Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

[TV] Help revive SGU!!! (STARGATE UNIVERSE)

Here is a petition to bring back SGU (stargate universe) Netflix want to help revive the show but need 100,0000 thousands signs to get the ball rolling!

tell your friends and family if you have ever watched and enjoyed the show!

http://www.change.org/petitions/netf...rgate-universe

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would netflix want to revive SGU? it did terribly on SyFy, there's no real market for it, alot of the other actors have moved on to other projects.

there's literally no way the chevrons could align for this to happen.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Why would netflix want to revive SGU? it did terribly on SyFy, there's no real market for it, alot of the other actors have moved on to other projects.

Netflix brought back Arrested Development...

Anyway, SGU was pretty awesome, imo. I was never a fan of the other Stargate series, but I enjoyed every single episode of SGU that I watched.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2013-07-11 at 05:45 PM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    So no where did I see Netflix endorsing this? They're talking about bringing back Terra Nova, I'd be surprised if this was on the table, as well.

If only Netflix was reviving shows when Firefly got cancelled ;_;

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Netflix brought back Arrested Development...
    Arrested Development was a unique case because there was proof the audience had grown over time, and the people behind it wanted to do it. Netflix have said they do not want to be the "savers" of cancelled shows, and even if they did want to save good shows i doubt SGU is big enough to warrant ressurection. They'd have more luck with saving Futurama or resurrecting Firefly.

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    I was never a fan of the other Stargate series, but I enjoyed every single episode of SGU that I watched.
    Stargate SG1 seasons 1-8 are way better imo. Universe was a mess. just my 2c
    Hi

Deleted
    signed it. I love Stargate <3

tbh i'd rather not...wasn't that good for a stargate or for any other sci-fi series

SGU? def not unless they recast everyone in the show

Deleted
    Revive the series that killed off Stargate? No thanks, I live in hope that we'll get another Stargate someday, but actually like Atlantis or SG1, not a soap opera like SGU turned into.

Stargate Atlantis and SG1 were undoubtedly better. SGU was a sore disappointment though

Besides, if they couldn't even bring back Star Trek: Enterprise on Netflix (fortunately they didn't), what makes you think the could bring back SGU?

FYI: Anything produced by the Scy Fi channel is lousy, cheesy, and utterly overrated.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2013-07-11 at 07:53 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if they'll be able to even get the actors back. Most probably have moved on.

Still, the way it ended leaves open the possibility of a totally new cast.

Like, everyone died in the hibernation chambers and a new crew was sent to Destiny.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Arrested Development could be revived because the fanbase grew bigger and bigger and there was legitimate reason for it. SGU was dropped for good reason and while I kind of enjoyed the first season I really think it was a good decision. It's very unlikely to be revived.
    The reason it was dropped was because the horrible timeslot it ended up in. That and being on a tier 3 cable channel doesn't help.

would it be filled with the shitty humor and unnecessary sexual shit that the later seasons of sg1, and every other series after sg1, had?

15+ Year Old Account
    SGU was atrocious until the last few episodes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    SGU was atrocious until the last few episodes.
    even the last few episodes were terrible. terrible ending. lets freeze everyone except the fat guy and lets look for a hidden signal left by god.

wtf
    Hi

Deleted
    It was far from being the best Stargate show, but I want all the plot holes to be closed up, so even if they revived it for only one more season I'd be very happy indeed.

What I hate most about cancelled shows is not knowing how it ends.

As an SG1 fan I watched 6 episodes of Universe and hated it. Such obvious pandering "oh look a fat wow player can crack a computer code and go into space and girls will like him." Maybe it got better but the first 6 episodes were almost identical.

Something is wrong with the ship, it needs more oil/ship/air etc.
    Stargate automatically detects a planet with oil/ship/air and activates.
    They go get the life saving parts.
    The doctor is bad and evil but oh wait he was actually doing something good, he just acted like a dick while doing it for no reason.

I don't want to be a dick to you guys if you like the show, as I said I only watched 6 episodes so perhaps it got amazing but for me 6 episodes is too long a wait for something to get good or interesting. I forgive a bad pilot, maybe first 2-3 episodes if the show gets great.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pocky_rin View Post
    As an SG1 fan I watched 6 episodes of Universe and hated it. Such obvious pandering "oh look a fat wow player can crack a computer code and go into space and girls will like him." Maybe it got better but the first 6 episodes were almost identical.

Something is wrong with the ship, it needs more oil/ship/air etc.
    Stargate automatically detects a planet with oil/ship/air and activates.
    They go get the life saving parts.
    The doctor is bad and evil but oh wait he was actually doing something good, he just acted like a dick while doing it for no reason.

I don't want to be a dick to you guys if you like the show, as I said I only watched 6 episodes so perhaps it got amazing but for me 6 episodes is too long a wait for something to get good or interesting. I forgive a bad pilot, maybe first 2-3 episodes if the show gets great.
    The whole first season had very little deviation from that main concept. It devoted too much time to character development, then took too long recovering from it. I hated the first season with a passion, then returned and rewatched the whole thing later. It improves as it goes along, but by then people had already given up on it. I still cannot fathom how the creators were able to wipe their hands, say "screw you guys for not supporting the crap we hand you" and just refuse to anything stargate related because of it.

I would rather see SG1 or SGA back. I loved those, couldn't get myself to watch SGU after a few episodes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post

only reason SGU dropped in viewers is, similar Firefly it was bounced all round the schedule meaning that Fans could not get into a routine of when it would be shown