Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    England let it slip a bit there. We really needed a daddy hundred from Bell or Bairstow, to give up three wickets to a part time bowler is very poor. Bresnan and Broad can bat a bit though, and Swann is decent. Shame that we're left needing runs from the tail again though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bell and Bairstow pretty much saved England from an embarrassing first innings.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Deleted
    Well that's the Australian tail out, now for the proper batsmen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Proper batsmen didn't do much better.

Knock up a couple of hundred here and declare around the 225-250 mark and bowl them out. Have a couple of days off and call this one early.

Deleted
    Well that plan has been slightly derailed. Every time England look like they might be able to press an advantage they manage to fuck up. Letting the Aussies stick on 168 for the tenth wicket in the last game, and now this.

10+ Year Old Account
    They still only need to force Australia to bat 350-400 and wrap it up in 2 1/2 days.

So are we going to burn the urn and declare the death of Australian Cricket?

10+ Year Old Account
    No more than we would have done when the Australians ruled the 90s.

If I'm honest England have been terrible, a semi decent Australian side would be battering them here. If Agar and his younger brothers are the hype everyone is giving them, England is going to be in serious trouble in the next 4-5 years.

Deleted
    Joe Root is pretty good for a 14 year old.

Deleted
    Thumping victory. All the talk of 10-0 seems justified after a performance like that.

Deleted
    Yorkshire Day today. Bresnan to get eight, Root to score a hundred before close.

Deleted
    Well, England retain the Ashes but not in the manner they'd hope. A good first innings from the Aussies, but their second wasn't anything special. England's batsmen are struggling too, Cook, Root, Trott, Bairstow and Prior really haven't played very well.

Deleted
    trott, bairstow & prior have got to be dropped for the next test.
    none of them have done anything in the 1st 3 tests to prove worthy of their places in the team & having now retained the ashes, it should be time to have a look at a few new faces for the upcoming series in australia.

Deleted
    That's a bit of a jump. Trott and Prior have been two of the best players in the world for the past few years.

Deleted
    Well England managed to pull that out. What a great Test. It really could have gone either way at various points, but they did just enough. England will be really worried about Cook, Trott, Prior, Bresnan, Root and even Anderson, there's a genuine sense of papering over the cracks here. Still, it's a 3-0 series lead, and the chance to beat the Aussies 4-0, which would be pretty special.

Coming to this thread is like walking into a bar full of people who you didn't at first realize the bar catered to and they all start looking at you funny.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    England have been drab in this series, save the match at Lord's. If they had been playing decent, Australia would never have come as close as they have done so far to a win.

People need to perform a lot better when the tour goes to Australia later in the year.

Australia better luck next time

Deleted
    Well what a crazy fucking day. Clarke should be commended for the declaration, though who knows, England could have bowled them out. I understand that the law regarding light makes sense as it is impartial, but there must be some sort of common sense clause so that something like this doesn't happen again. If England had been 7 down neither team would be happy with what just happened.

A good summer of cricket though. Now to wait until November. Hopefully England's batsmen will turn up this time.

Deleted
    Clarke damn near threw it away for no reason I can think of. There was no way England was going to be bowled out in 44 overs, given how deep they can bat, and an asking rate of 5-6 runs an over on a flat-flat-flat Oval pitch was a laugh.