Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Yet another day passing with no buffs to hunter shots with readiness removal

Any eta on something? not counting the stampede revert

Quote Originally Posted by jfk View Post
    Any eta on something? not counting the stampede revert
    We have been plenty buffed, Arcaneshot recieved a massive buff and we are just balanced all around at this moment. Play PTR and wonder why arcane shot crits 100k

10+ Year Old Account
    Tuning pass happens later in the patch cycle. Relax. Pretty much 11/11 classes are in shitty places right now with such massive mid-expansion changes. There'll be one huge number change build a few weeks before the patch is live.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jadenprince View Post
    We have been plenty buffed, Arcaneshot recieved a massive buff and we are just balanced all around at this moment. Play PTR and wonder why arcane shot crits 100k

Just to clear up, arcane shot got a 50% damage AND focus cost increase so it's basically unchanged just gives more burst. Stampede 4x dmg boost (I think) is pretty respectable but yeah hopefully some later damage tuning will come just have to wait it out I guess.

My arcane shots already hit more than 100k crits on live, it was not a buff as it had its focus cost raised by 10 also, I'm talking about explosive shot, chimera shot, kill command, ect.

Deleted
    Frost mages have had their numbers tweaked I believe. Might have been a sideeffect of their new mastery though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to Anjerith's "Pick-your-level-of-Acceptance" Answer System. For this Topic, you may choose one of the following options;

A) Changes on the PTR are meant for player testing after internal testing has been conducted. Thus, to facilitate an intelligent product testing system, every minute change done internally is examined by Blizzard internals before it is added or removed from the Public Test Realms. Hunter changes are likely to come, but as such they are not ready to put them into a build in their current format.

B) WAUUUURGGHHHHH!!!!!!1!!! Blizzard Hates HunterssseeeuuuUUAAAAAAAEEEEE!!!1!
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Option C] We can't actually test anything because they aren't changing anything.

But, I appreciate the "We're very blanced and doing great!" comment. I got a healthy chuckle from it.

They're 100k because they cost more focus.

Anyway in that big thread on the PTR forums Lore said (before locking the thread, he seemed kinda frustrated) that they know hunter damage is low. I wouldn't start worrying until there is a release candidate without fixes

removing readiness doesn't mean you need to be compensated in any way. hunter dmg may not be as stupid now, but giving silence/counter shot back to BM and keeping the CC the way it is is the stupidest decision they have made.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    removing readiness doesn't mean you need to be compensated in any way. hunter dmg may not be as stupid now, but giving silence/counter shot back to BM and keeping the CC the way it is is the stupidest decision they have made.
    Nobody is talking and nobody cares about pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    You must have missed the Readiness changes...

Quote Originally Posted by jfk View Post
    My arcane shots already hit more than 100k crits on live, it was not a buff as it had its focus cost raised by 10 also
    Yes, damage increased, focus cost increased, but cast time wasn't.

For 33% less AS you get the same damage as now, meaning for every 2 AS you fire you get 1 extra second you can use for casting something else. So it's a buff to both our burst and sustained.

For example, if you fire 90 AS now in an encounter, with the change to AS you will save 30 seconds. Those 30 seconds can be used for more Cobra Shots and more AS, thus increasing the damage over the course of the fight.

The +50% As buff is an indirect buff to Haste value also, we will have to do more Cobra shots, and the less time we spend casting Cobra, the more we can use other shots.

Also I do hope they would just flat out buff our Primary abilities by like 30 or even 40%, make them feel good to press and bad hunters won't get away with only spamming Arcane because the damage difference is so minimal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    The +50% As buff is an indirect buff to Haste value also, we will have to do more Cobra shots, and the less time we spend casting Cobra, the more we can use other shots.
    The problem is, with the new tier bonus our RF uptime will go up by a lot, meaning our average haste will go up, meaning Cobra/Steady Shot will have a lower cast time than GCD (especially considering normal gear has a ilvl higher than Heroic Thunderforged gear) and thus lower the value of haste (the same way crit value is lowered for MM due to Careful Aim capping your crit).

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Also I do hope they would just flat out buff our Primary abilities by like 30 or even 40%, make them feel good to press and bad hunters won't get away with only spamming Arcane because the damage difference is so minimal.
    Not sure about Explosive Shot and Aimed Shot, but Kill Command will be buffed, at least the mentioned that they are aware of the KC vs AS issue.

We do hear the damage concerns. We're not at the point in development yet where we're ready to start tweaking numbers, but we are listening. We'll discuss the burst vs sustain issue.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...ck-thread-pt2/

This was in a Warrior thread, but you get the point
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

It wasn't bugged, they increase the cost, they just changed it so we don't focus cap, overall it won't make a huge difference, our burst at the start will be slighlty higher.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    We do hear the damage concerns. We're not at the point in development yet where we're ready to start tweaking numbers, but we are listening. We'll discuss the burst vs sustain issue.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...ck-thread-pt2/

This was in a Warrior thread, but you get the point
    It fun they have been tweeking number for plenty of classes, pretty much all of them, given new cool spell effects to mages etc. But no tweeking for hunters.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing they are thinking long and hard about what to change/buff since Hunters have been a huge problem this expac. Keep posting your ideas on the forum and push them in the right direction ;>

Quote Originally Posted by lolo855 View Post
    It wasn't bugged, they increase the cost, they just changed it so we don't focus cap, overall it won't make a huge difference, our burst at the start will be slighlty higher.
    Arcane Shot was buffed. Since you're not actually paying attention to what's happening, I would suggest you stop complaining.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    At 551 ilvl, my arcane shots on ptr crit for well over 200k. If the agility trinket procs and the other one (thats 24k+12k extra agility) it goes up to 300k almost.

Not to mention the explosive shot rng with 4set is rather silly, I've had streaks of 30 explosive shots in a row that it felt too boring for my liking.

-

Haven't played bm or marks due to both just not being good enough atm.