Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    What proof do you have that he hatched shortly before Dragon soul?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQjXDMEtYGY

Skip to about 1:20 for the actual conversation. There is no joking going on in that conversation. In fact, Anduin is making fun of Wrathion for questioning his ability to lead the alliance after his father by making fun of him being 2 years old, to which he replies in a somewhat irritated manner that he is 2 in DRAGON years, which indicates that a dragon year is much longer than a human year.
    He hatched after the shattering in some quest in ravamped world? Doesn't that mean he hatched shortly before DS?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    He hatched after the shattering in some quest in ravamped world? Doesn't that mean he hatched shortly before DS?
    Well he didn't really hatched during those quests, his egg was just taken somewhere else.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

He would make a pretty poor raid boss based solely on the fact he still uses a cute dragon whelp model :P

I dunno, the only way i can see it is that kinda like in Watchmen, you need a worldwide threat to stop infighting. But after living through 2 of them in the last 2 expansions (and vanilla if you count might of kalimdor), it's pretty clear once we unite against any worldy threat that we then go back to killing each other.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    What proof do you have that he hatched shortly before Dragon soul?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQjXDMEtYGY

Skip to about 1:20 for the actual conversation. There is no joking going on in that conversation. In fact, Anduin is making fun of Wrathion for questioning his ability to lead the alliance after his father by making fun of him being 2 years old, to which he replies in a somewhat irritated manner that he is 2 in DRAGON years, which indicates that a dragon year is much longer than a human year.
    This quest which was added in the patch that added dragon soul
    To Catch a Thief
    Which takes place after The Egg Lives On added in cata
    Which is the end of a long chain where you purify a black dragon egg. HIS egg!
    Seriously please read up on the existing lore of Wrathion, a good place to start would be Wowpedia's Wrathion article
    The real problem is the way blizzard wrote the line, it should have been "In your years but not in dragon years."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Well he didn't really hatched during those quests, his egg was just taken somewhere else.
    he hatched in ravenholt manor during the rogue legendary dagger quests

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMxyzptlk View Post
    he hatched in ravenholt manor during the rogue legendary dagger quests
    Was it ever detailed that it happened during that quest? I had a feeling that it happen some time before the start of the rogue quest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I make people mad View Post
    Some of you just randomly jump into conclusions so suddenly just because hes a black dragon lol
    Yep, it has nothing to do with his suspicious dialogue, or his thirst for power, it's because he's a black dragon!

/end sarcasm

I could see Wrathion being a boss but I'd rather he wasn't, at least not for now. He's very interesting as an ally right now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Nikotin View Post
    Oh, it'll be funny. BEWARE ARROGANT MORTAL FOOLS, SEE MY TRUE POWER! And then he shifts to a whelp, looks at his own body, makes -derp- face and flies away.
    He's not a whelp, he was magically aged. I don't know how old he is, but I think if he shifted to dragon form he's at least be a drake if not a full-on dragon.

Not yet, he said he'll stop at nothing to prepare Azeroth for the coming conflict so perhaps he'll do something drastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Was it ever detailed that it happened during that quest? I had a feeling that it happen some time before the start of the rogue quest.
    well no but the first quest in the chain "Proving Your Worth" is from the red dragons and the state of urgency of the egg was recently stolen, and the red dragons still think he is an egg up until you find him and you do see the cracked empty shell right behind wrathion when he says
    Wrathion says: That's right, mortal. The prize you seek no longer sleeps within a shell. Here I am: in the flesh.
    so he hatched some point between "Proving Your Worth" and the end of "To Catch a Thief"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
    He's not a whelp, he was magically aged. I don't know how old he is, but I think if he shifted to dragon form he's at least be a drake if not a full-on dragon.
    nope hes a whelp hes a whelp at the end of the rogue chain and in MoP

Quote Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
    He has shifted to "dragon" form and he was a whelp. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMxyzptlk View Post
    well no but the first quest in the chain "Proving Your Worth" is from the red dragons and the state of urgency of the egg was recently stolen, and the red dragons still think he is an egg up until you find him and you do see the cracked empty shell right behind wrathion when he says

so he hatched some point between "Proving Your Worth" and the end of "To Catch a Thief"
    Ah I see, I don't have a high level rogue so I had to find everything out through WoWpedia and videos so I must have missed that. Thank you.

Deleted
    Wrathion cannot be a "filler raid" boss. A filler raid would have a random non-lore significant character.