Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/vaWuK4j.jpg

thats the reason i block ads from mmo-c. i got those often, all of it is clickable and takes you to the rift webpage. No thank you.
    This was the reason why I originally started using Adblock. I enjoyed my MMO-C front page and then one day 60% of it was advertisement. No thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

only 94k? im on 200k in 2months.
    Tip - get a girlfriend/boyfriend. ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    I don't give one single flying fuck.
    this is the best answer i have ever seen.

i wanted to post something simmilar, but thought i might get infracted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh View Post

Tip - get a girlfriend ^^

my feelings
    dragonmaw - EU

15+ Year Old Account
    You can customize ad-block plus and choose which sites to filter. Want to support youtubers? Disable it for youtube. That's what I do.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wait, i thought ads only actually generated money when someone clicked or actively interacted with them?

Deleted
    currently 94010 ads blocked. Does that upset you OP?
    I formated my computer like 3 days ago, already 11k ads blocked, that shit is everywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    Wait, i thought ads only actually generated money when someone clicked or actively interacted with them?
    there are some that pay per view i think, but its not as much as pay per click. not sure on that though.
    dragonmaw - EU

my feelings
    Haha! just playing.

In all honesty I am surprised it's so low myself I literally spend all my free time at the computer but I guess I don't visit so many sites that hammer the ads out. Twitch, MMO-C and a couple of well trusted sites keep the count relatively low i guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    right im 4mins into this video, its more like an advert for internet explorer, wtf is this.
    dragonmaw - EU

15+ Year Old Account
    Advertisement, reason i stopped watching TV
    I have whitelisted some pages, like wowhead etc
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Make your ads less intrusive and annoying and I will have no reason to block them. This is as simple as it gets for me, I don't particularly care if a company is suffering from it. As far as I'm concerned if you want my support then you should go about it in a way that I find interesting or at the very least, not try to force it on me. It's like when protesters use their right to protest and completely shut down busy streets with their parading and then go on to complain that the people they're "fighting for" don't support them enough. It could be a cause I completely believe in, still doesn't matter. If you in any way unnecessarily inhibit my ability to get from point A to point B in the manner of my choosing when I choose, you can bugger off.

The concept of trying to force someone to do/accept something will change if enough people go against it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha! just playing.

In all honesty I am surprised it's so low myself I literally spend all my free time at the computer but I guess I don't visit so many sites that hammer the ads out. Twitch, MMO-C and a couple of well trusted sites keep the count relatively low i guess.
    lol

i think a lot of mine is because i usually have a few tabs of mmo-c open, each one blocking 5-10ads and i refresh them quite often, plus youtube on and a few other sites.
    im actually surprised how many i blocked really.
    dragonmaw - EU

I didn't see any arguments that were convincing enough to even give me a second of pause to think about not using it.

I was shocked to hear that someone even made 10k a year playing games while people watch....Who are these people whose lives are so bland they watch someone else playing a game? That's another story though.

I use 3 different ad blocking software suites, 2 windows one on my linux box. I've had a DVR since the 3rd day they were available. I record every single thing before I watch it, while doing yardwork, working out, fishing etc. I can't recall seeing an ad online or on tv in over 3 years. I guess I lied, 13 saturdays a year I see them during college football season.

I don't feel a bit bad about it and never will.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

Blocked 202k ads in the past 6 months and I really don't give a damn, I'd happily pay to sponsor the smaller companies and website for their content I enjoy, but for larger companies like YouTube that force ads down your throat can get lost.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

You are correct, click-throughs are where the money is (1-2 cents each on a good day), and probably close to 100% of people using adblock were never going to click one anyways, I see no problem.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.

Deleted
    I think it varies. Ads on Youtube and Twitch are per view as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post
    I didn't see any arguments that were convincing enough to even give me a second of pause to think about not using it.

I was shocked to hear that someone even made 10k a year playing games while people watch....Who are these people whose lives are so bland they watch someone else playing a game? That's another story though.

I use 3 different ad blocking software suites, 2 windows one on my linux box. I've had a DVR since the 3rd day they were available. I record every single thing before I watch it, while doing yardwork, working out, fishing etc. I can't recall seeing an ad online or on tv in over 3 years. I guess I lied, 13 saturdays a year I see them during college football season.

I don't feel a bit bad about it and never will.
    Some streamers are just genuinely entertaining and engage with their audience also. I mentioned manvsgame in a previous post the guys awesome just a pure video game enthusiast that loves everything and enjoys sharing it with others I can't rate the guy highly enough.

But with that said the fact that someone like towlie cant support his family because he is not earning $50k a year via advertisements? yea my heart bleeds..

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    You aren't getting viruses from there being ads on a website, the hell are you talking about?
    The internet in the last 10 years say hi! You can and do, a quick google search can show you the truth, just don't let the ads load!

10+ Year Old Account
    The day when advertising on websites becomes unobtrusive is the day I disable adblock, in other words, when hell freezes over. I they didn't bother me then I wouldn't use it in the first place.

Pay for my internet and I'll think about it.

91255 blocked and many more to come, actually... what does that tell you?
    Last edited by Blockygame; 2013-07-11 at 01:03 AM.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

If a streamer relies on ads, they need to evolve or go out of business.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some streamers are just genuinely entertaining and engage with their audience also. I mentioned manvsgame in a previous post the guys awesome just a pure video game enthusiast that loves everything and enjoys sharing it with others I can't rate the guy highly enough.

But with that said the fact that someone like towlie cant support his family because he is not earning $50k a year via advertisements? yea my heart bleeds..
    towlie? hes a streamer right? then he likely isnt making any money off ads, more likely all his subs and donations.
    dragonmaw - EU