View Poll Results: Do you like the War counil Idea ?

Voters
84. This poll is closed
  • Yes

37 44.05%
  • No

40 47.62%
  • Unsure - Explain in comments

7 8.33%
Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Horde's War Council

I mentioned this idea about 4-5 months ago about the horde after Garrosh being unable to place ultimate trust in any one leader again (hell even thrall because he put Garrosh in charge despite Carine not agreeing)

I think that come the end of Siege and possibly the end of the expansion the horde will nominate a war council to discuss plans for war and the betterment of the various peoples that make up the horde.

The council will not be made up of the leaders of the factions but similar to the UN it would be ambassadors speaking on behalf of their leaders.

Firstly I will add a poll, as I would like to see peoples opinions on this feature and how the hardcore horde players feel about the change in leadership style.

Secondly to get a feel for peoples choic of ambassadors in the council please respond with your suggestions below using the same style.

Orc -
    Troll -
    Tauren -
    Goblin -
    Undead -
    Blood Elf -
    Panda -

Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, councils are for Alliance. Horde needs to have Warchief. I hope Saurfang will become Warchief of the Horde after killing Garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Felarion View Post
    No, councils are for Alliance. Horde needs to have Warchief. I hope Saurfang will become Warchief of the Horde after killing Garrosh.
    While I agree with the classic "horde must have a warchief" I do not think that the various races will agree on any one person after seeing the damage done by Garrosh.

Trolls - Garrosh treated them like sh*t nearly the whole time he was warchief.

Tauren - Thrall completely disregarded Carine's advise and even though he knew he was wrong in his descision he walked away, then Garrosh treats baine with the same attitude during tides and all during his reign as warchief.

Goblins - Never really trust anyone other then goblins, they charge the horde overpriced charges on repairs in orgrimmar and then are treated like dirt by Garrosh and his commanders.

Undead - The undead joined the horde orginally for protection from the alliance but never truely trusted the horde leaders and vice-versa, after the wraithgate Kor-kron guards were put in to maintain order in the undercity insulting sylvanas's leadership abilities, Garrosh insults her and her people and orders her to not reanimate the dead via the Val'kir.

Blood elfs - Lor'themar and his people are laughed at and have almost no say in the hordes leadership under Garrosh and even under thrall the blood elfs closest horde ally was the forsaken. The forsaken and the blood elfs are the tow races that seem to have little to no say in the main running of the horde.

It is for reasons such as the ones I have mentioned above that I think the leaders will not choose a single warchief again but rather the council idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Orc - Saurfang
    Troll - Zen'tabra
    Tauren - Sunwalker Dezco
    Goblin - <No Ideas Come to Mind>
    Undead - Koltira Deathweaver
    Blood Elf - Halduron Brightwing
    Panda - Ji Firepaw

Deleted
    I vote for Council. Although if it's not going to be the faction leaders in the Council then
    Orc - Thrall/Saurfang/Eitrigg depending on the outcome of SoO
    Troll - Rokhan or Vanira
    Tauren - Dezco
    Goblin - Sassy Hardwrench
    Undead - Nathanos the Blightcaller
    Blood Elf - Grand Magister Rommath
    Pandaren - Ji Firepaw? I guess, if they dont come up with some new pandaren of the Horde (Chen is neutral)

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Why would be need WAR council ? Isnt the point of getting rid of garrosh, so we can life in peace, friendship and harmony ? Also rainbows.

Deleted
    Because war always exists. Simple.

Deleted
    There will always be a war. No matter who is in charge. Horde will always fight Alliance.

Garrosh was the best on the table when looking at the faction wars.

Horde won't have a council, they will have a Warchief

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felarion View Post
    Not even now the Alliance have any councils, just a High King, which is very disappointing for all nonhuman members of the Alliance.

If there is to be a warchief I personally don't see Vol'jin or lor'themar as Typical Horde Warchiefs.

for the people that say the horde doesn't have councils, that councils are for the alliance: the horde had a council on WC1 - the shadow council, a group of warlocks and necrolytes, leaded by gul'dan.

it was gul'dan that put blackhand as the warchief, and when doomhammer murdered blackhand and took the mantle of warchief, he also went after the shadow council and killed them all as well, because he felt they could threaten his position as the warchief. it was than that the horde ceased to have a council.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Nah, one supreme leader beats councils on this scale. Silvermoon can have a council if they want to, though even that's not necessary now that Lor'themar has found his balls.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    for the people that say the horde doesn't have councils, that councils are for the alliance: the horde had a council on WC1 - the shadow council, a group of warlocks and necrolytes, leaded by gul'dan.

it was gul'dan that put blackhand as the warchief, and when doomhammer murdered blackhand and took the mantle of warchief, he also went after the shadow council and killed them all as well, because he felt they could threaten his position as the warchief. it was than that the horde ceased to have a council.
    You sir are correct +1, people need to forget the horde's questionable past.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Nah, one supreme leader beats councils on this scale. Silvermoon can have a council if they want to, though even that's not necessary now that Lor'themar has found his balls.
    lor'themar actually found his balls in cataclysm, but he left them hanging on his sword as decoration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgePayne View Post
    You sir are correct +1, people need to forget the horde's questionable past.
    Let's look at the many versions of the Horde though

The Orcish Horde: Blackhand as "Warchief", Gul'dan and the Shadow Council actually leading.
    The Old Horde: Doomhammer as Warchief
    Horde of Draenor: Ner'zhul as Warchief
    The New Horde Horde: Thrall as Warchief
    Fel Horde: Kargath Bladefist as Warchief
    True Horde: Garrosh Hellscream as Warchief

5/6 versions of the Horde had all power in the hands of the Warchief, the only exception still had the common people believing the Warchief held all power. Do you see why this trend is there now?

Also, Councils are for the Alliance, Let's keep the Horde "The Horde", shall we?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post

It was Council only by name. Every decision was made by Gul'Dan. His followers only serve him.

Personally I think the only people with an issue about the council would be orcs as primarily they have been the warchiefs but now the raceswould have an equal say in the command of the horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgePayne View Post
    Personally I think the only people with an issue about the council would be orcs as primarily they have been the warchiefs but now the raceswould have an equal say in the command of the horde.
    Do the Goblins and Forsaken really deserve a voice in the Horde?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Let's look at the many versions of the Horde though

The Orcish Horde: Blackhand as "Warchief", Gul'dan and the Shadow Council actually leading.
    The Old Horde: Doomhammer as Warchief
    Horde of Draenor: Ner'zhul as Warchief
    The New Horde Horde: Thrall as Warchief
    Fel Horde: Kargath Bladefist as Warchief
    True Horde: Garrosh Hellscream as Warchief

5/6 versions of the Horde had all power in the hands of the Warchief, the only exception still had the common people believing the Warchief held all power. Do you see why this trend is there now?

Also, Councils are for the Alliance, Let's keep the Horde "The Horde", shall we?
    actually it's 6/7, you forgot the dark horde that served nefarian, with rend blackhand as the warchief.

now let's look at it. from those 6 no-warchief hordes, 5 of them fell because the warchief was bad and the last one just ended because the warchief gave his position to a new bad warchief.

sure, the horde with a council wasn't any good either, but that's because the council was full of warlocks and necrolytes, not because the system is bad.

a council with every race would make sure that the next warchief would keep the horde on it's place. the horde exists so that their races can watch each other's backs. when you put a single non-saintly man (or orc) with all the power, he's bound to fall into corruption, choose his buddies and do whatever the hell he wants. that's exactly what happened to garrosh.

if there was a council with one orc, one troll, one tauren, one undead and one blood elf with power to remove the warchief from his position, he wouldn't have strayed from his path.

- - - Updated - - -

more than the orcs? yup. considering latest developments, even gnolls deserve more voice in the horde than orcs lol

Since goblins provide military equipment technology advancements since them joining and forsaken have the ability to be endless throw away troops, yes I believe they deserve a part of the council.