Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Shadowy Apparitions Change , Thank god

I must say the change to Shadowy Apparitions is much needed, too bad it is in 5.4.

If you don't know what I'm talking about they have changed the way shadowy apparitions work, no longer are they an attackable target. They are considered a missile now.
    This I think is aimed directly at pvp which is a nice change because recently blizzard have been changing how shadow priests work in Pvp.

What now i question, experiments would have to be conducted on is in the PVE situations .
    The long standing issue is that shadowy apparitions walk towards their target, now most priests take halo that require them to be at 25 yards away for maximum effect, the paradox being is that some bosses and fights shadowy apparitions are fairly much useless because they time out before even reaching their target. Normally this wasn't a huge deal, yes you are losing valuable Dps , but with Throne of thunder shadow priest raiding gear set bonus being greatly dependant on shadowy apparitions effect led to a great amount of frustration. You have an ability that is dependant on a crit from another ability to trigger a % chance on set bonus. And you can have those apparitions do nothing.

My question is though with the change to a missile would they finally be fixed and hit all the time, and also because they are a missile maybe their speed would be increased. Thoughts?

they still work the same as far as speed/mechanics are concerned. the only difference is that you can no longer kill them in pvp, or lolshield them for body and soul speed boost.

the whole halo thing really doesn't matter. with high haste/mastery, halo is only useful for pre pull RPPM cheese, something to use on the move other than SWP spam, and aoe dmg/healing (which is basically irrelevant to SA).

right now, the biggest thing we have to look forward to next tier is being able to use the heal spec amplification/int trinket until they nerf it proccing from DP and shadowform halo/dstar.

actually it is better they changed them to a missle instead of what it was which followed character movement and pathing so if you were on odd terain or such it was a pain now i suppose just like a spell like frostbolt it shoots directly towards the target

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    actually it is better they changed them to a missle instead of what it was which followed character movement and pathing so if you were on odd terain or such it was a pain now i suppose just like a spell like frostbolt it shoots directly towards the target
    ^This, now that they don't "path" like an NPC, there should be less travel time. So it will be a buff to PvE too. Also, if they qualify as a missile, perhaps they no longer despawn? One can hope.

Also, as a missle, they won't pull adds anymore if any happen to be between mobs with a dot proccing them and the priest - which they do for some reason since on of the last patches.

Deleted
    I can only imagine this will make the game run a little better when raiding with multiple spriests. Having 15+ apparitions out surely must be a connection / cpu hog to some degree with them all registering as guardian pets in the combatlog.

We're so far down in the hole, that any glimpse of light looks like a flash bang.

For 5.4, I should probably just drop my 521 priest with LMG/UVLS for my LFR 505 Mage....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by calcinator View Post
    We're so far down in the hole, that any glimpse of light looks like a flash bang.

For 5.4, I should probably just drop my 521 priest with LMG/UVLS for my LFR 505 Mage....
    I'm in the process of leveling my Priest and had plans of being Shadow for 5.4... I might change that now and just keep him disc. Just depends on what else they do to SPriests.

Quote Originally Posted by Drfireburns View Post
    I'm in the process of leveling my Priest and had plans of being Shadow for 5.4... I might change that now and just keep him disc. Just depends on what else they do to SPriests.
    Sounds like they aren't doing anything unfortunately :S

They will probably move even slower and /despawn before they actually hit anything. /cynicalpriest

http://www.twitch.tv/dryelulz/b/428640559

in case anyone was curious what they looked like now.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Wow they look pretty cool, and they seem to go significantly faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post

Dude, which dot timer are you using? and lol to the crowded training dummy area

no cap sounds, sounds, just awesome lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

That actually looks great. Speed is increased, cap seems to be removed unless you're using T15 bonus, and they're missiles. Good change after all!

Quote Originally Posted by calcinator View Post
    Dude, which dot timer are you using? and lol to the crowded training dummy area
    A very shitty WA since forte is broke on the ptr

Deleted
    A very shitty WA since forte is broke on the ptr
    I actually kinda like the aesthetics
    forte is gonna break sooner or later for live and I need to find an alternative... also the CD bar :/

it doesn't separate by target only spell, which sucks.

http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=4119

this is looking very nice as an alternative so far.

Those could be a bit darker...