Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Well I could say the same about the same people that constantly hate on it

Thing is I will defend it because some people are trying to take away part of the game that I find fun, where as you don't see me coming on here asking for normals or heroics or any of your content to be removed.

Why would you, "your" content is doing it by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Because months of dedication isn't enough. I guess a legendary just dropping is a much better way to obtain it
    Well yeah; that way Guild Officers can get it.

I think the melee dps challenge is just fundamentally flawed and the oozes are at the crux of the problem. I have no problem avoiding his cleave ability at all, but the oozes IMO need to be changed. I think it makes more sense for them to have a timer that, when it hits zero, they explode and you have to kite them and keep away from the explosion (if you want to, they could drop fire on the ground where they explode or whatever). The basic idea behind the fight is raid effectiveness essentially and how to play your class, I get that. But my problem is that as-is, no melee dps has ever had to deal with such a situation with no healers to have their back.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Why would you, "your" content is doing it by itself.
    Ever thought maybe the normal guilds are doing it, maybe they aren't as fun a place to be for alot of people? Maybe the stress isn't worth the time commitment and sacrifice of other things?

I think you are crazy if you think LFR is responsible for this *so called lack of people wanting to do normals and heroics*

I raided in TBC, it was great, i had time, I have grown up alot since then, and my lifes changed so has my schedule, LFR means I still keep playing, else I would probably have stopped a while back, with nothing to do progression wise.

You don't think there are probably thousands that are in a similar situation as me?

Take LFR away and you have alot of people sitting about twiddling their thumbs, because no matter how much you try and force them into normals and heroic , they just won't, so they will just say, oh well time to move on. And I can believe that that would be ALOT of people moving on. Not so good when those normal raiders and heroic raiders dont get as much content, cause the subs just took another dive.

It took two tries on the healer one. I didn't know that there were going to be adds that I would have to kill, so I needed a different level 90 talent on my priest. Seemed very easy to me. If I had gone in with more spoilers it would have been a one shot. For a legendary questline, there hasn't been much for a test of individual skill.

Deleted
    Walked in as a 520 Ilvl Unholy DK, finished it on first attempt without doing much thinking. If you're a competent player its faceroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    I'm having the damnest time dealing with the bloods on my Windwalker. I have no trouble with the bugged aoe. The mirror images are laughable with spinning crane kick. Just seems like I run out of cooldowns by the time the bloods respawn and then I'm screw as kiting them around is fine for a while, but I'm not doing a whole lot of damage kiting them and if you don't down them at the same time, individual ones respawn on their own and it just becomes a pita. I've already given up 500g in repair bills and I definitely don't out gear the quest at only 505.
    Consider yourself lucky with the mirror images. I did the ranged one last night on my hunter and not only are we the only class that couldn't use the August Celestial coin buff (because it gives Int since we're lumped in with the casters) but dealing with the mirror images when having to deal with focus instead of a large mana pool is just stupid. I ended up having to max range the images on the balcony and jump in to hit them in between their attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by madassa648 View Post
    Bugger! Ahh well, nice to dream! Does anyone have any hints for melee DPS as a Warrior (fury 2hander never ever seen a 1h weapon drop in ToT)
    What worked for me was holding dragon's roar and using that + die by the sword to nuke down the adds the first time.

Then work to put some distance between you and the adds before they respawn. When they respawn, use piercing howl to keep 'em slowed and kite till DBTS is back up, then kill them again.

The only times where you absolutely must be crapping out damage is to kill those adds before they kill you. Bank rage if you think he's close to doing his mirror image shtick so you have plenty of rage for whirlwind.

Once you get the shockwaves under control, you can pretty live forever if you have second wind as long as you keep a good distance from the bloods.

You're a warrior. You got lots of mobility. Take advantage of charge and heroic leap.

Ever thought maybe the normal guilds are doing it, maybe they aren't as fun a place to be for alot of people? Maybe the stress isn't worth the time commitment and sacrifice of other things?

I think you are crazy if you think LFR is responsible for this *so called lack of people wanting to do normals and heroics*

I raided in TBC, it was great, i had time, I have grown up alot since then, and my lifes changed so has my schedule, LFR means I still keep playing, else I would probably have stopped a while back, with nothing to do progression wise.

You don't think there are probably thousands that are in a similar situation as me?

Take LFR away and you have alot of people sitting about twiddling their thumbs, because no matter how much you try and force them into normals and heroic , they just won't, so they will just say, oh well time to move on. And I can believe that that would be ALOT of people moving on. Not so good when those normal raiders and heroic raiders dont get as much content, cause the subs just took another dive.
    Raiding has never been so accessible with close to no difference between lfr and normal mode, yet a lot of people recently "moved on". Strange isn't it?

Yes leaving casuals with nothing to do would be bad for the game, but making everything you do over lfr you close to worthless doesn't seem to be much more successful, isn't it? We're the ones twiddling our thumbs right now, but i guess its a non-issue for you, so everything's fine.

Might be one for Blizzard though, 1.3m subs is a lot, and there's massive proofs that the raiding population is losing interest.

Just looking at WoW progress pages, most servers lost from 50 to 75% of their raiding guilds between ICC and now, countless guilds are dying every tier because their members "move on", because for a lot of players putting efforts towards greater goals as a group is why they played this game.

Its what built friendships and kept people together but when you reduce the rewards of such activity to next to nothing over someone simply queueing for a dumbed down version of the raids, some people just lose interest, so they move on, when enough of those players moved on, the guild crumbles, and i know for a fact a high amount of raiders often prefer quitting over re-joining another guild. Why invest so much of yourself in something that can crumble so easily due to the direction of the game?
    Last edited by GrieverXIII; 2013-07-10 at 09:34 PM.

try using long arm of the law to get around did it as a prot pally was tricky and kinda fun
    Real Paladins Do It with Crusader

I personally loved the quest. Managed to finish the melee dps one in like 5 tried, only thing I had problem were the adds when I was running out of energy but once I figured it out it was very fun and rewarding quest. You'll get it eventually, just keep trying!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's an idiotic and extremely RNG dependent quest as a shadow priest.
    I got him to 5% once but only down to 50% the rest of the time.

He almost always hit me with his cone attack despite me standing waaay outside of the graphical effect (I have the same problem with the mogu rares, need to run REALLY far away).

After the 7th try I was fed up and cheated myself by using the balcony trick to pause the adds. That way I only had to avoid his blood void and the fire rain and could patiently DPS him down w/o the damage buff from "doing him from behind".

This is a lame quest. Some classes can faceroll it (Hunters feign death) while others really struggle and have to hope for the RNG gods to smile down upon them.

I don't want to have to do this quest as a moonkin. >.<

It was the same RNG crap as the Tarecgosa questline where you had to have a try where the add decided NOT to daze your character.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2013-07-10 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post

I don't want to have to do this quest as a moonkin. >.<
    I did it as a moonkin, mass entanglement was a god send on this fight, the balcony is a viable tactic, the celestial tells you to use your surroundings! Goodluck

Lol the healing one was to easy, i got it on the first try, wish I had done something else lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I did it as a moonkin, mass entanglement was a god send on this fight, the balcony is a viable tactic, the celestial tells you to use your surroundings! Goodluck
    Yeah I kinda laughed when she said that. But to be honest: I think the balcony exploit is intentional, otherwise Wrathion would evade like any normal WoW mob does when he can't reach you, or they would have put an invisible wall in front of it, making it decoration only.

I still feel like a bloody cheater.
    But I guess moonkins roots are superior to priest roots because the mobs can't kill them. Our tendrils die in 2s and then the adds are chasing us again.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Yeah I kinda laughed when she said that. But to be honest: I think the balcony exploit is intentional, otherwise Wrathion would evade like any normal WoW mob does when he can't reach you, or they would have put an invisible wall in front of it, making it decoration only.

I still feel like a bloody cheater.
    But I guess moonkins roots are superior to priest roots because the mobs can't kill them. Our tendrils die in 2s and then the adds are chasing us again.
    Indeed it did feel a bit dirty, but at the same time quite a find, I stumbled upon it accidently when after dying 3 times I tried to get the adds off me and shadowmelded up at the balcony, the worst part for me was the time it took to take wrathion down, being that my ilevel was like 505 at the time, it was a long ass fight lol.

But heck I know people that have completed their runestones for weeks now and still can't get the ranged dps challenge down, as moonkin/shadow priest and hunter, even with tactics that are known to work and they have normal raid gear!!

So I guess there is still a bit of understanding and *skill* to it to some degree

And its the first time I've really took mass entanglement since the new talent system went in, so it was nice to find a use for it here, plus moonkin forms wild charge ability makes getting from one side of the room to another and out of the bad crap a whole lot easier

Deleted
    Did it on it on 2nd go without knowing anything about the fight. Just make sure you are definitely behind him.

Hey, my post got dodged once again. Wish i was suprised.

The worst time I had with this was one-shotting, but the time stop afterwards locking me in place in a pool of fire that killed me, retroactively failing the quest. This happened 4 or 5 times and was infuriating.

"Everyone's going to get the Legendary" they said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Hey, my post got dodged once again. Wish i was suprised.
    We were way off topic. Feel free to pm me your most interesting opinions.