Hearth Stone linked in Wow

With the new Hearthstone Gameboard datamined (thank you btw) , I wonder if they will tie in hearthstone with warcraft where you would be able to play the game from inside wow as a mini game by say going to an inn and clicking the hearthstone board.

Pet battles / Pvp / Professions / Heathstone

Your hearthstone game will more than likely be linked to your battlenet anyway so it should not be too difficult.

I think this would be great.

What do you guys think.

I haven't played a card game in years but I am stoked for Hearthstone. I'm all for playing it in while waiting for a queue or something. I'd probably do that anyways even if the feature wasn't built in. I'm not sure what else the board would be for in WoW.

Could be a great way to keep yourself entertained while, for example, waiting for a raid. I approve.

I read someone saying somewhere -- not sure how legit it is -- that the premise of Hearthstone is that it's a game our WoW characters are playing in inns. Based on that I was a bit surprised when someone asked Blizz and they said they didn't initially have any plans to integrate a Hearthstone client into WoW.

Either way I thought it would be a no-brainer to be able to play Hearthstone through WoW. Hope they do it.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im gonna play the shit outa the game, so idc eaither way.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I read someone saying somewhere -- not sure how legit it is -- that the premise of Hearthstone is that it's a game our WoW characters are playing in inns.
    That's actually a cool idea. I like it. Headcannon now.

so we can play a game, in a game, based on the game that you play it in.
    ok.

They have a huge captive audience in the WOW player base so it would make sense to do so. It could also help with sub retention if players have an additional thing to occupy them in WOW.

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    so we can play a game, in a game, based on the game that you play it in.
    ok.
    Yo dawg, I heard you like playing games...

Seriously, though, given how likely players are to play this with WoW running in the background, it seems like a convenient thing to do, more than anything.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's more likely next to a new NPC that promotes hearthstone. If they said they have no plans of allowing people to right click persons and choose "Challenge for a Hearthstone round", or use the board at an inn.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Deleted
    i think the heartstone game table will have the same role as the Snes and other game consoles found in your room when playing pokemon.

its there as an easter egg that promotes more of their own stuff.

So with patch 5.4 going live this week in WoW , dose that mean we miht be seeing a open beta invite for hearthstone , for us that signed up for closed beta but didnt get invited.

Someone already asked about this and a blue responded, if I correctly recall, that there are no plans for this. They want to keep them separate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by adupuiyo31 View Post
    So with patch 5.4 going live this week in WoW , dose that mean we miht be seeing a open beta invite for hearthstone , for us that signed up for closed beta but didnt get invited.
    Not likely. Indeed, there's probably little point of an open beta, since the closed beta already has so many players. They'll probably just release it and skip the open beta phase. I mean, the game sounds like it's already pretty close to release.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2013-09-10 at 04:41 PM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Blizzard has no plans to link Hearthstone and WoW ingame. They have already said that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larsoney View Post
    I haven't played a card game in years but I am stoked for Hearthstone. I'm all for playing it in while waiting for a queue or something. I'd probably do that anyways even if the feature wasn't built in. I'm not sure what else the board would be for in WoW.
    decoration of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

I would think blizz would make more money off it if they had it as a free stand alone game, without requiring a wow subscription.