Page 22 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridgetjones View Post
    So if a fertilized egg is a human and an abortion is murder, then the hair on your pillow is also a human and washing your sheets is murder.
    Whew...and i was starting to think the entertainment had stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Do you have a definition for a person? Or just what the state tells you?
    I do. I thought I made it clear in my post about the problem of defining a person, though.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Whatever... Wallow in your ignorance.
    That's not my ignorance, that's me wallowing in "life at fertilization" ignorance. Any way your rephrase it or apply it to any other potential human makes it sound like total bullshit because it's total bullshit. I'm glad you thought my comment sounded as stupid as I intended it to sound.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Boo hoo hoo! It's my body I should be able to do whatever. No when you got yourself pregnant your body became 2 bodies. Get a job and raise your kid or put it up for adoption. The one and ONLY reason I am Pro-Choice is because of population control I hate humans as a species. But I still think it is selfish and messed up and whatever your excuse is it is not good enough. Stop whining and use birth control or get fixed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yautjalv426 View Post
    Boo hoo hoo! It's my body I should be able to do whatever. No when you got yourself pregnant your body became 2 bodies.
    Yeah, when they are no longer physically connected. Until that happens, it's one body.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficus View Post
    Whew...and i was starting to think the entertainment had stopped.
    I'm always here for you, Mary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
    We could.

-snip-
    Might want to take down the meme image before you get infracted.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Yautjalv426 View Post
    Boo hoo hoo! It's my body I should be able to do whatever. No when you got yourself pregnant your body became 2 bodies. Get a job and raise your kid or put it up for adoption. The one and ONLY reason I am Pro-Choice is because of population control I hate humans as a species. But I still think it is selfish and messed up and whatever your excuse is it is not good enough. Stop whining and use birth control or get fixed.
    Not constructive, the same argument can be applied to you.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

So many hypocrites these days. God fearing men and women who blame human nature for over-stepping their own bible. You judge subconsciously and try to justify your judgement with weak logic that defines good and bad in some mortal short-sighted concept. Country founded on freedom of religion yet continue to redefine political references to religious ones in hope of backing political goals with christian propaganda. Life will happen how it happens and will never happen any other way. Even the fight for or against are values taught to you expressed in words you mimicked from those parenting you. Everything we think we are we were taught to be, felt our way and expressed how we wanted through that which surrounds us and creates our reality.

The only question left at the end of the day is,

Do you feel in any story you will always have all the facts possible for anything in which you can pass judgement on someone you've never met, even if they forced the same on you in some unique life-threatening story you had no control over? Well, doesn't matter because you will be where you belong and do how you best feel you must through that which made you who you are.

Takes some pretty bold people to claim they have the answer for everyone else. Good luck with your attacks on freedom of choice, I hear those who believe in destiny hold a whole bunch of choices. I know, you don't get it. Maybe you do. Either way, you will respond how you must respond and you could not respond any other way. It's who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficus View Post
    Oh, so it's modeled after barrycare? Bound to be a winner then.
    Actually... the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act was passed during a regular session of Congress and it was one of the major pieces of Obama's platform when he was elected. It also stood up to judicial review. So no, it's not the same at all.

Oh, and another thing. If the "Pro-Life" crowd actually gave a shit about kids being adopted, then why have the passed laws in dozens of states banning gays, singles, and unmarried couples from adopting?

The shocking answer is that they do. not. care. about people, they care about bludgeoning people with their holy book regardless of the outcome.

If you cared to read his post, you would realize that the religious right is notorious, and self-admitted to pushing their "personal" beliefs onto the public stage, enacting theocracy.
    They are "notorious" because the media is largely made up of the secular left. They are certainly more open about what they are doing, but that doesn't mean they do it any more than any other group.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Children in the foster system often have no choice about what life they get to lead. They grow up 'cared' for by people that do not care for them. They have no support systems. For many people, these children might as well not exist because they 'have no parents.' They end up criminals, jobless, homeless, dead, destitute, and oftentimes with unwanted children that they themselves cannot take care of that then end up in the same horrible system. I am a lucky, rare exception, and I will fight and argue ferociously against anybody that forces these countless children to depend entirely upon being the lucky exception just to not have a horrible life.

I would reform the foster/adoption system if I could, god dammit I would, but it would never gain enough support in politics, because nobody would want to fund it.
    Yes but not 100% of them. With your logic, as long as one person lives a horrible life than they all should be killed for fear of living that horrible life. You could have the greatest parents, fantastic support systems, not in a foster system, not homeless or jobless but still end up killing yourself or living a horrible life. So with your logic, every human should be aborted because there's a "chance" for these terrible things to happen to some of us. As long as there's a chance, we should all die.

The irony is that while this is a bit more on the conservative side, this is pretty much how abortion works in most of Europe (but they do 22-24 weeks, not 20).

American democrats are complete radicals in the area of abortion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agnar View Post
    Yes but not 100% of them. With your logic, as long as one person lives a horrible life than they all should be killed for fear of living that horrible life. You could have the greatest parents, fantastic support systems, not in a foster system, not homeless or jobless but still end up killing yourself or living a horrible life. So with your logic, every human should be aborted because there's a "chance" for these terrible things to happen to some of us. As long as there's a chance, we should all die.
    Not killed. Never be born. There's a key difference there. Something that was never conscious of life in the first place never misses it.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

That isn't my logic, but you're choosing to read it that way. Parents deserve the chance to raise their children when they're ready. Abortion is that chance. Children deserve that chance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by leafs43 View Post
    The irony is that while this is a bit more on the conservative side, this is pretty much how abortion works in most of Europe (but they do 22-24 weeks, not 20).

American democrats are complete radicals in the area of abortion.
    The time limit of 20 weeks isn't actually the issue, the real issue is that the bill is actually designed to severely limit access to abortions, period. The 20 weeks part is only incidental.

Circumstances meaning, they are combined.
    right. so they could potentially be a person.

therefore they should be treated exactly the same as a person, since the potential is there, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Not killed. Never be born. There's a key difference there. Something that was never conscious of life in the first place never misses it.
    How can someone miss something they wish to not be apart of anymore? That's like saying I like to apples but I also hate them.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    If I had to choose between killing the baby and giving it away yes I would give it away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
    Yeah clearly anyone who wants an abortion aren't working. Let me guess, you also have no problem giving your children away.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridgetjones View Post
    Oh, and another thing. If the "Pro-Life" crowd actually gave a shit about kids being adopted, then why have the passed laws in dozens of states banning gays, singles, and unmarried couples from adopting?

The shocking answer is that they do. not. care. about people, they care about bludgeoning people with their holy book regardless of the outcome.
    The implementation of the minimum wage caused numerous young black males to lose their jobs. Clearly anyone who supports the minimum wage hates young black males.

Or maybe, just maybe, supporting something that has a specific result doesn't always mean you support that result, and maybe, just maybe, saying someone believes something or cares about something (or doesn't) doesn't always make it true.