Thread: Arms PVP

10+ Year Old Account

Arms PVP

Anyone else feeling like warriors were much more effective in cata and the beginning of mop than they are now? I mean, I find myself utilizing all my CD's to what I know to be appropriate based off various DPS rotations I have worked on in the past and dps rotations others have given me tips on. Now I know i'm not the best but I am not bad. No matter what though, gear not even making that much of a difference, I cannot kill druids, frost mages or monks anymore. Anyone got tips on how an arms warrior can kill these classes because I am at a total loss and it is frustrating. It seems like for every ability I have, they have a counter ability and its not the same the other way around? I know I wont be able to kill them all but they shouldn't be able to kill me every time. Help me out?

Well, we're the worst class in PVP now and getting into a RBG thats actually pushing rating isn't happening. Sadly we're pretty useless since you could replace a warrior in any comp with any other melee and it will be better/

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    Well, we're the worst class in PVP now and getting into a RBG thats actually pushing rating isn't happening. Sadly we're pretty useless since you could replace a warrior in any comp with any other melee and it will be better/
    It's true, and it's such a bummer that it's like that, but hopefully 5.4 brings some much needed changes. I actually squeezed my way into a 1700s RBG and played TG fury, topped damage and KBs and we won, it was hilariously awesome. To anyone looking for a good time, I recommend Fury in regular BGs 100%. Spec bladestorm and GG

Quote Originally Posted by JediWarrior View Post
    It's true, and it's such a bummer that it's like that, but hopefully 5.4 brings some much needed changes. I actually squeezed my way into a 1700s RBG and played TG fury, topped damage and KBs and we won, it was hilariously awesome. To anyone looking for a good time, I recommend Fury in regular BGs 100%. Spec bladestorm and GG
    Bladestorm spec with bloodbath and staggering shout, root those bastards in the middle of it. (although I love arms aoe speccing because of the thunderclap spreading bleeds that do 100% more damage than what fury does.)

Deleted
    Every melee is better than us atm. We're not getting much love unfortunately.

Maybe I'm a bad Ret, but Arms warriors with my gear level destroy me 1v1, I have no such troubles with DKs (strange, cause they have anti-magic shell, necrotic strikes and shit)
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2013-07-13 at 11:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenlol View Post
    Every melee is better than us atm. We're not getting much love unfortunately.
    Rogues are much worse than Warriors currently. Not enough love? Have you seen the patch notes recently? There are more Warrior buffs in 5.4 than if you compare the entire wotlk expansion. I've never seen Blizzard mechanically change Warriors so much and its been happening ever since MoP started. Before that it was either a list full of nerfs or nothing but one "bug" change that they decided to finally fix after 6 years.

Anyway, Warriors in 5.3 are pretty terrible, only viable because of BM. I think that 5.4 will be a lot better for Warriors and other melee because of the baseline damage reduction nerfs to casters (lock, shadow, balance). But they'll still be inferior to Rets, Ferals ect. The main problem with Warriors is that the class has no "niche" in pvp. It's basically a Frost DK with better defensive utility and a slightly bigger tool kit. You can't just be a class that "does damage" and have nothing else to bring to the table and expect to be viable. That's where Warriors are currently and that is why they're awful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Maybe I'm a bad Ret, but Arms warriors with my gear level destroy me 1v1, I have no such troubles with DKs (strange, cause they have anti-magic shell, necrotic strikes and shit)
    No offense, but you're a terrible Ret. The only thing that should be allowed to lose to a Warrior in a 1v1 is any Frost DK or an average Subtlety Rogue.