Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Larsoney View Post
    I thought it was decent. You figure, you are resto, using tellicular currents, cast ES, get low on mana and start spamming LB. Also in 5 mans, you could put ES on the tank and just spam LB and get it up while helping with the damage.

ES is instant cast and takes hardly any mana. Just isn't needed. Also, who even heals 5 mans as Resto? I haven't healed a 5 man in Resto spec since a few weeks after MSV came out. Ele can do all the healing you need for 5 mans.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivena View Post
    Glyph Of Unbound Elemental - Changes your ascendance form so that you appear like an unbound elemental.

I cant (wheres that stupid apostrophe on that keyboard I use?) stand the current ascendance form, its way too tiny for my tauren shaman.

I'm a Dwarf, so the size part doesn't bother me, but I completely agree that the current Ascendance sucks. Should have made Ascendance look like our Primal Elementals instead, with a water version for Resto.

I cant provide a link, but few years ago I read some response from Greg Street about the shaman design. It was full of the usual meaningless yadda yadda, but in one part he spoke about his beginnings in WoW (as player) and how he joined a random BG, where an enhancement shaman with a Sulfuras reigned supreme. He didn't like it, he didn't like it a lot and saw shamans as extremely OP. Maybe there lies the answer for the sloppy and lazy design of this class.

The cosmetic glyphs looks nice, but from what I have seen here (as I do not play from middle of Cata) there is still no clear vision for each spec and the problems are still the same as they were since end of TBC. But at the other hand, it is maybe better so, as when I look on my favorite class, druid, as I see the "improvements", I only weep.
    My wife came to me and asked: "What have you done to the poor cat? She is half dead..."

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schroedinger View Post
    I cant provide a link, but few years ago I read some response from Greg Street about the shaman design. It was full of the usual meaningless yadda yadda, but in one part he spoke about his beginnings in WoW (as player) and how he joined a random BG, where an enhancement shaman with a Sulfuras reigned supreme. He didn't like it, he didn't like it a lot and saw shamans as extremely OP. Maybe there lies the answer for the sloppy and lazy design of this class.

The cosmetic glyphs looks nice, but from what I have seen here (as I do not play from middle of Cata) there is still no clear vision for each spec and the problems are still the same as they were since end of TBC. But at the other hand, it is maybe better so, as when I look on my favorite class, druid, as I see the "improvements", I only weep.
    If you believe that story and think that is the reason why shaman model is a bit defect, then you sir, are a lost cause.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Quote Originally Posted by Irisel View Post
    Why is the Earthshield+LB glyph even a thing? Sounds literally, completely useless...
    haha exactly my tought

guys... and gals!
    I think they listened, look at new NYI glyphs! most of them are what you asked for!
    Too bad no water-ish ele for resto instead of fire/earth!

Quote Originally Posted by Rarch View Post
    Also, who even heals 5 mans as Resto? I haven't healed a 5 man in Resto spec since a few weeks after MSV came out. Ele can do all the healing you need for 5 mans.
    what

you're either kidding or incredibly full of yourself

Quote Originally Posted by araknidude View Post
    what

because its true??

im an ele shaman... I DONT EVEN WAIT FOR THE TANK.. i pull a lot, drop healing rain, spam CL. and using conductivity, do 500k dps and 275k hps at the same time...... i solo the dungeon.

that is probably why they are nerfing conductivity =/

Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    because its true??

im an ele shaman... I DONT EVEN WAIT FOR THE TANK.. i pull a lot, drop healing rain, spam CL. and using conductivity, do 500k dps and 275k hps at the same time...... i solo the dungeon.

that is probably why they are nerfing conductivity =/
    shit, for real? damn. i wanna see a video of this. i wouldnt think you'd be able to put out enough heals to keep everyone up, especially if somebody fucks up and eats a bunch of unnecessary damage. but perhaps i stand corrected. ...perhaps

i'm a skeptical person, what can i say.

Really hoping *Glyph of Rain of Frogs (New) You summon a rain storm of frogs at your targeted location. Minor Glyph.* is a shaman glyph.

Edit-
    shit, for real? damn. i wanna see a video of this. i wouldnt think you'd be able to put out enough heals to keep everyone up, especially if somebody fucks up and eats a bunch of unnecessary damage. but perhaps i stand corrected. ...perhaps
    Tbh I was once as a dps in a heroic where a moonkin healed. He/she was top dps and just spammed rejuvenation on people as needed, no one ever went under 90%.

Quote Originally Posted by Schroedinger View Post
    and a ret paladin killed his parents, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    and a ret paladin killed his parents, too.

Nooo that was Tom "Kalgan" Chilton parents

GC hates shamans
    Kalgan hates paladins

Guess who was alliance and who was horde!

Deleted

Tbh it's not entirely far from the truth. I've soloed most of the heroics with hardly any issue at all due to insane self healing as hance. Granted my gear is about 535 level, so it's not really a challenge. Healing a party as elemental shouldnt be a problem at all keeping HST on cd and throwing out the occasional heal.

Depending on your tank you'll do the healing you need by just killing any boss/trash before it does any noticeable damage to the tank.

The goal with the Lightning Bolt+Earth Shield is to create another "DPS while healing" option a la Fistweaver. The point isn't the cost of recasting Earth Shield, the point is never having to cast it again because you're dpsing a lot while weaving in Healing Rain (which will be extended with the talent choice).
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

healing 5mans would be easy enough as ele, so long as the average LFG queuer were not completely brain-dead(which, unfortunately, it is). can't say i go out of my way to offheal people standing in fire though.

re: new glyphs, new searing totem might be cool? not too excited about any of the others ;/ going along with the theme of these new ones though, they should give us a glyph to turn ghost wolf into ghost raptor~
    Sig by Populaire

Quote Originally Posted by daehin View Post
    Nooo that was Tom "Kalgan" Chilton parents

GC hates shamans
    Kalgan hates paladins

Guess who was alliance and who was horde!
    I was referencing last Blizzcon
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

they need to have healing rain conduct chain lightning damage to everyone in the pool if you have conductivity specced. Conductivity currently is nice because it lets ele shamans do some AOE healing during trash. Since they will now make healing rain useless for elemental, this would be a good recovery. It seems obvious to me, you want a bunch of people standing in water when you're using lightning.

As Ele with 540 ilvl the mobs just don't live long enough to do any significant damage. Bosses are slightly harder but with AG, HST and a few heals it should be ok.
    This all makes me think that our off-healing will be insane in 5.4 ,especially in 25m.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    I am ambivalent about it. On the one hand both Enh and Ele are not too difficult to play and do great damage, but you can just tell that the class design has no vision to it. We don't have a real resource at all, not like so many other classes (Warlocks, for all their balancing issues, were obviously designed by a guy with vision [Xelnath] Before he got fired, Shadow priests and Balance Druids are more elegantly designed than Elemental).

Look for example at Shaman's Damage allocation, When one spell makes up 50% of your damage (Lava Burst [or Chain Lightning]) and your rotational cooldowns all together make up 0.5~2% of damage each, you can tell the class is just sloppily designed.

Or take Enhancement, where you have literally 20 sources of damage. Who needs 20 sources of damage? and no resource other than spell cooldowns and stacking procs?

Warriors, DKs, Hunters, ferals, Rogues, Windwalkers, and Rets, they all get some resource that they build with one class of attack (rage, runic power, focus, combo points, chi, holy power) and spend with another class of attack. Ferals, monks and rogues get another resource that builds over time and instead of relying on cooldowns for their basic attacks. Why are Enhancement the only physical DPS in the game whos only resources are stacks of Maelstrom Weapon and Searing Flames?
    I know this is from pages ago, but man, it just so accurately describes how I feel about the class as a whole. I think we're in a better place now, but it took a lot of time and expansions for that to happen, and Shaman are such an iconic class, it's somewhat surprising they aren't both more unique and more designed. I think they need close to an overhaul. They just don't seem to have any direction. I play Resto and Elemental mainly, and while I like both, other classes/specs just seem to be more interesting, especially compared to Elemental. Kinda sad. And I don't want to point fingers too much but it seriously seems like Blizzard puts most of the class design effort into Druids.

OT: In regards to the 5.4 glyphs, I think these are a good addition but I wish they added a couple more cosmetic ones. With Shaman there's a TON of room for fun with minor glyphs... so I was kinda hoping for maybe one or two more that change the appearance. What if that Rain of Frogs glyph modifies to Earthquake or Healing Rain!?

And oh yeah, I'll jump in and say I've healed *many* heroic 5mans as elemental. It's very doable and makes the run much quicker. When I run with my guildmates, in fact, if we have at least 4-5 of us in a 5man heroic group, we all go as DPS and just blow through everything. You can finish most of them, without a tank or healer and with pure dps -- and usually finish them in close to 5-6 minutes.
    Last edited by tusker; 2013-07-16 at 03:58 PM.

I don't even do 5 man stuff anymore, but I use this method for my LFRs. People can't complain much when you're #1 overall DPS and #2-3 on heals.The two weak spots here are that conductivity kind of sucks without chain lightning hitting 3+ mobs (so it's weak on single target fights) and that conductivity is being nerfed into non existence for elemental next patch.

Deleted
    what

You either don't know how to play enhance / ele or aren't geared enough to be stating an opinion on the matter.

Many of us 530+ ilvl'd geared people with heals can fully solo all MoP 5 mans.

I actually went and solo'd most of the meta achieves as no one could be arsed on my old realm.

I must have missed it, how is conductivity being nerfed for Ele?