Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Enhancement OP? Is it possible?

Just looking over some logs I realized how damn OP enh has become. Not complaining about it, you guys have got the raw end of the stick many times.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/e...=12197&e=12584

But the amount of heals you guys are putting out is crazy! Am I missing some sort of bug / boss ability interaction here? Doing second top single target dps in a competitive 25 man guild and pulling 100k hps is slightly over the top maybe? Anyway hopefully they don't insta nerf you too much and Enh can be a valued raiding class for once.
    Last edited by Dangerfield; 2013-07-14 at 09:00 PM.

correct me if im wrong, but enhance has been valued this whole expansion so far...i think it just took awhile to catch on because there were only about 5 total enhancement shaman in the world at the start of MOP. (exaggerating obviously)

It isn't a bug or boss ability. We sacrifice some dps, not much, to put out some decent healing. It is done with a glyph and combination of abilities to do what we do. I'm quite surprised nothing has been nerfed about it, but we do make some sacrifices for it.

Taking to account their burst dps with all cds (self and raid) is over a million, yes they're quite strong indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamiel View Post
    Simple question what healer gives you personally the biggest headache in pvp?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobajobjob View Post
    I play a ret paladin, so my answer is this:

Yes.

enhancement has been decent single target dps most of this expac, they fell off a little in tot but have made a good comeback midtier. their burst healing has always been good when using AG and using the right glyphs and talent combination will make putting down HR constantly a small impact to dps. Honestly Raden isn't a good example for the state of wow since its a giant stack up fight. For example your resto shaman is #2 in heals when they are in last place right now until 5.4 kicks in. Fights that require everyone to attack adds like Horidon or Tortos or Lei Shen is where you will see them dip since thier AE component is practicly worthless unless the adds are up a long time. They make up for this with high single target damage

Quote Originally Posted by Hawtin View Post
    correct me if im wrong, but enhance has been valued this whole expansion so far...i think it just took awhile to catch on because there were only about 5 total enhancement shaman in the world at the start of MOP. (exaggerating obviously)
    Haha, Yes your quite probably right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    enhancement has been decent single target dps most of this expac, they fell off a little in tot but have made a good comeback midtier. their burst healing has always been good when using AG and using the right glyphs and talent combination will make putting down HR constantly a small impact to dps. Honestly Raden isn't a good example for the state of wow since its a giant stack up fight. For example your resto shaman is #2 in heals when they are in last place right now until 5.4 kicks in. Fights that require everyone to attack adds like Horidon or Tortos or Lei Shen is where you will see them dip since thier AE component is practicly worthless unless the adds are up a long time. They make up for this with high single target damage
    Considering the fact that maybe 30% of fights are centered some what heavily around stacking the ability to pump heals that are only 20%-40% ish less than a fully geared healer is still incredibly strong. Especially when they are fighting for number 1 single target dps spot! A small trade of for being sub par in Aoe fights imo. I guess we will have to see how SoO bosses turn out, I haven't been following the ptr too closely.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerfield View Post
    Considering the fact that maybe 30% of fights are centered some what heavily around stacking the ability to pump heals that are only 20%-40% ish less than a fully geared healer is still incredibly strong. Especially when they are fighting for number 1 single target dps spot! A small trade of for being sub par in Aoe fights imo. I guess we will have to see how SoO bosses turn out, I haven't been following the ptr too closely.
    Wait... what? What fights are you referring to, as being centered around stacking? Jin'rokh is only a brief stack, which requires popping healer CDs. Magaera is also only stacking for a minority of the time, during the fight. If you think Durumu is a stack fight, then you have to recognize that the maze is a moving stack fight, which nerfs many healers' normal big heal CDs. Primordius is only damage-intensive at the end of the fight, so it's a moot point, imo. Those 4 fights, out of 13 are the only ones I can think of with anything remotely close to stack mechanics, and that's only for brief periods of time. So, I'm calling shenanigans on your "fact" of 30%.

What I will agree on, is that yes, it is strong, indeed. But, you have to consider that Blizz has devised mechanics that make it almost necessary. I remember them talking about how they didn't like raids having to drop a dps for a healer, simply due to a momentary mechanic. By giving enhancement and shadow priests some strong off-healing capability, raids don't have to shift their dps/heals to compensate for short-term mechanics.

As for being sub-par in AoE fights, we're really not that bad, damage-potential-wise. It's simply due to goofy-ass mechanics that prevent us from achieving our AoE potential. The 4-pc tier 16 bonus is supposed to give us some strong love on that score, though.

Remember, every other melee class has some sort of raid-wide damage reduction cooldown they can provide, which enhancement lacks, and this is just our version of raid utility. Plus, Enhancement is a fairly difficult spec to maximize damage output with so I think Blizzard gives us a bit of a pass in this regard.

ra-den is such a pointless fight to really show off enha, yes it does shine but actually it's quite pointless because the strength of the setup in killing the boss is nothing to do with melee it he's basically on the boss non stop which makes him VERY replaceable even with being 3rd on dps and pulling 100k hps. see the 4 spriests near the bottom of the meters, killing essence of anima? yes ok they wouldn't be replaced but the enha would, i'd never rate a class on it's ability to patchwerk which is what the shaman is doing here you want the specs who are getting you the kill, like lei shen it's the ranged outside with balls, thunderstruck, dks with grip, the solo soakers etc. but i won't say enha isn't strong it's very very insane burst and competitive damage it's just rarely a MUST HAVE spec for a setup.

Deleted
    As others stated, Healing is just kind of utility. It will be no problem as long people don't stack enhancers only for offhealing.

But it can get quite absurd in 25m. Remember that HR will ehal up to 14 targets in 5.4 - and bigger range. And additionally, healing tide will be ready.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As said above, we dont have any real raid wide defensive cooldowns.

This is what we have. Used well, we have good off healing. Timing AG with cooldowns or periods where we can maximise DPS.

I find myself doing lots of healing in fights like Ji-Kun, Qon or Magera but our Healing Rain is really only useful in stacked situations.

...yes our off healing is good, almost OP. However, if were comparing it to other raid wide defensive cooldowns its probably pretty close to what others have in terms of effectiveness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, Enhance is really valued this expac, and I love it. Our off healing is pretty good. I managed to keep a tank, 2 dps and myself alive through 10% to 2% of Heroic Jikun. We sacrifice a bit of DPS to put some healing out.
    Currently Procrastinating

Enhance is very good, there just aren't a lot of them...and on top of that there aren't a lot of good ones.

Enh isnt shit this expansion and people start saying it's overpowered.

We're good when played well by good players. Always the minority because the lazy / bad people always roll elemental by the end.
    Raining Pandarens because of the bouncy racial?
    Quote Originally Posted by rokatoro View Post
    Some Might say it was... (•_•).....( •_•)>⌐■-■....(⌐■_■) A heavy Rain.
    I'm so sorry ;_;

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-zh...2097#Chillbros

In that log, Horridon last phase so 200% damage increase, Purge actually bursts 2.6mil for a while It's a nice round number.

Yes, it is OP, it is pretty obvious that it is -many guilds run heroic modes with one single pure healer and an enhancement shaman in 10 mans because of this. It is not only the healing, they sacrifice very little damage in exchange for it. The utility of shamans, also elemental, is beyond absurd -step into a challenge mode without one and you will realize it very quick.

It is a great class to play and I am happy they are doing well, but they have turned relatively minor issues in other specs and classes into glaring flaws by sheer comparison.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapsgiving View Post
    Yes, it is OP, it is pretty obvious that it is -many guilds run heroic modes with one single pure healer and an enhancement shaman in 10 mans because of this. It is not only the healing, they sacrifice very little damage in exchange for it. The utility of shamans, also elemental, is beyond absurd -step into a challenge mode without one and you will realize it very quick.

It is a great class to play and I am happy they are doing well, but they have turned relatively minor issues in other specs and classes into glaring flaws by sheer comparison.
    Wtf? Enhance is still very unpopular in 10m and yet one of the least played specc. Especially since HR doesn't work everywhere.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    hey thats my log. tbh i did spend a lot of my gcd/resource healing on that night during lust as the healing was weaker than normal
    you also forgot I wasn't doing the debuff rotation (although you were someone who wasn't in the raid if i was right)
    Raden is also a very special case i wouldn't call enh OP based on 1 boss.
    Although I wont deny that enh is at a good place this tier, except on fights where you need to stack immune/aoe which is far more common than raden type fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Slapsgiving View Post

Where exactly are you getting this misinformation from? Name just 50 of these "many" guilds that run 10 mans with 1 healer and 1 enhancement shaman. If you even can, it'll be guild that vastly out gear the content, in which case it isn't enhancement that's OP; it's the raid's gear level.

Also, I've been told that people want ele; not enh for CMs.

Elemental can do this as well (tho probably at a higher loss in dps). Nothing special but I can easily do 35-40k hps on magera normal only helping heal on rampages. (just 3 AGs, dropping healing stream and healing rain only on rampages)

This is in 10M as well so if it was 25s I would assume my HPS would be even higher.

We are by no means unique though. Shadow priests can can do a bunch of healing as well in stacking fights with divine star.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Jacob6875 <=== Check out my Youtube Channel !!