Page 12 of 71 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    You don't have to be passed out. I've been drunk to the point I've been unable to make myself understood yet been awake, unable to actually react properly but still awake. Should someone be free to just have intercourse with me in such a state, because I'm not passed out?
    If you go along with it, then yes. If you regret it later, then stop getting drunk. The fault there would go entirely to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Velaniz View Post
    This just isn't true. The right sort of stimulation is all it takes.
    No. That is true for a vast majority of men. Maybe your are always harder than a Spartans Abs, but if you are drunk enough to not know what you are doing or are passed out, your penis is not going to be, or be able to be, engorged.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelayah View Post
    The problem with the latter is that your reputation can still be destroyed for that.

What nonsense... Of course rape conviction numbers are low.

And that results in rape accusations not being taken seriously, even when true. The boy who cried wolf and all.
    I never said that wasn't a problem either, the issue around men is still bigger, and the one at focus. And I have stated earlier in the thread, the first counter poster is a load of generalizing BS, the second one I agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    drunkeness has nothing to do with this, only if the involved consented or showed no sign of refusal... the next morning shit´s over, nothing can be done if it wasn´t rape

regret it? well to bad, remember it the next time you´re wasted and take a guy home or alike
    That's what I was getting at.

Deleted
    tiili you have met some awefull guys, really

i´ve never met one that would think some of the things you mentioned
    What are "some of the things"? Specify them. I'm not speaking from my own experience solely but from what friends have experienced aswell. My experiences with one night stands have generally just been neutral or good, a few bad because of them behaving like assholes the morning after or not being good enough.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FathomFear View Post
    If someone is drunk, it does not matter what comes out of his or her mouth. You can't give legal consent while drunk. This is an important concept, as it extends to other things other than just sex. For example, if you got drunk and agreed to sell me your car for $100, it would not be legally binding. You'd be able to get your car back from me regardless of whether I wanted to give it back.

As I said in another post, this doesn't stop many people from hooking up while drunk. But doing so is a risk due to the fact that no legal consent was given.
    so after getting shitfaced at the bar, i can sue them because everything after a certain amount of alcohol i ordered wasn´t of legal consent? nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    They're actually not. When cases actually reach the prosecutor's desk they're like 50/50.
    Yeah, the article name is highly misleading. Basically they take a number they pull out of their ass based on some research and stick it next to a number of convicted rapists just to make it look scary.
    And the stories - this guy made sexual assault (what is that anyway? touching them? kissing them? it's just too broad term) against me and they tell me to drop it because I don't have evidence - I mean, come on.

15+ Year Old Account
    What are "some of the things"? Specify them. I'm not speaking from my own experience solely but from what friends have experienced aswell.
    going home together => sex
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Didn't you see what Laize wrote earlier then?

10+ Year Old Account
    If nothing else, the counter ads outright stole the graphic design, even the fonts from the original..
    I'd consider that as much as a winning lottery ticket and hammer them with a hell of a copyright infringement lawsuit.
    After that, they'd be happy to still be able to send emails to each other, but I'd certainly drain their funds dry..
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greed001 View Post
    I'm sorry, but they are very much both of the things I listed. Not to #LOLPROPAGATERAPECULTURE, but they're true.

I'm sorry.

Your post overall made no sense but I am going to assume that you mean that false rape claims are common (what the "don't be that girl" campaign is against) which is false.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    No. That is true for a vast majority of men. Maybe your are always harder than a Spartans Abs, but if you are drunk enough to not know what you are doing or are passed out, your penis is not going to be, or be able to be, engorged.
    Perhaps. I don't seem to be the kind that really ever reaches the stage of "not knowing what's going on, yet aren't unconscious" that so many people are describing in this thread, so I always am aware to some degree of the situation, especially if it involves sexual chemicals racing through my entire system.

I see the feminists are here to defend their "team".

15+ Year Old Account
    Didn't you see what Laize wrote earlier then?
    nope, this thread is moving a bit fast *g*

Deleted
    nope, this thread is moving a bit fast *g*
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    I'm just not sure what you're expecting him to think when you get home with him and then get in bed. What else would he think?
    That is what he wrote, which pretty much portrays what I said some believe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    Your post overall made no sense but I am going to assume that you mean that false rape claims are common (what the "don't be that girl" campaign is against) which is false.
    They're as common as real acusations where I live.
    But even if it was only 20%, it would still be a real problem. What are you getting at ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Going home together and one of the parties says no does not equal consent.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Kanalje View Post
    They're as common as real acusations where I live.
    But even if it was only 20%, it would still be a real problem. What are you getting at ?
    It's a problem either way, and neither one should diminish the magnitude of the other, but you can't use them as counterarguments for eachother either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FathomFear View Post
    If someone is drunk, it does not matter what comes out of his or her mouth. You can't give legal consent while drunk. This is an important concept, as it extends to other things other than just sex. For example, if you got drunk and agreed to sell me your car for $100, it would not be legally binding. You'd be able to get your car back from me regardless of whether I wanted to give it back.

As I said in another post, this doesn't stop many people from hooking up while drunk. But doing so is a risk due to the fact that no legal consent was given.
    since when cant you give consent when you are drunk? what is drunk anyway? I can spend all night drinking and still know what im doing and what's going on around me. Problem with drink is that it affects people differently. one person's tipsy chuckly funny guy is another person's abusive arm breaking wife beater.

Quote Originally Posted by chaotus View Post
    While funny and unnecessarily sarcastic it does present a valid message as well. Just because rape is horrible and mentally depraved and brings up bile in the majority of humanity (men and women), does not mean we should swing so fucking far to the other side and just wholesale believe and act on any situation the second someone claims rape. I say claim not to diminish what has happened but to remember that by current logic people are innocent until proven guilty in most parts of the world. We can't just assume guilt. Nor can we assume innocence. A women claiming rape has as much responsibility to prove her case as someone proving burglary and assault. While emotionally the rape is more tragic that should not condone the concept we have arrived at where rape can be claimed and justice meted through political and private means before even a court case is heard.

As it stands now public opinion is so far to one side that when a female claims a male raped her we automatically assume he must prove he is innocent. That is simply not the case, they must prove he is guilty of that crime.
    This. I would agree that it's likely that very few rape charges are false, but then again how do we even know which ones are false if the moment a woman shouts "RAPE" the man in question is immediately thought of like the devil and must prove his own innocence, while the woman can make up false stories, cry her eyes out, and get away with it? I've seen some VERY convincing acting from people in court cases, and they win, but you can tell they're lying by the look in their eyes and the undertone in their voice.