Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Challenge Mode Temporary Titles

Didn't see them on the front page (or anywhere else for that matter), thought I'd list them for those interested.
    Most of these are guess-work, if anyone finds any mistakes just point them out and I'll edit them.

Code:
    Gate of the Setting Sun			<Name>, Defender of the Wall
    Mogu'shan Palace			Mogu-Slayer <Name>
    Shado-Pan Monastery			Purified Defender <Name>
    Siege of Niuzao Temple			Siegebreaker <Name>
    Stormstout Brewery			Stormbrewer <Name>
    Temple of the Jade Serpent		Jade Protector <Name>
    Scholomance				Darkmaster <Name>
    Scarlet Halls				Flameweaver <Name>
    Scarlet Monastery			Scarlet Commander <Name>

Those titles are temporary, meaning you only get to keep them as long as you have the realm-best time for the according Challenge Mode Dungeon.

Although I mostly likely won't ever obtain one of those I still like the idea.

Deleted
    If only you got to keep them, i would try so hard for Darkmaster

They would bring in a LOT of players for Challenge Modes if they made the titles permanent.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cant wait for threads like "player XYZ *cheated* in challenge dungeon XYZ so its NOO chance for rest of us to get this/those cool titles"
    You know there will be some
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Award titles to anyone who gets gold on the challenge mode and participation rates will skyrocket. I'd quit being lazy and complacent with my silvers on all of them and shoot for some titles.
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

Meh... Gate of the Setting Sun sounds so lame. It should have been "Gatekeeper ______" Would be much cooler in my opinion.

While I see the merit in constantly fighting for the realm best time, I really wish the titles were permanent rewards for all gold times/runs. At any rate, I will enjoy seeing who steps up to the plate on my realm to compete for these titles.

Do we know how this will play out for groups that form cross-realm?

We had some RB's back in December, but since then, a few people on my realm seem to have "obtained" carry groups, and now have the RB time on a few CMs, even though only 1 or 2 players in the group were from the server.

One group could potentially snipe titles from 5 servers simultaneously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that these are temporary makes them infinitely less appealing to me. I think it would be a much better implementation if they made the titles a reward for having a time below a certain very difficult threshold. That way the title would still symbolize your expertise in the particular challenge mode dungeon and you would actually feel rewarded.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Do we know how this will play out for groups that form cross-realm?
    PTR Patch Notes state that you need to be atleast 3 people from one realm to be eligible.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuna View Post
    Award titles to anyone who gets gold on the challenge mode and participation rates will skyrocket. I'd quit being lazy and complacent with my silvers on all of them and shoot for some titles.
    Yeah I wish they gave out rewards for gold medals in challenge modes.

OH WAIT they do already.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by ccKep View Post
    PTR Patch Notes state that you need to be atleast 3 people from one realm to be eligible.
    Ah, thanks.

So then, lets say you get 3 from realm A, 1 from B, and 1 from C. Do only the 3 from A get the title?
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Ah, thanks.

So then, lets say you get 3 from realm A, 1 from B, and 1 from C. Do only the 3 from A get the title?
    Seems like it. Its having the best on your realm, meaning the B and C shouldn't get it.

Deleted
    Are you sure they are temporary ? My understanding when I first heard of this was that the titles were linked to a FoS you obtain once you get a realm best time, thus allowing you to keep it even if another group achieves a better time afterwards.

10+ Year Old Account
    These are essentially like the old realm first- except that it changes depending on who can outcompete the other.

The big thing is that these CAN be permanent- there is a mathematical cap to the amount of time a challenge mode can be completed in, as classes are unable to out-beat this amount. Thus, if one can obtain this time first before others, barring class changes, they have that title for all time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sethesh View Post
    Are you sure they are temporary ? My understanding when I first heard of this was that the titles were linked to a FoS you obtain once you get a realm best time, thus allowing you to keep it even if another group achieves a better time afterwards.
    You keep the FoS but not the titles, according to blizz, should you loose the top time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    The fact that these are temporary makes them infinitely less appealing to me. I think it would be a much better implementation if they made the titles a reward for having a time below a certain very difficult threshold. That way the title would still symbolize your expertise in the particular challenge mode dungeon and you would actually feel rewarded.
    Honestly, I'm on the complete other side of the fence on this. As long as the title stays temporary, the dungeon stays appealing. I can't wait for the competition between my group and a couple others on my realm. I'll be pissed if I log in one day to see those other jerkfaces with MY title...

I'm pissed. The title for Scarlet Halls isn't "Hall Monitor _______".

Deleted
    Going to be nice having all 9 titles. I kinda hope you are allowed to use them on your alts otherwise it would be a massive waste with 5 people having all 9 titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Boblet View Post
    What happens if somebody transfers off their realm with the top time?
    They will likely lose it. What I am curious about is how this will work with virtual realms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    They will likely lose it. What I am curious about is how this will work with virtual realms.
    I think people overestimate Virtual Realms. As far as I understand it it's basically an expanded X-Realm (meaning Pandaria zones are included) and added zone/trade chat, auction house, mail, trade, grouping(eg. current content raids) capability. They won't replace actual realms (regarding realm firsts: Those likely count on the realm the guild is based on)

- Your characters are still on your usual realm, so there's still that 11 char / realm limit. Although you can create another 11 on any linked realm and mail / trade as usual.
    - If you're realm best on your realm, you'll likely have the title. Nothing to do with virtual realms I suppose.