Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Yeah I wish they gave out rewards for gold medals in challenge modes.

OH WAIT they do already.
    Only if you've got all Golds - the point I believe he was making was that if you got a title for one Gold, people may try really hard for that one gold, get it and then proceed to realize that they both enjoy challenge modes and want to go for all golds to get the armor set - boom, hesitant people participate and challenge modes become even more of a success.

That said, I feel like the titles will probably be permanent because someone who desperately wants one of them (Darkmaster and Flameweaver I see being the most popular) will try to find some extremely cheap way to get an outrageously low time via some method that's not exactly practical to organize or some such now to just get gold (but not the goldest gold, :P) for the armor set and thus will be unbeatable unless someone repeats the tactic and shaves .01 or something off the time.

EDIT FOR CLARITY BEFORE SOMEONE GETS ALL EJROAKLJSDJ ON ME

I'm not saying Blizzard will make the titles permanent, I'm saying some of them will be effectively permanent because of the above-described cheesing someone will pull to keep the title they want the most, assuming said-cheesing can be done.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Olrox View Post
    Only if you've got all Golds - the point I believe he was making was that if you got a title for one Gold, people may try really hard for that one gold, get it and then proceed to realize that they both enjoy challenge modes and want to go for all golds to get the armor set - boom, hesitant people participate and challenge modes become even more of a success.

That said, I feel like the titles will probably be permanent because someone who desperately wants one of them (Darkmaster and Flameweaver I see being the most popular) will try to find some extremely cheap way to get an outrageously low time via some method that's not exactly practical to organize or some such now to just get gold (but not the goldest gold, :P) for the armor set and thus will be unbeatable unless someone repeats the tactic and shaves .01 or something off the time.

EDIT FOR CLARITY BEFORE SOMEONE GETS ALL EJROAKLJSDJ ON ME

I'm not saying Blizzard will make the titles permanent, I'm saying some of them will be effectively permanent because of the above-described cheesing someone will pull to keep the title they want the most, assuming said-cheesing can be done.
    You make it sound as if any old joe who knows how to 'cheese' the CM will get the top realm time. Forgive me if I'm wrong for jumping to a false conclusion.

Just because you can 'cheese' the dungeon which in reality the only true cheesed CM is shadopan, doesn't mean you're going to get a good time. Sure, any old joe can cheese it, but can they also survive ginormous pulls?
    Scarlet halls for example, (most) half decent realms will have a run where they pull 23 mobs + the new Herod fella. You can cheese the archery target run with drums and potions and rocket boots, but you will get stomped if you try to copy the huge pull without proper class setup/co-ordination.
    Siege would be the hardest one to 'cheese' because its not exactly cheesing it, and it requires a strict class composition.

Unless you're on a realm with low times (Wyrmrest Accord, Silvermoon etc..) then simply cheesing it won't cut it, you will still need to play exceptionally to get your competitive time.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    Siege would be the hardest one to 'cheese' because its not exactly cheesing it, and it requires a strict class composition.
    Siege is the only one who can be done with any combination of classes you may wish to use, it has the lowest skill check and dps check. All you need to do to get that one is kite some adds and get the debuff to 50 stacks.

Yeah, temporary is meh. I play on a super high pop so that's a lot of work to defend it, just for a title

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    Siege is the only one who can be done with any combination of classes you may wish to use, it has the lowest skill check and dps check. All you need to do to get that one is kite some adds and get the debuff to 50 stacks.
    Disc priest is required if you want to get the top times. Stacking the amber as high as you can before resetting and single targeting them. Not saying you need to do that, but to 'cheese' it, maximising amber would fall under the heading.
    We didn't chain the amber and are 37sec behind US#1 with our healer dc'd from first->second boss and way over the mob count.
    Was simply saying that to fully cheese it you NEED a dpriest.

Edit: Monk tank too for supreme comp. 0 damage, high threat 0 cd slows + transcendence from the bottom adds up to the top is 2stronk
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that the titles are temporary completely turns me off to even trying to get one. I'll just be just fine with the transmog gear.

Deleted
    Disc priest is required if you want to get the top times. Stacking the amber as high as you can before resetting and single targeting them. Not saying you need to do that, but to 'cheese' it, maximising amber would fall under the heading.
    We didn't chain the amber and are 37sec behind US#1 with our healer dc'd from first->second boss and way over the mob count.
    Was simply saying that to fully cheese it you NEED a dpriest.
    No you dont need a disc priest, infact you cant do siege in proper rank 1 gear, gear itemized for raiding is superior for siege.

Try do third boss on a dps geared prot warr with pvp geared rdruid.

onlythedeadknowspeace.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    No you dont need a disc priest, infact you cant do siege in proper rank 1 gear, gear itemized for raiding is superior for siege.
    Which other class can spirit shell and pws the whole group allowing you to stack amber higher before resetting the CM? Nothing else comes close to that mitigation.
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    You dont need spirit shell to stack the debuff... at 50 stacks it will do arround 70% of your hp in damage.

Deleted
    Can't get excited by this.

Challenge modes only required actual 'skill' to a point.

The highest time will be the team who has the most stacked comp/the most patience to retry risky as fuck(but high dps) strategies such as no healer, offheals, dk tank , army of the dead spam strategies. Seems a shame for some pretty nice titles to go to waste.

I'd love Jade Protector for my Mistweaver, shame my whole group is cross-realm.

10+ Year Old Account
    You dont need spirit shell to stack the debuff... at 50 stacks it will do arround 70% of your hp in damage.
    But can other healers DPS while their entire group is sitting on capped absorbs?
    Can other healers DPS anywhere near as consistently while maintaining hps?
    For the best times in the world you need a dpriest. If a group using any other healer gets world or even US/EU best I will eat my jeans.
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    Try do third boss on a dps geared prot warr with pvp geared rdruid.

onlythedeadknowspeace.jpg
    First off pvp gear makes no difference as long as it has the right stats. Secondly when going for rank 1 siege everyone in the group will have a 500% damage increase so players who are only able to do 80k dps (which is considered very low) will still be able to compete for this one. The warrior tank would not even have to touch anything as it would die before it reached him.

Siege rank 1 is up for grabs for anyone who manages to do the entire dungeon with the buff, doesnt matter if you have a warrior, paladin, druid, dk or monk tank and the exact same applies to the healer. The only thing you do need is someone who can aoe slow and preferably a dps.

- - - Updated - - -

But can other healers DPS while their entire group is sitting on capped absorbs?
    For the best times in the world you need a dpriest. If a group using any other healer gets world or even US/EU best I will eat my jeans.
    None of this applies to siege as no one so far has managed to do the entire instance with the 500% buff. Yes if you want a perfect time you need a disc priest but if you just want the fastest time in the world you dont need one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    Gate of setting sun - 4x ele + 1blood dk. Hf with eat your jeans soon.
    Pretty sure we're talking about siege, not to mention that US/EU/Asia don't have a top gate run with that comp.

Quoting a double-post is a nightmare on a phone, you raise an extremely valid point pacer.
    Last edited by Raxxed; 2013-07-30 at 12:55 AM.
    Raxxykins

I seem to recall really early guides using Ele Shamans as healers haha.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    The fact that the titles are temporary completely turns me off to even trying to get one. I'll just be just fine with the transmog gear.
    It's not temporary if nobody can ever beat your time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I like the idea, sadly some classes are vastly superior to their counterparts in regards of challenge modes (ele shaman, blood dk, so many others).

Oh well, not really into the effort it for a temporary title.

You make it sound as if any old joe who knows how to 'cheese' the CM will get the top realm time. Forgive me if I'm wrong for jumping to a false conclusion.

Just because you can 'cheese' the dungeon which in reality the only true cheesed CM is shadopan, doesn't mean you're going to get a good time. Sure, any old joe can cheese it, but can they also survive ginormous pulls?
    Scarlet halls for example, (most) half decent realms will have a run where they pull 23 mobs + the new Herod fella. You can cheese the archery target run with drums and potions and rocket boots, but you will get stomped if you try to copy the huge pull without proper class setup/co-ordination.

Unless you're on a realm with low times (Wyrmrest Accord, Silvermoon etc..) then simply cheesing it won't cut it, you will still need to play exceptionally to get your competitive time.
    You miss my point entirely - I can't say if I'm surprised or not.

If someone can cheese it at all - they're still getting the time not in the good spirit of competition and outplaying everyone else - effectively being the "best" and thus warranting holding the title.

Therefore, those who cheese it at all are still doing something wrong - I don't care if you think it takes some measure of "greater skill" to survive the cheesing - the fact is that everyone getting golds is around the same skill level and there's inevitably going to be a small battle amongst so many groups to come to the most cutthroat and unsportsmanlike method possible to get the .01-.03 seconds they need to get the absolute best possible time.

You make this assumption that everyone getting golds isn't roughly the same skill level - I play on a huge server and most of the top times are very, very close together; this leads me to believe that it's inevitable that the best time is going to be obtained via seeking out some ridiculous method to ensure an unbeatable time because WoW's playerbase is incredibly resourceful for the worst reasons most of the time (my thoughts immediately fly back to the reason the trash mob kill count was added - because the playerbase cheesed the entire concept in beta by blowing through the instance and using a mass resurrection to skip the entire place)

So yeah - you jump to a false conclusion by assuming that "playing exceptionally" and "cheesing" are somehow mutually exclusive when they're not - the top time will be obtained via both in any instance where someone can possibly come up with a lame tactic.

Edit - I'm also not saying I know with 100% certainty that there exists a very lame, semi-exploit/unintended method to do every one of these places - I just feel like given how the playerbase tends to cheat wherever it can (dating back to the old "Fall through the floor" move at Prophet Skeram to the false world first kill of Yogg 0) and I am somewhat certain there are methods people've yet to popularize solely to get a secure, nigh-unbeatable time for the titles and thus boot the competition out.

I also didn't say this is absolute; I just said I feel like if it's possible, it's going to happen and Blizzard probably won't make a big move to get rid of it unless it's so outrageously blatant that there's no grey area to see (e.g. the aforementioned mass res technique used in beta)
    Last edited by Olrox; 2013-07-30 at 01:03 AM.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

None of this applies to siege as no one so far has managed to do the entire instance with the 500% buff. Yes if you want a perfect time you need a disc priest but if you just want the fastest time in the world you dont need one.
    as we are talking about minmaxxing time for a CM, would not the perfect time also be the fastest?