Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivix View Post
    Does Wrathion talk about Siege of Thunder-Bluff?
    He talks about a hypothetical one had the siege ended differently, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte View Post
    Well, Wrathion is talking past tense when he mentions Varian.
    Combined with the odd death sound im inclined to state Varian dies.
    Sure, it could be used to describe past actions but the Alliance really needs a death tbh, the Horde will at least lose Garrosh, maybe Voljin and imagine a Varian after that battle.
    He would bitch about this 'war' for the next 3 expansions while even Thrall regaining the Warchief title wouldnt be able to talk him down a bit.
    Jaina has some control to the situation but a Alliance/Horde combo taking on the burning legion next xpac is rather unlikely with Varian at the head of the table.
    Of course he's using past tense, at that point its chronologically after the Siege and the events there. He certainly can't talk about what Varian did in future tense.

And the death sound you mention is present in Jaina's, Sylvanas', and Lor'themar's voice files as well. Varian and Jaina tag along with the Alliance in the portion of the Siege in aboveground Orgrimmar, just like Lor'themar and Sylvanas. That death noise is if we wipe. Nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivix View Post
    Does Wrathion talk about Siege of Thunder-Bluff?
    He does mention Thunder Bluff doesn't he? I think that remark left the biggest question mark on my brain aside from the usual 'So who's the next Warchief?' one.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguintamer View Post
    Yeah, the Darkspear clearly lost their battle on purpose and probably died just to sabotage the Alliance. Didja even think about what you typed before hitting enter?
    I fail to see the big issue with it, not exactly an uncommon tactic
    throw a token force towards the supposed agreement so you can say you have honored it, less trolls die, more alliance die weakening them for the next coming war

a clash of kings or early SoS spoilers hell i think the same plot was in ASoIaF, Bolton threw a token force of his men towards an assault on Tywins forces lead by some other northern lord, they mostly got slaughtered weakening said lords and thus Robb while the Bolton and lannister forces were left mostly intact

Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte View Post
    Well, Wrathion is talking past tense when he mentions Varian.
    Combined with the odd death sound im inclined to state Varian dies.
    Sure, it could be used to describe past actions but the Alliance really needs a death tbh, the Horde will at least lose Garrosh, maybe Voljin and imagine a Varian after that battle.
    He would bitch about this 'war' for the next 3 expansions while even Thrall regaining the Warchief title wouldnt be able to talk him down a bit.
    Jaina has some control to the situation but a Alliance/Horde combo taking on the burning legion next xpac is rather unlikely with Varian at the head of the table.

Wrathion is progressing decently as a character, however his voice over doesn't seem to indicate he'll be directly involved in the final battle.
    Which is a shame really, when you are THAT powerful as a character and then dont even attempt to help directly in the fight we have been waiting for since MoP released it kinda takes away from the power.
    We already have Tirion, the fucking Ashbringer himself, not using his power in any meaningful way since ICC so meh.
    I'd love to see more actual participation rather then telling my alts to get honored with him and get some legendary sigils while standing in that bloody inn.
    I doubt Varian dies. Varian, Lor'themar, Jaina and Sylvannas all are involved in the Zaela fight. (Forget the name of her dragon.) Their death emotes seem to be for if the npc dies or the fight wipes. Jaina has a reaction to Varian dying, and Varian has a reaction to Jaina dying. They're probably not canonical deaths.

I'm pretty sure it'll be Thrall and Blizzard is just bsing us after the video where they flat out say it will be Thrall. Just like when someone asked why it was a legendary cloak instead of a weapon and a blue post tried to be all like "Are you sure its even a cloak?" two ptr cycles later and the cloaks are completely datamined. Unless they have another legendary in hiding for this expansion and they completely changed their mind after that video was taken of course.

10+ Year Old Account

Whispering Forest

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Eh Not entirely sure, pretty sure Ny'alotha is like the ''capital'' of the old gods madness. So hes just mentioning, dont know if he was actually connected to it. Far as I know the only one in the ocean is Nzoth.
    My interest in the Whispering Forest sub-zone of Tirisfal Glades is growing. I also can't help but wonder if the pool in Krasas's Chamber has a connection to the well of eternity and/or the Old Gods.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know Wrathion's story is going to look exact like the one of Arthas.
    Both are trying to save the thing they love most from evil, Arthas Mal'Ganis and Wrathion the burning legion, and i can already see Wrathion doing the same as Arthas, instead of helping his people, they start to become the guy that they hated the most.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    I fail to see the big issue with it, not exactly an uncommon tactic
    throw a token force towards the supposed agreement so you can say you have honored it, less trolls die, more alliance die weakening them for the next coming war

a clash of kings or early SoS spoilers hell i think the same plot was in ASoIaF, Bolton threw a token force of his men towards an assault on Tywins forces lead by some other northern lord, they mostly got slaughtered weakening said lords and thus Robb while the Bolton and lannister forces were left mostly intact
    I doubt Vol'jin would do that on purpose, his people are depending on this siege to succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Netamin View Post
    My interest in the Whispering Forest sub-zone of Tirisfal Glades is growing. I also can't help but wonder if the pool in Krasas's Chamber has a connection to the well of eternity and/or the Old Gods.
    Blizz did mention there was something under Tirisfal (Aside from Undercity) several months back. Tick tock tick tock

Quote Originally Posted by Penguintamer View Post
    It's been stated many many times with many of the lore characters in the raid so far that their 'death voice files' are a part of an encounter if you fail it, not canon to the lore.
    Fair enough, but that would mean we lack death sounds for at the very leasy Thrall then.
    We can cleary state that Thrall is directly involved and tries to talk Garrosh out of it.
    'Never alone!' is more of a summoning sound rather then a death line wouldn't you agree?
    Saurfang just states he survived so we only have Varians dieing words at this point.

Edit: Seems i missed some sound/emotes from other characters, my bad.
    Last edited by Mascotte; 2013-07-10 at 12:34 AM.

Wrathion when i see you im gonna beat your black dragon ass from pandaria all the way to fucking kalimdor

So it looks like that will be all the sound files for the ingame action

And from what wrathion tells us varian is gonna walk away from orgrimmar and allow the horde to exist which will prolly be shown in a cool cinematic

Also im certain thrall is gonna retake his mantle as warchief seeing thats what its all pointing too plus what that dev said months ago that thrall was coming back as warchief

I just pray he will suit up in the doomhammer armour and leave his kid and wife in the valley of trials and be the badass mofo from wc3!

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, Mascotte, a coalition would be more likely with Varian at the helm these days, ironically. Even back when he had split personalities due to an imperfect fusion in the comics, he time and again made it known through word and action that he'd be willing to draft an official alliance with the Horde if that was the best route to take to maintain safety for his people, his son, and the Alliance that rallied behind him in Northrend.

Now that the fusion's been fixed and he's since slid toward Lawful Good with strong classically-heroic behaviors and speeches (note how almost every appearance he's made this expansion has shown him to have matured into a sympathetic, goodhearted man who respects ally and enemy alike, was willing to talk with Lor'themar to secure the blood elves' defection, and doesn't hesitate to congratulate you via letter on forming a coalition with the rebels, since working with them will save Alliance lives in the long run), it stands to reason that after the Siege of Orgrimmar and Garrosh's death, he'll very strongly encourage the next Warchief to agree to another ceasefire so the factions can back themselves away from the brink of the global war we've been building up to, pick themselves up, and (if they heed our warnings from Wrathion) prepare for an invasion. Best way to do that will be to team up, but to do that the rank-and-file will need time to let emotions simmer back down.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    I doubt Vol'jin would do that on purpose, his people are depending on this siege to succeed.
    he would be stupid (or an alliance character) to not look for ways to have the least amount of horde die while still accomplishing that objective
    he probably gambled that the alliance can still take their objective and assist further in the siege, to a greater loss to them self as opposed to more horde troops

I'm glad I'm not the only one not viewing Wrathion as a villian, I think he just wants Azeroth and its inhabitants to survive the impending attack, and if that is what he wants why would he go bat shit crazy and turn on us. After all we've help off the Burning Legion once why kill us and leave a huge gap in Azeroth's armour. I think he's just going to push Varian and <insert new Warchief's name here> to peace talks, he knows we can only survive united.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post

So it looks like that will be all the sound files for the ingame action
    No Vol'jin and no Anduin yet.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Yeah, and he wanted to prepare the mortal races so he would have a challenge... right?

No. If anything those titan artifacts will be used to make a slave army or something against the legion.
    ....What does the Legion do when it comes to a planet? They take over, kill the weak, convert the strong. Now, Azeroth has fought off the Legion more then any other planet they've taken over? As for Wrathion "gearing" the players up, that could one of 2 things. One: You're just getting gear because its WoW, and you've done a raid quest. Two: Making the players stronger "Lorewise" to be put to good use in when the time comes. I personally think its the first, because come next Xpac, that gear will be useless. Wrathion/Sargeras isn't really making the players stronger, he's just using the to get him what he needs. I mean, the fucking guy eat Lei Shen's heart to gain his powers... Here is a logical theory that a guy from The Smoking Gamer came up with: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJXq05wLS6w.

As for you're theory...I doubt Blizzard will have such a powerful force like the Legion, simply become slaves and suddenly work against their master. That would pretty much render a huge factor of the Xpac pointless. The Legion is the biggest threat in the universe, but now their cool with everyone, and want to help?...Doesn't make a hell of a lot of sense.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Warthion has his own agenda!? color me UNsurprised, he laid out what he wanted to do from the get go. it should not come as a surprise he goes with the force he bet would take the whole pie. as to the blatant "I'm gonna get chu, my pretties" I kind of don't want him to be another throw away villain down the road. sure he's a bastard, but a bastard I like.

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Actually, Mascotte, a coalition would be more likely with Varian at the helm these days, ironically. Even back when he had split personalities due to an imperfect fusion in the comics, he time and again made it known through word and action that he'd be willing to draft an official alliance with the Horde if that was the best route to take to maintain safety for his people, his son, and the Alliance that rallied behind him in Northrend.

Now that the fusion's been fixed and he's since slid toward Lawful Good with strong classically-heroic behaviors and speeches (note how almost every appearance he's made this expansion has shown him to have matured into a sympathetic, goodhearted man who respects ally and enemy alike, was willing to talk with Lor'themar to secure the blood elves' defection, and doesn't hesitate to congratulate you via letter on forming a coalition with the rebels, since working with them will save Alliance lives in the long run), it stands to reason that after the Siege of Orgrimmar and Garrosh's death, he'll very strongly encourage the next Warchief to agree to another ceasefire so the factions can back themselves away from the brink of the global war we've been building up to, pick themselves up, and (if they heed our warnings from Wrathion) prepare for an invasion. Best way to do that will be to team up, but to do that the rank-and-file will need time to let emotions simmer back down.
    Yeah, this sounds pretty plausible. Sounds a lot like what Varian would do, and Thrall picking the mantle back up would be his way to at least try to atone for the biggest mistake he's made so far. His decision nearly destroyed the entirety of the Horde, only makes sense that he would be the one in charge of putting it back together.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    I would have seen the horde happily broken apart, because the Alliance is the true faction.

I have no clue why the alliance have so much trouble taking down the horde.
    The horde fights with wood, and stone. When the Alliance fight with steel and cannons.

The only race that is near as strong as the alliance, on like structure wise, is the 'True Horde' that Garrosh is leading.

There is a reason that the rest of the horde asked for the Alliance, we are the only one who can actually storm into Orgrimmar and get this dictator out of throne.
    We got a gunship that can take down Thunder bluff, Echo isles and most of the capitals that are, barely guarded at all, what do they have? No guard towers at all.
    We got steam tanks that can just cross the zone of the barrens and take everything out without even having to worry about dying.

Got to see the world as this:

Alliance = IRL Humans
    Horde = IRL Ents.
    the orcish military is just as strong as the human military and the horde's infantry is a lot better. a tauren can easily take out 2 or 3 alliance soldiers xD the horde has gunships aswell