Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are they going to be shorter versions? Those are both like 3x longer than most frac's.

They probably will be adjusting some corridors but it doesn't take a lot longer than fractals when they tone down the amount of mobs a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pion View Post
    Even if Evon looks extremly cute on the picture my vote goes to Ms. Kiel.
    Evon looks like my old cat, it's hard not to love him. Unfortunately, lowered waypoint costs is a huge perk in favor of Kiel. I've always thought porting scaled too high, so for that reason alone I'd vote for Kiel even though I really love the Charr. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    This is honestly one of the very few sets I've seen that I would actually buy.

I guess the lower waypoint costs will be temporary also ^^

Well the living story dungeons will not be the fractals introduced. Instead we get Fall of Abaddon or Thaumanova Reactor explosion depending on who wins. Also both candidates will bring the exact same mini activities according to the release page. And like Maarius said the discounts on waypoints and keys are only temporary.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-ga.../july-23-2013/
    Last edited by Smitzelplix; 2013-07-16 at 01:17 PM.

I'm very interested in how long I could last in the Candidate Trials Challenge. I want at least 3 of those Aetherblade rapiers. Also is looks like we won't be getting old events as fractals but entirely new events that will start be worked on after the vote to be added by the end of the year.

Candidate Trials Challenge – Begins July 23
    Enter into the Candidate Trials alone or with a group in support of your chosen candidate. You’ll test your battle skills by facing off against waves of Aetherblade pirates – hold out for as long as you can to earn Support Tokens and loot! The challenge is great, but so are the rewards – you may even earn a rare chance at an Aetherized weapon!
    Last edited by carnifex2005; 2013-07-16 at 01:58 PM.

"Complete the Gnashblade Supporter and Kiel Supporter meta achievements to unlock a miniature Evon Gnashblade and Ellen Kiel of your very own!"

Herm... does that mean you can do things for both? Wouldn't that sort of screw-up any real "voting" aspect of this? I mean assuming doing things for them would be how you "voted". I guess they could have a separate thing where you more directly vote. But that feels a bit odd to me.

Fall of Abaddon... getting visions of having to help Kormir. >_>

First of all it says "by the end of the year"

So it won't be a new fractal anytime soon.

but the fall of abaddon!

If any of you pick kiel over the fall of abaddon you are STUPID.

lol
    Last edited by zito; 2013-07-16 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    "Complete the Gnashblade Supporter and Kiel Supporter meta achievements to unlock a miniature Evon Gnashblade and Ellen Kiel of your very own!"

Herm... does that mean you can do things for both? Wouldn't that sort of screw-up any real "voting" aspect of this? I mean assuming doing things for them would be how you "voted". I guess they could have a separate thing where you more directly vote. But that feels a bit odd to me.
    I suspect that you'll be able to do both sets of content like in Southsun and you can theoretically vote with your tokens for both candidates or only one candidate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by m12342 View Post
    Fall of Abaddon... getting visions of having to help Kormir. >_>

whats this other event? never heard of it

Quote Originally Posted by Pion View Post

whats this other event? never heard of it
    My guess it's finding out how the reactor blew from the asura lab in metrica province.

Deleted
    So we can blow up asuras? :3

Joke... i like Asuras.

Both fractals sound interesting so i will vote for the better RP canidate for my char. (KIEL!)

Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    I suspect that you'll be able to do both sets of content like in Southsun and you can theoretically vote with your tokens for both candidates or only one candidate.
    Oh ha, that makes a lot of sense

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    First of all it says "by the end of the year"

So it won't be a new fractal anytime soon.

but the fall of abaddon!

If any of you pick kiel over the fall of abaddon you are STUPID.

lol
    Fall of Abaddon is so 7 years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    this is why it's good! Canach? Subdirector Null? Karka Queen? vs. Abbadon! Svanir! Palawa Joko!... I know which of these stories I'd prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    this is why it's good! Canach? Subdirector Null? Karka Queen? vs. Abbadon! Svanir! Palawa Joko!... I know which of these stories I'd prefer.
    Yes, but I can play the Fall of Abaddon (and /dance with him) any time I want already

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Yes, but I can play the Fall of Abaddon (and /dance with him) any time I want already
    well who says it's the same battle and the same things we learn from it?

10+ Year Old Account
    "When the reactor blew, the world's fabric turned inside out. Some things will never be the same."

Who can forget that visibly shaken asura telling us not to trust our own minds? I'm wondering it there is a tie-in with the Uncategorized Fractal....

Raving Asura: "(manic screaming)"
    Raving Asura: "All of us! Abandoned! You aren't real. You can't be here."

That is the story I want to see!

Besides, if they do Fall of Abaddon, some GW1 lore fiends will just bitch that GW1 did it better cuz they couldn't fit an entire campaign inside a fractal. And then Kormir and Trahearne will merge and morph into some kind of super anti-hero that everyone will pile hate on.

As rhandric said...
    Valar morghulis

Until one knows the living hell that is Rurik, one can not comment on Kormir or Trahearne.

Remember The Frost Gate.