Thread: Auntie Onyxia

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Can you just imagine getting fucked so hard you're left with burning scars for thousands of years?

Deathwing must have a pretty huge wang.
    Or mutliple ones. Spine of Deathwing encounter just became a lot more awkward.

Deleted
    Auntie Onyxia makes her sound like she was very nice the true horror she burned my team to a crisp lol

Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    Onyxia is Wrathion's brother according her page of wowpedia. Wrathion's page says Onyxia is his aunt. Wrathion's mother is Nyxondra. Beside the information that Nyxondra is his mother and Deathwing his father any more relatives are unknown. It might be that Nyxondra is a sister of Onyxia. Then both brother and aunt would be correct.
    One of Wrathion's mothers is Nyxondra, because one of her eggs was stolen by Rheastrasza. Her egg was taken and merged with one of the wild dragon eggs found in the canyon in an earlier quest, forming Wrathion's uncorrupted egg. Deathwing never "mated" with Nyxondra, since the only mate to successfully have sex with Deathwing after his corruption was Sinestra, and it left her permanently burned.

Wrathion is a special case of a dragon, because he was "created" rather then really being born. His egg was the output of an experiment that sacrificed two other eggs, forming a pure black dragon much like Deathwing was before his corruption. It makes him more like a "clone".

Think of it like how Boba Fett saw Jango Fett as his father in those crappy Star Wars prequels, when really he was just a test tube kid formed out of much of Jango's DNA.

I might be wrong here, so don't quote me, but I think the family bonds of dragons are a little different than people imagine.

Pretty sure all dragons in a coloured flight all come from the same father, e.g - all black dragons were spawned by Neltharion. But they aren't considered actual relatives in our sense unless they have the same mother, and are then grew up in the same "nest", so to speak. I'm also fairly sure the process is reversed for female flight leaders, in that they are the only females to spawn eggs, but mate with multiple males - who are considered the root for which dragons are brothers/sisters in reality.

Wild but educated guess given the general lack of info about dragon breeding we have.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarles Malarkey View Post
    The consorts of dragon aspects are, in fact, their own offspring. So she's technically his aunt as well as sister.
    not true, there are/were other dragons made by the titans as well, just not as aspects. alexstraza's first consort tyranastraz was older than her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Deathwings mother was Nyxondria and was forced to lay eggs by Rheastrasza; she wasn't impregnated by Deathwing at all. Given that Rheastrasza is a female, we can only assume Dragons are capable of the same sort of reproduction as Teiidae, an all female lizard species, and with the help of Dr Hieronymous Blam and his Titan device were able to create a male offspring rather than a clone of Nyxondria.

So yes, Onyxia would be his auntie.

For more info: http://www.wowpedia.org/Wrathion and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teiidae

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Pretty sure all dragons in a coloured flight all come from the same father,
    If you mean that each Aspect is a progenitor to the dragons we have, that's is mostly true.

If you mean that every dragon that exists right now has to be a "direct" child of Deathwing, then no, you are incorrect.

Dragons have two type of breeding methods. Brood breeding and Wild breeding.

Brood breeding means one fertile female has made it her job to birth lots of children, often using various mates that she trusts. Most Aspects are either brood mothers or have brood mothers that they mate with.

Wild breeding is when a male and female dragon meet in the wilds and simply breed with one another out of other desires, in which they often lay the eggs among hills and other areas outside of a lair. This is why you can see so many eggs laying around places like the Badlands.

P.S. Why does everyone always forget the egg merger part of the whole deal? Nyxondria is part of the process but calling her the "mother" is a bit much, since the other egg had a different mother.
    Last edited by Grocalis; 2013-07-10 at 05:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Sabellian should be the new leader of the Black Dragonflight and to me hes like the eldest son of Deathwing and then it would be great to if he and more Black Dragons came across Wrathion and the black prince is like Who are you and what are you doing?

Also to I nearly lol'd to the Deathwang thing to, but I kinda feel sorry for Deathwing's consort.
    She had to deal with him you know humping her all that time and then its like rough sex, so intense than normal beings sex.
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Serious View Post
    Auntie Onyxia makes her sound like she was very nice the true horror she burned my team to a crisp lol
    Well, in her credit, she did have 10/25 people storming in on her roost, stepping on her eggs, and disturbing her nap with magic, arrows, and pointy swords/objects ... you might be a little mad and breath fire on them too, if you had the ability.

Doesn't Anduin call jaina "auntie jaina"? in other words kids some times call non-biological relatives auntie (unless i have missed something in the bloodlines) wrathion is 2 years old after all, remember that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterMxyzptlk View Post
    Doesn't Anduin call jaina "auntie jaina"? in other words kids some times call non-biological relatives auntie (unless i have missed something in the bloodlines) wrathion is 2 years old after all, remember that
    I'm twenty four and I still call my folks by like Auntie "Their name" and so on.
    I do it, because....I'm really sure though. :L
    For the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post
    I think Sabellian should be the new leader of the Black Dragonflight and to me hes like the eldest son of Deathwing and then it would be great to if he and more Black Dragons came across Wrathion and the black prince is like Who are you and what are you doing?

Also to I nearly lol'd to the Deathwang thing to, but I kinda feel sorry for Deathwing's consort.
    She had to deal with him you know humping her all that time and then its like rough sex, so intense than normal beings sex.
    Umm, Sabellian and Wrathion are the only two Black Dragons left, there isn't a flight for either of them to lead. Even if there was, the Flights no longer server a purpose, which is why the Blue Flight disbanded.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2013-07-11 at 08:42 AM.

The part where people call Deathwing Wrathion's father is from Wrathion himself. In the quest Patricide, he says tot he Rogue player: "I need you to kill my father himself. You must destroy Deathwing." He also refers to him as father in Pandaria, I believe during one of the Celestial quests. Also, in one of the Lorewalker Mogu scenes Cho recites for the player, it is about progeny. The image displayed is Varian with Anduin, Thrall with his child, and Wrathion with Deathwing. Not to mention the legendary daggers are called the Fangs of the Father. We are drilled home that in at least the Black Dragonflight's customs, no matter how Wrathion was created, he considers his father to be Deathwing. Likewise, Nyxondra is listed as his mother, since it was one of her eggs that was used in the process of creating Wrathion.

All in all, we don't know how Nyxondra ever got eggs int he first place. Usually, only consorts of each Aspect help the Aspect create progeny. Aspects may have many consorts, but they usually have their favorites. Deathwing's only notable consort was Sintharia/Sinestra, due to the fact she could survive mating with a crazed Deathwing...though she was visibly scarred from scratches and lava breath (even in a humanoid form). She continued to be his "consort" as a reanimated dragon in Bastion of Twilight. This raises the question of how Nyxondra got pregnant with eggs. If Wrathion considers Deathwing his father, and mentions no other male black dragon as the one who impregnated Nyxondra, then that means that she mated with Deathwing. Perhaps she could have survived much like Sinestra...making Sinestra's legendary uber mating habits fall flat if others can do it too.

Furthermore, we know that Sinestra was the mother of Onyxia and Nefarian, but not how Nyxondra was related. She was just some random black dragon who had never been mentioned before Cata. It's possible she could be another of Sinestra's children, or Sinestra's sister. But in all likelyhood, Onyxia is Wrathion's half-sister and his aunt. It would have just been better if he just said "Onyxia" instead of "Auntie Onyxia". Much less confusion and explanation.
    Last edited by Destinas; 2013-07-11 at 09:22 AM.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grocalis View Post
    Like mentioned, Deathwing is not Wrathion's "literal" father.

If you do the event in the Badlands and actually watch the process that created his egg, you will notice that the Titan Artifact didn't just purify his egg, but also merged it with another egg.

The way I see it, the artifact was attempting to find uncorrupted genetic sequences inside the two eggs, and then merged them together by expelling the corrupted sequences. This in turn created a new being going back to when the black dragons were pure, a sort of genetic "clone" of Netharion himself.

For this reason, Wrathion considers Deathwing his father. It also means technically Wrathion has two mothers and possibly two fathers.
    damn! That was interesting and opens all kinds of possible lore twists. Gotta do those badlands quests to see it myself. So basically theres chance lil'Wrath is actually Neltharions clone? Kinda explains his current behaviour. He acts like one who really cares of the world. Like an earthwarden like Neltharion used to be.

But in his case this caring of the world is rather perverted. Screw the people of this world as long as the world itself survives. Atleast thats the feeling im getting.

Anyway getting off topic but in conclusion this little fella can become a major player in Azeroth if written well.

Doesn't Sabellian still have a few black dragons with him in Outland? As far as I can tell, nothing in lore has indicated that Sabellian and Wrathion even know about each other. It would be interesting to see if Blizzard decides to do something with that. I'm pretty sure Sabellian is still alive and hanging out in Blade's Edge Mountains somewhere, unless Blizz just forgot about him. I don't think he has actually done anything significant since that "hunt down and beat the shit out of Gruul's kids" quest chain.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2013-07-11 at 02:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So to sum this up: dragons have no incest taboo and a really strange interpretation of family units, Wrathion is adorable when he reminds everyone he's still a kid, and Deathwing was a pimp.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    So to sum this up: dragons have no incest taboo and a really strange interpretation of family units, Wrathion is adorable when he reminds everyone he's still a kid, and Deathwing was a pimp.
    You missed out Deathwings massive wang that only Sinestra could survive.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    as far as i know alexstrasza also fucked with deathwing but this time she was raped and thus you would think it would be far worse but she survived without scars? maybe mentaliy but i dont see it

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    as far as i know alexstrasza also fucked with deathwing but this time she was raped and thus you would think it would be far worse but she survived without scars? maybe mentaliy but i dont see it
    They are different colors and I'm pretty sure they didn't mate with each other.

Actually Onyxia is his sister/aunt, both forms are acceptable I think.
    If Nyxondra is daughter of Deathwing isn't it incest?

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    I don't think they ever mated. They did fight once in a Twilight Highlands quest.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.