Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Wrathion could keep a Black Dragon of the Size of Nefarian in check during the Rogue legendary questchain.

Don't think Wrathion is a weakling, he was insanely strong before because the Red Dragonflight experimented on his egg, now with those Mogu artifacts he's even more powerful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe wrathion is deathwing in disguise and cataclysm was merely a setback?

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadow View Post
    The guy just threw a child tantrum.
    Give him a break, he's like 2 years old.
    I think anyone of any age would be upset that they spent almost a year manipulating entire nations only for a rogue agent to go and mess up their plan all along.

Deleted
    Let's assume 5.4 will hit servers in August (Based on the assumption that the time between release and 5.2 was 6 months -1 month of leveling / gearing up for semicasual people – time between release of 5.2 + 5 months = august 2013) That's 3 months till Blizzcon.

Let's assume EXP announce on Blizzcon. The last beta test lasted 6 months (MoP Beta began March 2012 and was released in September). Cataclysm beta test lasted 7 months.

Even if they release the beta the moment of Blizzcon it does mean that 5.4 will most likely last 9 months, possibly 10 if they have to delay the beta a bit.

So it is likely, if they don't add another filler raid, the endgame content of 5.4 will last 8-10 months. Not MUCH faster than 11 months of dragonsoul. 6 months since release of 5.4 is nowhere realistic IMO. Unless they prolong the throne of thunder longer than needed.

If they want to keep their promises there has to be a filler raid. But one encounter would be too less.

Quote Originally Posted by D-angeL View Post
    Let's assume 5.4 will hit servers in August (Based on the assumption that the time between release and 5.2 was 6 months -1 month of leveling / gearing up for semicasual people – time between release of 5.2 + 5 months = august 2013) That's 3 months till Blizzcon.

Let's assume EXP announce on Blizzcon. The last beta test lasted 6 months (MoP Beta began March 2012 and was released in September). Cataclysm beta test lasted 7 months.

Even if they release the beta the moment of Blizzcon it does mean that 5.4 will most likely last 9 months, possibly 10 if they have to delay the beta a bit.

So it is likely, if they don't add another filler raid, the endgame content of 5.4 will last 8-10 months. Not MUCH faster than 11 months of dragonsoul. 6 months since release of 5.4 is nowhere realistic IMO. Unless they prolong the throne of thunder longer than needed.

If they want to keep their promises there has to be a filler raid. But one encounter would be too less.
    5.4 ain't coming out in August. September 3rd would be the earliest possibility imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Majestian View Post
    I've read many players wanting a "Red Wedding" event to happen just to mix things up. Metzen's penchant for retcon is also a hindrance imo.
    I can forgive most of the retcon because this game has been going on for a long time, would be hard to introduce new story elements at some point if they can't have any roots.

Just wish he wasn't so horrible at character development.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's just pissed off because two years of him kissing up to you and the pandaren and hanging around getting drunk in the meanwhile didn't pay off.

He's not quite at 'WORLD DESTROY AARRRGGH' levels of fury. He's like a kid throwing a tantrum.

I don't see it. I see him as trying another scheme in the next expansion, I get the feeling he's a well liked character by the staff, and to be fair... I wouldn't be opposed to keeping him around.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    He's just pissed off because two years of him kissing up to you and the pandaren and hanging around getting drunk in the meanwhile didn't pay off.

He's not quite at 'WORLD DESTROY AARRRGGH' levels of fury. He's like a kid throwing a tantrum.

I don't see it. I see him as trying another scheme in the next expansion, I get the feeling he's a well liked character by the staff, and to be fair... I wouldn't be opposed to keeping him around.

True. I'm guessing he'll either be trying to form his own faction to rival the Horde and Alliance, or he'll try to take over the Alliance and Horde from within. Or perhaps a combination of both.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could see him siding with the legion after "giving up" on azeroth.
    Hi

I hope not.

He could serve as a boss down the line (not as a typical villain though) as he develops more of his anti hero personality, but he's just too good of a character to kill off now and has a lot of potential down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    I could see him siding with the legion after "giving up" on azeroth.
    That's probably the one thing I'm adamantly convinced he will never do. He might give up on the Alliance and Horde, which would be very bad for us, but his ultimate goal was to protect Azeroth from the Legion and other hostile threats.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

It would be too soon for that. There will possibly be a filler raid going into the next expansion but not Wrathion. Like others have said he is too much of an interesting character to introduce him and then kill him off. We have a lot to learn of this guy in the following expansion and what his legacy will be. I think we will be having Wrathion in the mix for a couple more expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a hard time buying Wrathion as some sort of grand puppetmaster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    a wrathion raid would be silly, he's trying to save the world, not end it.
    How do you know? He's a black dragon, and like the old saying goes:

cata plus mists is one year as confirmed by metzen on twitter around the launch of mists.

wrathion was born right at the end of cata so assuming each is around 6 months that will put him at around 6 months give or take in human years at the end of mists of pandaria

Deleted
    Him being "not nice" is an amusing end showing his childish characteristics. He's no villain. Yet.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    You will need to grind ToT for about 2 years worth of terrible rng to unlock the Wrathion raid.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think for once Blizz is actually going to save that character for something better. It's obvious he's a villain but I'm thinking he won't make his grand appearance until we've defeated the legion in the next x-pac. I'd be willing to bet he'll be one of the main antagonist in the 'final' xpac. Revealing his true plan to dominate Azeroth and maybe free the Old Gods, once the threat of the legion is all but dealt with.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    I think for once Blizz is actually going to save that character for something better. It's obvious he's a villain but I'm thinking he won't make his grand appearance until we've defeated the legion in the next x-pac. I'd be willing to bet he'll be one of the main antagonist in the 'final' xpac. Revealing his true plan to dominate Azeroth and maybe free the Old Gods, once the threat of the legion is all but dealt with.
    I don't think you can deal with the legion, you can slow them, but they'll regen and come back stronger every wave.

I think sargeras might do something to wrathion though, unless he already done so and we don't know it yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    ya wrathion is still a child, or toddler, if he was to end up in a raid, which i dont think he ever will, won't be for a couple of expansions, I really hope we get to go to different planets, i know there are 5 that we know of,with us having been to 2, , but i am sure there are others we haven't heard of. I'd like to go to argus, k'aresh, xoroth, and with outland being only one of the fragments of draenor, there are probably other fragments, floating around the twisting nether,and some other planets even, that we don't know about. There is just so much potential there.