Reporting Ninja Looting

I hear a lot of complaints about Blizzard not dealing with toxic players, ninjas, botters etc. I always thought it's because the situations aren't clear and they just can't prove something took place or there is reasonable doubt about breaking the rules.

I hardly ever make tickets, especially to complain, but this time I thought the situation was so clear that I should. I put effort into it, just to make sure it's well documented:

I would like to report the player Pe***** from Twisting Nether for loot scam, in Terrace of Endless Springs 10man Normal raid.

Having read https://us.battle.net/support/en/art...zzard-s-stance , specifically: "Blizzard considers it a loot scam when a Master Looter establishes clear rules for specific loot distribution using channels that are visible to all players (such as party chat or raid chat), then breaks those rules by distributing the loot differently." , I believe the situation qualifies.

The player was the Master Looter and the loot distribution was done by rolling. He linked the items and asked players to roll. This was done until he needed an item himself. He asked for rolls, but he lost to two other players. He did not give the item to the winner (Az**** from Twisting Nether) because he claimed it wasn't better than what he had. The second person (Me), he ignored. When asked about it in /w he said the winner gave him the shoulders, which was not true. Before the conversation was over he left.

Attached are screenshots of the roll, the item being awarded to the scammer, the lie about the winner giving him the item and the proof it's a lie.

While this might not be that important, since it is tier 14 content, it is still a clear violation of rules and I believe such players should not go unpunished; not because of this particular incident, but because they assume breaking the rules is fine, regardless of it being unpleasant for other players.

Thank you for reading and hopefully dealing with the player.

With regards,

Ch***
    The attached screenshot was:

My ticket was answered very quickly - about 2 hours - however the response said, the situation does not warrant action to be taken against the Master Looter.
    I found this very strange. I was absolutely sure this was enough. I was deliberately picky to give enough proof. Also they surely have all the logs of the raid, so they know I wasn't lying.
    Please don't tell me not to care about tier 14 gear. That's not the point. Whether it's Queen Azshara's Legendary Dildo or Tier 14 token, the principle is the same. Also, I was not the rightful recipient of the item anyway.

So what do you think? Is it really alright to ninja items in raids because reporting successfully is close to impossible?

Sucks but there is no such a thing as ninja looting in wow.
    Its always players fault for joining wrong raid.

There is some urban legend about asking leader to tell loot rules clearly before starting but i have not ever heard this to help anyone.

were the rules stated clearly in RAID chat before starting? Ultimately, master looter can do whatever he wants unless the master looter sets out rules before any loot drops. For example, he has to say all bop items are ms > os >de/mog, while all BoEs are ms > sell spec. MS must equip. If he says those things and then you win a roll but he gives the loot to someone else, then blizzard can do something for you. Unfortunately without clearly stated rules, blizzard can't do much for you it sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    judging 25man raiding by LFR standards saying it requires no coordination, is like saying 5mans require cheese sandwiches because i like turtles.

as long as blizzard keeps it easy for masterlooters to take stuff like that and suffer no consequences the more likely it will happen

So you think that the fact that he clearly lied about the reason he took the item wasn't proof enough of him being fully aware he was breaking the rules?

You quoted a txt saying there must be clear rules, yet the ml didn't state any rules. Obviously they cant help then.

Quote Originally Posted by Zubacz View Post
    So you think that the fact that he clearly lied about the reason he took the item wasn't proof enough of him being fully aware he was breaking the rules?
    Mate I have been playing this game since vanilla and everquest before that and believe me some people just are not worth second taughts. All you can really do is dust yourself off and continue on learning to be more careful next time.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zubacz View Post

To get someone like this you need to have them state the loot rules in chat before the loot drops

I.E.
    "Roll main spec only highest wins."

Linking the item and saying roll means nothing. He could be giving it to the lowest roll, or the middle roll. Nothing says it has to go to the highest.

Alright, thanks everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demec View Post
    There is some urban legend about asking leader to tell loot rules clearly before starting but i have not ever heard this to help anyone.
    That isn't an urban legend... I used to play with an aussie GM (even met him IRL) and i know for a fact that its not an urban legend. If its in anything but whispers a gm can see everything he said and will use it as evidence in the ticket claim. If it is proven true the loot will be removed from the player that stole the item but it will never be refunded to someone else that rolled on it. It just gets deleted from the player that stole it.
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2013-07-10 at 03:55 PM.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Ninja looters used to be outcasts in servers when there was still communities, that was the only defence against them. Now you just need to be careful, cause GMs wont take action against them.
    No they weren't. A well known ninja was free to lead raids at any time while being called out in trade chat. ( he always filled the raid btw)

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes they were, my guild had a list of people who we were advised not to raid with. There was forum blacklists.
    50 people out of 1000's isn't going to stop someone from raiding.

Did you contact Blizz again and follow up? Maybe the person who responded to you misunderstood something, or read something wrong. I had been in a similar situation, and it was properly resolved by Blizz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats your choice if your deperate enough to group with a ninja, combined with the trade hate, and general connections with players, a lot of ninjas were well known throughout the server, not just through guilds.

Its impossible to identify ninjas now that theres no communication between players.
    Where did I say I grouped with them? I just said they never got shunned like you seem to think. Maybe a few people did, but that wasn't enough.

Well, I don't raid, but I have noticed a recent trend with people rolling need on EVERYTHING, especially tanks.... Even today a tank rolled need on Vyrkul Shackles, and they would have been a really big upgrade for me. So I said something in chat and was told to "save your breath, everybody rolls need on blues and better these days." OK, so Vyrkle Shackles drop pretty much every run, and I got a set later this morning, but I am wishing that Blizzard would do something to these people. I am SO NOT a greedy person in WoW, that I won't even roll freed on blues that I think others in the group might need.

These idiots are ruining the fun for the good people who remain, and even with all the idiots, I am sure the good people still far outnumber the idiots who do this stuff.

upgrade on my monk, that is, not this one.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The problem that i see is that you made a ticket, about an item someone "ninjad" from someone else, That is your problem, they can't help you with someone elses problem, I've had this situation occur myself, and that's what it comes down too, Noone ninjad from you, so you reporting it is just a waste of peoples time unfortunately

I had exactly the same problem a few years ago with the mount from OS 3D I won the roll and then the master looter looter decided he was going to raid roll it, repeatedly, until he or his mate won. I reported it and was told that they could not do anything about it as the rules were not stated even though we'd been asked to roll on the mount and all other loot was distributed this way. I escalated the ticket and ended up having quite a lengthy conversation with a GM who seemed like a nice guy but at the end of the day that is their policy and he had to follow it.

Not sure if this has been stated yet, but even if the GM found him to be breaking the raid loot rules you (or the highest rolling person) would not be awarded the item, it would just be removed from the loot masters inventory.