Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Wrathion is an interesting character with a lot of potential. They've built him up pretty well. People have been interested in the purified whelp from the Badlands qyest when it was first introduced, and lots of people liked his development since. Considering all they've put into him, and how he talks about saving the world (if not just to save himself) I doubt they'd kill him off so soon. We haven't had a reason to kill him off, and they won't put one in this soon. Breaking some bottles in an inn and calling people idiots isn't enough to justify killing him in a filler raid, imo.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's clearly one of the new characters brought in to progress the story as they bring the whole plot along from its roots in the previous games. They've said plenty of times they want to start new things off as they tie up the old loose ends. We wont be killing him off any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    Amg I re-listened to his epilogue. The pandaren are so smart. There is a thread saying the next xpac won't be burning legion cause of what he said, he won't leave anything to chance. And that we still need to prepare...But I think there will just be a time skip. I think the pandaren made a good point, we're strong because we constantly fight each other. No side ever winning. I think we're as prepared as we're gonna be for the burning legion. And I hope the next xpac is 10 lvls again, since there prob won't be any new classes. MUCH MUCH bigger dev team to make A LOOOT of new content. This coming xpac will be even greater than MoP, even more content. The end all be all D: ...Wow I got offtopic.

Regardless wrathion won't be a boss, and he'll give us all free legendaries next xpac too :3
    i've often thought there could be a timeskip between this expansion and the next, it would allow the tensions between the horde and alliance to settle as well as allow for characters like wrathion and anduin to grow up some more (including thralls kid)

wouldn't surprise me if we moved 4, 5 or maybe even 10 years into the future in the next expansion. during that skipped time, you could have a tentative peace between the horde and alliance which would be shitty for gameplay as it'd take the war out of warcraft, but it'd open up opportunities for cross faction stuff if desired. a time skip also allows time for the bad guys to regroup and build new lairs and stuff in secret, as well as allowing other minor lore characters to go and do something heroic. hopefully those bastard little kids in stormwind will have grown up too. it'd essentially move WoW onto the next chapter in it's storyline and allow a timeslot to retcon things into if necessary.
    <insert witty signature here>

10+ Year Old Account
    a time jump would make the most sense. patter off the devestation of the cataclysm a little (not too much, just a bit of a tone down).
    Hi

Wrathion is worthy of more than a filler raid I think.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Him being mad is not a big enough justification for him to be a boss.
    Well, he did play the Horde and Alliance both as fools, resulting in many more casualties than there should have been otherwise. I think you can blame him for many things. He's not just mad, he manipulated and indirectly killed many people. That's justification to make him a boss.

I do believe Blizzard has bigger plans for him though, not a filler raid but an actual raid in a next expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by I make people mad View Post
    No most people think hes pure evil simply because hes a black dragon lol
    Well, doesn't he himself state the obvious? Being a black dragon makes him a manipulative evil bastard just like his father.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Well, doesn't he himself state the obvious? Being a black dragon makes him a manipulative evil bastard just like his father.
    Nope. Being a black dragon makes him ruthless and in love with strength, it doesn't make him evil. Alignment-wise Wrathion isn't evil, he's the epitome of Lawful Neutral: he does what needs to be done, no matter the cost. He's not really doing any unnecessary evil action in all this mess. Barely evil actions at all to be honest. Trying to end a war between factions hardly qualifies as that.
    Deathwing was evil because he was corrupted and mad. Black dragons were evil because they received Deathwing's taint, and so became corrupted and mad. Wrathion is neither.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Not yet, he shouldn't be boss for the next 1-2 expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bet you my right testacle Wrathion was drinking Stella Artois before he wrecked the place,or as we call it in the UK the "Wife Beater" drink.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    So I guess when dogs are 3 years old in dog years, they are actually 3 actual years old eh? *rolls eyes*
    Yes, dogs are actualy 3 years old when they are 3 years old.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Yes, dogs are actualy 3 years old when they are 3 years old.
    Time is relative, even to dogs. Einstein was right.
    Hi

I feel like I'm being trolled here, but in case I'm not

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_long_is_a_dog_year
    Stop thinking of dogs as humans please. They live 3 years when they are 3 years old and not a second more. Whole "dog years" thing is a bullshit that is supposed to make their aging process related to us.

Deleted
    So my original question still stands: How LONG are dragon years anyway?
    As long as all years

Deleted
    I'm done being trolled. Good day.
    Walking and breathing at the same time must be very difficult for you

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-07-13 at 07:20 PM.

Oh, it'll be funny. BEWARE ARROGANT MORTAL FOOLS, SEE MY TRUE POWER! And then he shifts to a whelp, looks at his own body, makes -derp- face and flies away.
    LF something funny to place here.

English isn't my native, sorry for possible mistakes

Whether it's bullshit or not is irrelevant when Blizzard implemented that way of thinking into their game, thus making that 'bullshit' a reality in the game and the warcraft universe. So you're entire point of trying to look smart here is moot.

So my original question still stands: How LONG are dragon years anyway?
    He isn't 2 in DRAGON years, he is 2, as in it has been 2 years on azeroth since he hatched IN CATA

Keep in mind here we are talking the years that passed Lore wise, not release dates

He hatched shortly before events that happen in the dragon soul raid.
    The First landfall on Pandaria was Roughly a year after deathwing's fall.
    The Pandaria Campaign was about 3 months later.
    The Thunder King Campaign started a few months later, which is when Anduin and Wrathion talk and when the age comes up.
    So its been about 2 years from the hatching to this quote
    Anduin Wrynn says: Are you lecturing me? You're what - two years old?
    Wrathion says: Two in DRAGON years. It is your move.
    Two in Dragon year doesn't mean dragon years are LONGER, but that Dragons mature faster then humans do.
    Also it was Wrathion making a Joke about that fact.
    Last edited by MisterMxyzptlk; 2013-07-13 at 11:01 PM. Reason: typos, part 2 clerification

I was evil when I was 2 years old too...then I grew in an awesome sexbeast.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Stop thinking of dogs as humans please. They live 3 years when they are 3 years old and not a second more. Whole "dog years" thing is a bullshit that is supposed to make their aging process related to us.
    Dog years are real, it's supported by all vets and scientists in the world, however humans don't have the right perspective about dog years. It's related to health, physical and emotional maturity. It varies per race, size and breed of dog, small dogs generally grow older compared to big ones and they also age in a lesser extent than the bigger dogs. Why do they even use dog years? :

Well a dog hits full maturity around the age of 2.5-3, when looking at humans that's around the age 16-18. Every year past the dog maturity year, they have a steeply increasing chance to get illnesses (Cancer, Tumors), for a human that point is around 60-70 years, for dogs it varies, from 5 to 10 years. So basically what they did is make a graph that connects those points, and found the median to determine the actual (health) age of the dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Him being mad is not a big enough justification for him to be a boss.
    Pretty much this. He's still fighting to keep Azeroth safe. Just in his own way.

Quote Originally Posted by I make people mad View Post
    Some of you just randomly jump into conclusions so suddenly just because hes a black dragon lol
    Racists!

Also I do kinda wanna kill Wrathion after all that work for a cloak.