Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

If someone paid you to quit wow, would you?

Lets say someone offers $25,000 or higher for you to permanently quit WoW. You would not be able to say goodbye to your guild, friends etc. Just get the check and your account will be terminated. I would most certainly no questions asked. Would you?

$25,000? sure I'll quit for that.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I'd quit for a whole lot less than $25,000... I can't imagine even the most addicted turning that down.

10+ Year Old Account
    $25,000.. yah. $100? uhm.. doubt it. since i couldnt spend that same 100 dollars and get something as fun as wow is. WoW gives me something to do that i enjoy for very little money.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

For that money, why the hell not. I keep up with friends from WoW on facebook anyway so I could say goodbye anyway haha.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Am I the only one who wouldn't?

25k? Absolutely.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

as i have the emails of anyone id miss, yes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I'd quit for a whole lot less than $25,000... I can't imagine even the most addicted turning that down.
    100% same here. It wouldn't even take $25,000... It's taken 2 months to find a tank replacement for me, and
    I'm leaving on my own accord but damn, if someone had paid me too *whew* I would've been gone months ago.
    And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

I would quit for $5000

Anybody that wouldn't really needs to take a long hard look at their life. Sure there are people that play the game that 25,000 dollars is very little to and wouldn't change their life much if at all. They are extremely rare though. For the most part that would be a life changer for your average WoW player and if they passed on it they would be seriously screwing up. Now if I could no longer contact anybody I have met through the game at all then no, but the people I would like to continue talking to or doing things with I can get in touch with multiple ways without WoW.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Sure, free 25k. My WoW friends are either RL friends or people I know through other Internet venues anyways.

I'm unsubbed but Ill never sub again for 200$.

And a yo yo.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogmanlolz View Post
    Lets say someone offers $25,000 or higher for you to permanently quit WoW. You would not be able to say goodbye to your guild, friends etc. Just get the check and your account will be terminated. I would most certainly no questions asked. Would you?
    $25k is like a year's salary for many people... it's a no-brainer yes.

Lower the number down to $500-1k and now we're talking. I'd probably do it for $1000, but 500 clams would make me think long and hard. As much as I crap on the game sometimes, it has brought me immense, immense satisfaction at times.

Been offered upwards of 12k for my account already. Didn't abandon it yet.

No one deserves the Anaxie

Couple years from now is another story. Things change
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-07-11 at 05:21 AM.

Er... hmm. Maybe if it was $250k.

Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    $25k is like a year's salary for many people... it's a no-brainer yes.
    Really? Shit, how can anyone make ends meet on $25k a year?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I'd quit without a second thought

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Er... hmm. Maybe if it was $250k.

Really? Shit, how can anyone make ends meet on $25k a year?
    Well... it'd be an extremely meager year's salary -- but you'd be surprised.

Maybe $2500 - $5000 instead of $25k

I would. I can contact my in-game friends through other means.