Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

And the vote goes to......the players!! [spoiler]

From information gathered in the .dat file it looks like in the upcoming patch we will get to choose what dungeon we would like to come back in Fractals by voting in the Council election.

Captain Ellen Kiel - Aetherblade Retreat (+ 50% reduction on waypoint fees)
    Evon Gnashblade - Molten Facility (+ cheaper Black Lion Keys)
    Valar morghulis

Freaken stupid.

Both dungeons should come back and I don't see why Evon has any connection to the molten Facility.

I'll vote for Kiel for the waypoint fees since they won't tell us how much cheaper black lion keys will be (that and I won't buy them ever).

10+ Year Old Account
    No doubt they'll both come back, I think this is just to decide which comes back first.

I'm kinda torn. So many players felt AR was impossible that I think they would fear to go into Fractals because of it. But I like that reduced WP cost much better than cheaper keys.
    Valar morghulis

Heh. Great idea. I'm voting Kiel. I'd love the reduced waypoint fees.

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    No doubt they'll both come back, I think this is just to decide which comes back first.

I'm kinda torn. So many players felt AR was impossible that I think they would fear to go into Fractals because of it. But I like that reduced WP cost much better than cheaper keys.
    AR isn't even hard. It's the same old same old - something new - person runs it 1 time - says its hard - never runs it again.

There are videos of people soloing the whole thing, it's just the majority don't run it to get the hang of it.

As much as I love molten facility, the black lion keys reduced cost is shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    AR isn't even hard. It's the same old same old - something new - person runs it 1 time - says its hard - never runs it again.

There are videos of people soloing the whole thing, it's just the majority don't run it to get the hang of it.

As much as I love molten facility, the black lion keys reduced cost is shit.
    Not so much the keys being shit, it's the chests they open being shit

Imo, the chests should be a MUCH rarer drop and have higher drops rates of the cool items. I think I've got over 300 of the dang things.
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Imo, the chests should be a MUCH rarer drop and have higher drops rates of the cool items. I think I've got over 300 of the dang things.
    If the chests were rarer you wouldn't get so frustrated at having so many sitting in your bank all the time giving you incentive to buy the keys

I'm with Karizee though I think both will eventually come back in the fractals. This just seems to be a way to get people actually involved in the current story. I wonder if you can vote more than once and that's it?

Personally I loved AR, the mechanics were entertaining and working out the teamwork with my group was definitely fun. I do agree with Karizee also that it might not win because there did seem to be a ton of people complaining about how hard it was :/ Though I also did enjoy Molten Facility as well... so I guess I'll be happy no matter what

I don't care either way but since I do waypoint but never buy keys it'll prolly be Ellen.

I think we all know who Fencers is voting for.

I really wonder if we will get votes split along the lines of PVE'ers who want cheaper waypoints and fractal runners who would rather have the easier Molten Facility to run.

I think most fractal runners don't care, both are quite easy tbh and I think AR was faster than MF.

Hey I tried to get to that Aetherblade Retreat dungeon but I guess it was closed. This was yesterday. Spent like an hour looking for an access point to no [obvious] end.

Would like that one to come back. The molten one was meh, iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    I think most fractal runners don't care, both are quite easy tbh and I think AR was faster than MF.
    I'm also not clear on whether they'll be redone/shortened/broke up or just popped right in as is.

I was more thinking about you and your differences with waypoint costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    I was more thinking about you and your differences with waypoint costs.
    *snickers* I caught that instantly.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Would like that one to come back. The molten one was meh, iirc.
    If that's the case you won't like AR either... I don't have to be a fortune teller to know this. Personally I'm more of a Jumping Puzzle guy (I realised) because it's stuff I can do alone and with friends - the challenge stays nearly the same. (I don't use portals).

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    If that's the case you won't like AR either... I don't have to be a fortune teller to know this. Personally I'm more of a Jumping Puzzle guy (I realised) because it's stuff I can do alone and with friends - the challenge stays nearly the same. (I don't use portals).
    I was told Aetherblade Retreat was like a honest-to-goodness dungeon. Are you suggesting that it is more of a jumping puzzle/mini game thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I was told Aetherblade Retreat was like a honest-to-goodness dungeon. Are you suggesting that it is more of a jumping puzzle/mini game thing?
    It is a real dungeon. There is no jumping puzzle or mini game to it at all except if you count the first boss where you need to dodge lasers by running in a circle and standing on crates while killing golems or the last boss where you have to dodge lots of missiles being shot at your feet.

Reading his post I don't think he was saying AR was a jumping puzzle but that he preferred that content more since it's solo play and not group play so AR wasn't his cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Reading his post I don't think he was saying AR was a jumping puzzle but that he preferred that content more since it's solo play and not group play so AR wasn't his cup of tea.
    Yea, but he said I wouldn't like it. I'm not a jumping puzzle enthusiast, but do enjoy the actual dungeons in the game. Seems like AR would be right up my alley if I hadn't missed out.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    It is a real dungeon. There is no jumping puzzle or mini game to it at all except if you count the first boss where you need to dodge lasers by running in a circle and standing on crates while killing golems or the last boss where you have to dodge lots of missiles being shot at your feet.

AR was advertised as having a "mini" jumping puzzle in it... which turned out to be the jumping on the stem vents thing to get up to the last boss.