Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Filler raid? Hell no.

If Blizzard is smart, they'll continue to build him up. He could easily become an amazing expansion end boss if done right.

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    I think for once Blizz is actually going to save that character for something better. It's obvious he's a villain but I'm thinking he won't make his grand appearance until we've defeated the legion in the next x-pac. I'd be willing to bet he'll be one of the main antagonist in the 'final' xpac. Revealing his true plan to dominate Azeroth and maybe free the Old Gods, once the threat of the legion is all but dealt with.
    I still dont think hes Evil, he is ether neutral good, or chaotic good, but not evil. This is made clear in the rogue quests in cata, He can hear the old gods but with sanity like he knows their plans, but they can not control him like they could all other black dragons
    read up on: http://www.wowpedia.org/Quest:To_Catch_a_Thief and http://www.wowpedia.org/Quest:Patricide
    Also take into account he is 2 years old, the terrible 2s it was a tantrum.

15+ Year Old Account
    He isn't evil, but I get why so may plebs are having a hard time learning that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Do people don't know what anti-hero is?
    Illidan? Kael'Thas? Sylvanas? Arthas? Garrosh? Doomhammer? Grom Hellscream?

Most of WoW is made up of Anti-heroes. Why do you think the story is so compelling
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-07-11 at 03:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wanna smack him upside the head, raid-boss that. >.>

For once, Blizz's lore writing is so good that people are convinced of Wrathions Saviorness. Wrathion is but a prophet, 'forseeing' something obvious to come. Will it happen following the defeat of Garrosh? Who knows.

All Wrathion is is an overpompous arrogant black dragon whelp that has been cleverly using the champions of the Horde and Alliance to enhance his power leagues ahead of what it should be.

He harnesses mogu power and sha energy then decides to 'enhance' sha-corrupted weaponry. He takes the power of the Thunder King and utilizes the Thunder Forge and gives you a pittance of it as a reward. He leads you on this begging spree to the Celestials so he can demand more power from Pandaria, utilizing you as a catalyst.

We've been duped from the beginning. No matter what his 'intentions' are, they aren't whats right for Azeroth. Many organizations in the past have unified the Horde and Alliance to destroy the common foe, Wrathion clearly is nothing special.
    ---TransAwesome---
    A rainbow a day keeps the gloomies away.

Thrall seemed pretty angry.. he must be a raid boss too.

Wrathion likely won't be a true villain. He's an uncorrupted Black Dragon, meaning it's basically encoded in his very being to protect Azeroth.

Wrathion is being developed as the anti hero. We may fight him in the future but it will likely be from him doing something to save Azeroth that isn't exactly safe to us mortal races like using a Titan device.

As for his anger, he's a kid throwing a temper tantrum. He spent the last year or whatever the Pandaren expedition was on a continent and being surrounded by people who are polar opposites and he despises (the Pandaren.) And when it was time to reap the fruits of his labors and see the end of the plan, Varian muffs it up. So he throws a temper tantrum like the child that he is.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...He's a whelpling. He may have power. But remember who took down his dad...

Deleted
    I've been disappointed by the storytelling in WoW before, but I don't think they'll completely decimate the time they've spent putting into Wrathion's character development to just go "OOP RAID BOSS, kill him and let's move on". He's far too interesting, and Dave Kosak seems quite invested in story.

With Garrosh, there was an awful lot of red flags going on with his character development. The need to crush the Alliance, the remaking or Orgrimmar into a steel fortress - they all set him up to eventually turn and go evil. Wrathion does seem to genuinely have Azeroth's safety at the top of his list - he's just angry that Azeroth is about to take a pounding and the Horde and the Alliance are busy being all "MURRR USURPING THRONES ECT".

I'm not so sure that the lore team would be so quick to kill off such an interesting character.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chikuto View Post
    I've been disappointed by the storytelling in WoW before, but I don't think they'll completely decimate the time they've spent putting into Wrathion's character development to just go "OOP RAID BOSS, kill him and let's move on". He's far too interesting, and Dave Kosak seems quite invested in story.

With Garrosh, there was an awful lot of red flags going on with his character development. The need to crush the Alliance, the remaking or Orgrimmar into a steel fortress - they all set him up to eventually turn and go evil. Wrathion does seem to genuinely have Azeroth's safety at the top of his list - he's just angry that Azeroth is about to take a pounding and the Horde and the Alliance are busy being all "MURRR USURPING THRONES ECT".
    Beat me to it.

If Wrathion were to be a boss, he'd probably be the major boss of an expansion much like Illidan, Lich King, or Deathwing.
    Last edited by Phasma; 2013-07-11 at 04:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    Some of you just randomly jump into conclusions so suddenly just because hes a black dragon lol
    Well he says he is the son of Deathwing so yeah.

The madness falls far from the tree of the dragons AM I RIGHT?
    For the Horde!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post

Deathwing's madness was induced. Neltharion was, originally, a very kind and wise dragon, whose function was to shape the world for the mortal races to live on. It was the Old Gods that turned him mad, and the corruption soon spread to all his Flight.
    Wrathion is free of that, it's his very own definition. The whole point behind his character is that he is a -pure- black dragon, uncorrupted by the Old Gods and free form Deathwing's madness. So yes, the apple will fall far form the tree, it's the very reason they made his character in the first place.

Thing is... he believes in Neltharion's original mission. Wrathion considers himself the guardian of Azeroth, and thus is willing to do anything to preserve it. He says that much: he wants a united world, because he wants Azeroth to be ready for when the Legion's assault will come.
    He and Anduin are the perfect pair. Anduin represents hope, kindness and peace, while Wrathion is strength, vengeance and righteous fury. I expect more of the two to be honest, Blizzard didn't tie them for nothing imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post

Wrathion is uncorrupt - he's not mad.

That's sort of like. His entire deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaphiron View Post
    No idea what some of these guys been smoking, but Wrathion wasn't and never will be a boss .
    Blizz has been building him into important char with an even bigger role.. and that is to bring the alliance and horde together to be able got stand against the burning legion. This is what he discusses in the legendary questline and points out that without unity Azeroth will be destroyed. So when garrosh is out of the picture he will start making his move.
    Oeps wrote this before I watched the Wrathion epiloque, but still after hearing all of it I don't think he'llbe a raid boss or anything of the sort.
    What I do think is that he'll enforce more war to make sure his plan goes through, he will now use more desperate means to do so.
    This doesn't make him evil since he's trying to unite Azeroth and save it from destruction and we will see if his end justify his means.

10+ Year Old Account
    His Mentality is close to that of a Vulcans in Star Trek aka For the Greater Good or the needs of the many out weight the needs of the few.He sees the loss of a percentage of the population of Azeroth is better than it being completely wiped out.

Deleted
    Wrathion is evil in nature, just listen to him when he speaks of Thunder King with praises, just listen to him how he tries to cheat celestials with sweet lies, when he clearly doesnt belive what he's saying.
    Just look at his rage from datamined audio.

He is still young, maybe his goals are true and he's trying to prepare for Burning Legion invasion, but his methods are wrong.
    So far he tried to stay on the sidelines and manipulate Horde and Alliance from shadow with champions help,
    but when his plan failed (Varian didnt want annihilate Horde), he said next time he won't leave anything to chance, meaning he will pull the string and decide our fate, and as we just seen, it's not sunshine and rainbows for everyone,
    he's OK with killing half of the world to unite the rest, where good approach would be trying to make peace and save all

He didn't even get that mad. And he was barely throwing a temper tantrum, he just vented his rage by calling Varian a fool and saying he will stop at nothing to protect the world. I don't know how vowing to protect a planet is the same as a temper tantrum but okay MMO-Champion.

Anyway, his mind is in the right place, he would prefer the world to unite and defend against the legion, rather than getting obliterated in a 3 way war. I am dumbfounded how some posters here cannot understand this and believe he is evil because he got angry when Varian made a terrible decision

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitorii View Post
    He didn't even get that mad. And he was barely throwing a temper tantrum, he just vented his rage by calling Varian a fool and saying he will stop at nothing to protect the world. I don't know how vowing to protect a planet is the same as a temper tantrum but okay MMO-Champion.

Anyway, his mind is in the right place, he would prefer the world to unite and defend against the legion, rather than getting obliterated in a 3 way war. I am dumbfounded how some posters here cannot understand this and believe he is evil because he got angry when Varian made a terrible decision
    No most people think hes pure evil simply because hes a black dragon lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I make people mad View Post
    No most people think hes pure evil simply because hes a black dragon lol

Amg I re-listened to his epilogue. The pandaren are so smart. There is a thread saying the next xpac won't be burning legion cause of what he said, he won't leave anything to chance. And that we still need to prepare...But I think there will just be a time skip. I think the pandaren made a good point, we're strong because we constantly fight each other. No side ever winning. I think we're as prepared as we're gonna be for the burning legion. And I hope the next xpac is 10 lvls again, since there prob won't be any new classes. MUCH MUCH bigger dev team to make A LOOOT of new content. This coming xpac will be even greater than MoP, even more content. The end all be all D: ...Wow I got offtopic.

Regardless wrathion won't be a boss, and he'll give us all free legendaries next xpac too :3

someone ITT mentioned potential for wrathion to start a 3rd faction, i think that's more plausible than seeing him as a filler raid boss.

hmmmm, purely speculating now, but could wrathion somehow make players into dragonkin? or even just bestow powers upon them? he could start a new black dragonflight that welcomes players from the horde and alliance.

tbh, i just wanna know where blizz are heading. we need some expansion leaks
    <insert witty signature here>