Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Yeah This thread wasn't about Lock portals in that regard. Lock portals were just the reason I was sat. I know my Damage isnt great, I should be able to pump out alot more. Im sure im doing something wrong. I have looked into it,and tried finding out whats the matter, in that time I have brought my damage up a ton. My ilvl is about 5-10 ilvl below our top dps, (rogue, Mage, Boomkin) I sit 4th on most fights. Also I wouldn't say we are on the bleeding egde of progression, 2 night a week raids and are 3/12 in 5.3.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%C3%BCl/simple

I reforged into crit at the end of the night to see if it would effect anything. But It wasnt either way.

Pocketful- 110 Priest- Savant - US Proudmoore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Ahahah.
    The day my guild sits me for someone else worse than me BECEAUS BUFFZ, is the day i leave it. Surely not the day i level an alt of that class. Show them what you're made of, and make it not be butter!
    Bring the player not the class, level all the alts and keep them geared. I'm personally having 6 lvl 90's at the moment that I'm keeping geared on 10m's on offnights or mainraid now that my main lacks gear only from 3 bosses, counting hc tf, and raden is not a boss where we normally bring alts anyways.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Renisis86 View Post
    I didnt make any drama. I understand the need. Not mad at my raid. Just Frustrated that we dont bring much to the table. MY gear is good, Not as great as the other DPS in the raid. Which puts me further behing in terms of DPS. Sucks is I am a guild man, Tanks were spotty at the beginning so what did I do? Leveled a Tank for back up. But Ill sit tight. 25 man is the way to go, just near impossible to find a 25 man raid that fits my schedule. Ill level this lock and see how I like it. Who knows.

Just sucks. I have raided on a hunter since Vanilla, and never had issues with my DPS, or having a spot in raid. Theres always a first for everything.
    Assuming you have 2 tanks, 3 healers 5 dps for Iron Qon.

Lock only takes one of the 5 dps spots, so you either have to be the worst dps of the 4 others (Because of skill/gear?) or the other provide needed buffs. Thing is, that hunters can provide all buffs - So that is prob not the case.

I might be biased, and Locks are really OP in current state (I play a lock), but I have never been sat on a progression boss in MoP (I play 10 man, and we have 2 locks).

Locks do help on many fights tho, if not for the DPS, gateway is insane on Megara, Dark Animus, Iron Qon and Lei Shin.
    Last edited by mmoc909dfd26c8; 2013-07-11 at 04:29 PM.

My guess is your raid wants a warlock for the wind phase, you could simply use the method to ignore that mechanic, makes the fight a whole lot easier. I you want more details just ask.

Don't worry. You'll be there for every painful wipe of Dark Animus. Start practicing your micro management of your pet now.

Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    Assuming you have 2 tanks, 3 healers 5 dps for Iron Qon.

Lock only takes one of the 5 dps spots, so you either have to be the worst dps of the 4 others (Because of skill/gear?) or the other provide needed buffs. Thing is, that hunters can provide all buffs - So that is prob not the case.

I might be biased, and Locks are really OP in current state (I play a lock), but I have never been sat on a progression boss in MoP (I play 10 man, and we have 2 locks).

Locks do help on many fights tho, if not for the DPS, gateway is insane on Megara, Dark Animus, Iron Qon and Lei Shin.
    Yeah My DPS was better then the locks but Lock portals > my DPS.

Yeah..So I got sat again last night for Attempts on Ion Qon H. MY DPS was at about 150-160k. The warlock that was in our group was sitting at a cool 120. I asked Why I was getting sat and not him....."Warlock Portals." Im so tired of this. Anyone else have these issues? So what I left the raid, bought the rest of the caster heirloom set and set off to level a warlock.
    The gun didn't drop did it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    This is why you raid 25 man so you don't have to worry about these ridiculous 'utility' stacking issues.
    Raiding 25 mans has little to no effect on this as raid comp still matters

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    I read the title, and thought you got Saturday again. I was pretty confused because the S was capitalized when it shouldn't be.

Anyway, I can only sympathize because I have never been sat in my raid.

Hate to nitpick, but in a subject line, every word should be capitalized. So the OP was correct with capitalizing Sat. However was incorrect that "got" and "again" was not capitalized...since we're being grammar Nazi's and all.

Deleted
    Yeah My DPS was better then the locks but Lock portals > my DPS.
    But then your dps was < the other 4 ? Since Lock portal is only crucial on the 4 fights I listed. Lock (with similar gear) should outdps you np tho, we have it easy

Quote Originally Posted by Norjak View Post
    Next Expansion: "Nether Ray pets have a new ability: Nether Portal"
    I would definitely back this up... You sir are a genius.

Deleted
    I reforged into crit at the end of the night to see if it would effect anything. But It wasnt either way.
    Stick to the haste reforge.

So your signature is a very bitter cry about people bringing the class and not the player, yet basically you were kicked because you were doing bad dps in a fight where you should be topping the charts (and 5-10 ilvls is basically the difference the legendary cloak makes... not the 40k dps you were behind them).

Im sure im doing something wrong.
    Why are you blaming your raid leader then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks guilds who replace players because of a class is the most selfish thing to do of a GM? If anything the GM was the selfish one.
    Yes, you are the only one.

Killing the boss is the most important thing. Achieving that goal takes priority over making sure no one's feelings get hurt.

As has been said, go 25m. I have never been sat because of my class. We can stack 2-3 lolWarlocks and still retain all of our best players in the raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OswinOswald View Post

So your signature is a very bitter cry about people bringing the class and not the player, yet basically you were kicked because you were doing bad dps in a fight where you should be topping the charts (and 5-10 ilvls is basically the difference the legendary cloak makes... not the 40k dps you were behind them).

He was still doing more damage than the person he got replaced for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    Yes, you are the only one.

Killing the boss is the most important thing. Achieving that goal takes priority over making sure no one's feelings get hurt.

As has been said, go 25m. I have never been sat because of my class. We can stack 2-3 lolWarlocks and still retain all of our best players in the raid.
    That's the thing, 2-3 warlocks isn't stacking. Meaning that unless you bring like 3-4 more warlocks to counter a mechanic in, you're not stacking warlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by OswinOswald View Post

I wasn't blaming the raid leader. I understand why I got sat. Just sucks that its for a gimmick. Like I said, I don't blame my raid at all. I have been looking more into what i can do to increase my damage it has been sub-par all expansion. But mostly because I used a Heroic Dungeon Weapon till I got the Durumu x-bow, So i blamed it on that.

I will reforge when i log back in, and for my sig, It was something I read on these forums that I though was funny.

Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    That's not the portals not working, that's your raiders failing to hit a field goal..
    So you are telling me warlock portals are op on that fight because people who would else fail on said mechanism, can take a portal that requires to grasp the exact same mechanism? That... makes.. sense!
    What I was saying is: either you take the portal RIGHT away as first second or maybe third, and gg you are fine, OR if you miss the first 2-3 and you are fucked because: 1. if you click asap as 4th 5th, you will bump into a tornado. 2. If you wait for that set of tornado to pass, in that time one will come where the portal is, so you will get caught in that.
    And my conclusion was: I rather die on my own than to die because I could only click as 4th or 5th, or because of latency.

Yeah This thread wasn't about Lock portals in that regard. Lock portals were just the reason I was sat. I know my Damage isnt great, I should be able to pump out alot more. Im sure im doing something wrong. I have looked into it,and tried finding out whats the matter, in that time I have brought my damage up a ton. My ilvl is about 5-10 ilvl below our top dps, (rogue, Mage, Boomkin) I sit 4th on most fights. Also I wouldn't say we are on the bleeding egde of progression, 2 night a week raids and are 3/12 in 5.3.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%C3%BCl/simple

Completely unrelated, but you should switch the purple gem in you bow with the red gem in your boots. You'd gain the socket bonus from the boots.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Ahahah.
    The day my guild sits me for someone else worse than me BECEAUS BUFFZ, is the day i leave it. Surely not the day i level an alt of that class. Show them what you're made of, and make it not be butter!
    Maybe you should do what is best for your guild and not say "me me me!". Getting sat sucks, I know I've been there I played Elemental Shaman for like 6 years. When Warlocks got the Spellpower buff in Wotlk IT WAS BETTER THAN THE SHAMAN ONE AND THEY DID MORE DPS. You can only imagine how often I was used during progression.

TLDR: Suck it up and do what is best for your guild.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    I can understand this when it happens on maybe the top 100 guilds in the world, or those ones being lower that can compete for server firsts. But for a guild that is still progressing on HC IQ (to name it, a "serious casual" guild alike, raiding not more than 10 hours a week but trying to progress at their oun pace) raid comp is not and will never be an issue, as long as you have a balanced raid, which is pretty easy without the need to stack any class. If a guild like this (could be mine 2) struggles to progress is cause lack of skill, lack of gear, or lack of raiding time. raid comp is important when you are trying to finish something the faster way, at any cost. But if you miss a warlock in IQ, it may be 10 more tries to kill it, but it will happen. 99% of the time, bringing the better players regardless of their class will result in succeed. I've done HC megaera in 25 man without locks and it was never a problem, I've done HC IQ 25 without warlocks again, and it maybe took 4-5 tries for ppl to find a safe path outside the wind, we are about to kill HC animus, and there will not be more than 1 lock and 1 hunter, if there are any (when it is "mandatory" to have 4 adds tanked by pets bla bla bla). I remember back in the day doing the FK of sinestra 25 on our server with 3 enh shammys and 1 feral druid, when they were the worst two melee classes by far, but they were some of our better players, so succeed was guaranteed, even if it took us a few more tries.

TLDR: raid comp is not important as long as you have your best players in. it's just the hype of "omg paragon or method killed that boss with that comp, that means no other comp is viable". IF you are still progressing and struggle on an easy boss like IQ HC, then you have bigger problems, like skill, gear, or you just dont raid enough time to progress smothly (which is ok, i'm not judging)

As an arms warrior, I forgot what raiding felt like. I haven't been in a raid since... heh.