystinn View Post
    It feels like you're doing nothing if you're stationary.
    This. It's the same as jumping. I literally jump everywhere I go and don't even realise it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kynthrus View Post
    If you can get behind a caster as he finishes casting it won't go off... Also you are easier to crit if you are attacked from behind I do believe.
    *hit
    Cant dodge/parry from behind.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragetacular View Post
    I really dont see the point of running around people, especially against a caster
    I don't know, strafing behind targets is some sort of custom like hunters/huntards have of jumping at every possible opportunity. It doesn't accomplish anything but maybe it makes people feel like they have a pissed off hyperactive terrier stuck to their heels.

Maybe it's because melee PvP drink way too much coffee or take way too much Adderall or are sucking on a meth pipe while they play or whatever. I really don't know.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightTrent View Post
    Lol I thought this was a rogue only thing back in the days, I always thought they were just so used to playing so fast paced they couldn't keep still.
    This is pretty much why I did it actually, I couldn't keep still. Even when I realised it disoriented keyboard turner casters, I continued to do it because I was used to it and couldn't keep still, rather than for the actual tactic of breaking a cast. I also spam jump like it's going out of style all the time, it's just habit now :P