Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Yeah, good call, continue SGU then Richard Dean Anderson is free to bring back Mc Gyver

SGU was a terrible show in every sense. No feeling of adventure. Not even a sense of exploration, even while they hurdled through the unknown. It was like they kept the stargate prop, and added nick jr actors and a battlestar galactica vibe.

Thanks for letting me know theres a movement for the show, so I can try and stop it <3

SG 1 or NOPE.

I'm not sure the support is there for it to be revived and they would have a heck of a time getting Robert Carlyle, Ming-Na, and Louis Ferreira to appear as they are all on current tv series as regulars. Most likely they would have recast those roles as I can't see Once Upon A Time or Shield getting cancelled anytime soon. Motive on the other hand is a possibility.

Good luck though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    only reason SGU dropped in viewers is, similar Firefly it was bounced all round the schedule meaning that Fans could not get into a routine of when it would be shown
    That may be true of Firefly, but SGU had two whole seasons to find an audience and build. But it didn't. Not only that, the loyal Stargate fans got served a terrible story with terrible characters. I watched every episode of SGU and that was honestly how i felt it. Really SGU was nothing but a Battlestar Galactica wanna be. I respect people who like it, but personally it's a stain on the Stargate Franchise.
    Hi

15+ Year Old Account
    Another strong reason it was probably cancelled was the fact that the Canadian dollar rose while the US dollar dropped causing it to be more expensive to produce than before. A Sci-Fi series such as it costs a lot of money to produce. Shows like BSG and Stargate enjoyed much lower costs filming in Vancouver, with the cheap dollar and the tax incentives the provincial government offered.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Another strong reason it was probably cancelled was the fact that the Canadian dollar rose while the US dollar dropped causing it to be more expensive to produce than before. A Sci-Fi series such as it costs a lot of money to produce. Shows like BSG and Stargate enjoyed much lower costs filming in Vancouver, with the cheap dollar and the tax incentives the provincial government offered.
    That's true. They had planned on 1 or 2 SG: Atlantis movies but due to the increased costs it never got made.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't be serious. SGU was a bastardization of Stargate. I barely managed to make it through the whole thing. It was like watching BSG and some random soap opera mixed together, I couldn't freaking stand it. It's a disgrace to the Stargate name. The characters were terrible, the story could've been done so much better, and the over-the-top drama and BSG-style cinematography were just too much for me to tolerate.

I'm a huge SG fan. Loved the movie, SG-1, SG:A, but SG:U made me sick to my stomach. I was cheering when I heard there wouldn't be any more after it >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    nope... was by far the worst of the 3.. please leave it dead.. I have fond memories of SG1 and SG-A

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Where is the Firefly petition? If I'm going to sign something to get a show revived I want to at least sign for a good one.

SGU was great. Gritty, dramatic, interesting story and good characters. Not sure why it was canceled. The overall plot was AMAZING, stuck on a several million year old spacecraft that is falling apart and on auto pilot in an unknown part of the universe.

Deleted
    Is there any chance they will ever make the movie that was supposed to finish the SGA plot? It was called Stargate: Extinction I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather they do a new show.

While it was great to see the world of Stargate in a serious context at a point where the US started making spaceships trying to fill a galactic power vacuum, what they choose to actually do was a bunch of one off bottle episodes in a ship that was in the middle of nowhere, leaving all the great and interesting stuff that was going on with Earth, US Colonial expansion, manifest destiny, Human dominance in the galaxy off screen. Which sucked.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    I'd rather they do a new show.

While it was great to see the world of Stargate in a serious context at a point where the US started making spaceships trying to fill a galactic power vacuum, what they choose to actually do was a bunch of one off bottle episodes in a ship that was in the middle of nowhere, leaving all the great and interesting stuff that was going on with Earth, US Colonial expansion, manifest destiny, Human dominance in the galaxy off screen. Which sucked.
    See... I found that shit boring. I WANTED TO SEE WHAT THAT SHIP WAS GONNA DO! And preferably without all of the romancey bitchy drama shit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Is there any chance they will ever make the movie that was supposed to finish the SGA plot? It was called Stargate: Extinction I think.
    The creators decided that since people didnt support SGU, they werent going to do anything to do with SGA or SG1.

So mature.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    The creators decided that since people didnt support SGU, they werent going to do anything to do with SGA or SG1.

So mature.
    Nooooooooooooo. I want my Atlantis movie NOW! I mean what happened to all the people of the pegasus galaxy after Atlantis went back to Earth? will the crew just let the wraith have their fun with them? they kinda had an obligation towards those people and I hate plotholes -.- why they dont just make the movie is beyond me, you cant tell me it wont be profitable ... all the Stargate fans will buy it
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2013-07-13 at 11:30 PM.

Deleted
    Signed. Not that I am a big fan of SG but atleast I helped the ones that does

I'd love to see it get picked back up again. Good, proper scifi show that should have been given ample time to flesh itself out.

Semi-related: if I were to start watching star gate which series should I start with?

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Semi-related: if I were to start watching star gate which series should I start with?
    The franchise starts with Stargate the movie. The actors were recast for SG1, but that gives you some basic backstory. The series starts with SG1 though, and you can safely start there without seeing the movie. SGA would start from the events of the last bit of season 7 of SG1, if you want to keep it chronological. And then of course SGU stands on it's own for the most part after the other 2 series, a few crossover episodes. SG1 and SGA is where it's at.

Personally I would rank SGU above both SG1 and SGA. The episodes were less repetitive and I found the character development more interesting. It chose different approach than the other two and it didn't turn out so Star Gate-ish, that's for sure.

btw, signed