Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Think the imp can get the curse on it thus kill itself. As for horridon its almost always a better idea to use something else to knock the direhorn back while devoting pet dps to boss or adds (depending on level of cheese/padding/etc). Destro can CoE on the GCD, demo can use it to get free imps via UVLS doom, aff can corruption it for shards. Last phase havoc also lets you cheese embers or numbers if you really don't want to move.

That would seem most logical except for the fact that the curse does physical damage when a spell is cast. Not a spell reflect. The imp was dying on door 3. Note, this was weeks ago when it happened and we were stratting the fight. Imo, anyone stratting the fight should use an Imp. I agree on the demo part... The best part about the demo crit doom is the imps first felbolt will always go to it's doom from my understanding. Yay free knockback every 15s.

I actually forgot to spec out of sac affliction for the fight this week, so it was quite entertaining. Final phase I ended up just kiting the spirit the whole final phase... Healers weren't pleased, but it's not like I take damage anyway as a warlock.

We just started on Horridon last week, and i didnt want to use my imp on the Direhorn because it would be a DPS loss.
    Take in mind that i am far from the best player, but i do okay compared to the rest of my group with only the ele shaman really able to crush my dps at certain fight.

I found that manually knocking back the Direhorn, though not a huge problem, wasted more time on it that i would like.
    Insted i tried just sacking the imp on the beast and go about my buisness. Most attempts i "forgot" about the imp and just let him play with the Direhorn all fight long,
    and still i was top 2 on the meters (only beaten by them damn shaman) for most of the attempts.
    I might be able to push a little more dps if i would let the imp attack things that actually need to die, but i didnt see any big drop in my dps.

Though i will try the CoE trick on sunday, and let my imp (or felguard if i go demo) play with the rest of us to see if that works better.

Quote Originally Posted by catspoir View Post
    I actually forgot to spec out of sac affliction for the fight this week, so it was quite entertaining. Final phase I ended up just kiting the spirit the whole final phase... Healers weren't pleased, but it's not like I take damage anyway as a warlock.
    Thats so true - i love it when the stars align and we can soak any "dps needs to use cooldown" effect with our shield (i.e. ionization on Jin'Rokh HC).

for horridon i use a fel flame macro to just work into my rotation if i ever feel it's getting too close, however as stated earlier, off of AOE'ing the adds the rest of the fight, it's usually knocked back where i don't have to worry about it.

#Showtooltip
    /target Direhorn Spirit
    /cast Fel Flame
    /targetlasttarget

Quote Originally Posted by bennafflock View Post
    for horridon i use a fel flame macro to just work into my rotation if i ever feel it's getting too close, however as stated earlier, off of AOE'ing the adds the rest of the fight, it's usually knocked back where i don't have to worry about it.

#Showtooltip
    /target Direhorn Spirit
    /cast Fel Flame
    /targetlasttarget
    If you're Demo or Destro you'd be better off replacing that with a curse, as the GCD is only .5 seconds and still knocks them back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    If you're Demo or Destro you'd be better off replacing that with a curse, as the GCD is only .5 seconds and still knocks them back.
    And costs far less mana, and you don't need to be facing them to cast it. Curse trumps Felflame in every aspect.

15+ Year Old Account
    So what I've ended up doing:

Start fight with imp on assist.
    As soon as Direhorn appears, set pet to passive.
    Target Direhorn
    Click pet 'attack' button
    Occasionally click the pet 'flee' button so it doesn't despawn (although it doesn't seem to anyway)

So yeah, I'm clicking some buttons, but they're the only ones I do, and it's 2 clicks in the whole fight, so sue me.
    It might in theory be a DPS loss having the pet out of commission most of the fight but not having to stress about the Direhorn the entire fight more than makes up for it.

Deleted
    I tried the Coe method and i found that i had to cast it more often that i wanted or felt comfortable with and since sometimes it is hard to see where the spirit is if adds get out of control I choose the safe way and use imp to get rid off him. Here is my macro:

/petpassive
    /tar Direhorn spirit
    /petattack
    /targetlattarget

When i feel spirit is far enough to give me a nice time window to be safe just hit pet attack to switch to your current target. If spirit gets closer hit macro again.
    Also remember that when Command demond icon changes from imp ability to generic one it means that imp is too far away from you and almost close to despawn

Quote Originally Posted by Daedelus View Post
    So what I've ended up doing:

Start fight with imp on assist.
    As soon as Direhorn appears, set pet to passive.
    Target Direhorn
    Click pet 'attack' button
    Occasionally click the pet 'flee' button so it doesn't despawn (although it doesn't seem to anyway)

So yeah, I'm clicking some buttons, but they're the only ones I do, and it's 2 clicks in the whole fight, so sue me.
    It might in theory be a DPS loss having the pet out of commission most of the fight but not having to stress about the Direhorn the entire fight more than makes up for it.
    so you're willing to sacrifice your pet's MASSIVE damage on the boss (100% bonus) just in order to not have to worry about pressing one macro'd button to push the add back? seems quite off.

10+ Year Old Account
    so you're willing to sacrifice your pet's MASSIVE damage on the boss (100% bonus) just in order to not have to worry about pressing one macro'd button to push the add back? seems quite off.
    The thing is, unless your guild is hitting the enrage or wiping at a very low % for whatever reason, having your imp sit on the boss with 50-200% increased damage taken is nothing but padding. It looks good on recount and logs, but that's all it is. I personally switch my imp from the boss to the spirit and back every time I feel the spirit is far enough away/getting too close, as to not cause the spirit to evade, and to pad meters a little, but if you're currently progressing on Horridon and haven't downed it yet, the convenience of not having to mess with the spirit whatsoever whilst trying to deal with the 4 door phases outweighs the tiny bit of padding by a long shot. Usually any guild capable of clearing all 4 doors with no deaths will be able to down Jalak and finish off Horridon with next to no issues at all... But you have to reach that phase first.

if your guild doesnt have a dps problem with killing the boss, just keep your imp on the direhorn the entire fight.
    Be feared, or be fuel

i send my imp on it (mostly go 2pet spec) and once pink dino is far away i send my imp back on the boss
    don't know how much dps loss it is compared to sending felflame on it, but it's easyer for me. Aside from the fact that i didn't see the boss in a long time (no gear need so i play afkman) ^^

15+ Year Old Account
    we're nowhere near close to enrage so I'd rather just be able to forget about the direhorn the whole fight. completely negates one of the main heroic mechanics, seems like a win to me.

I always put my pet on it because having to mash CotE on the thing to knock it back sufficiently enough to have any reasonable uptime on the adds is beyond annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedelus View Post
    we're nowhere near close to enrage so I'd rather just be able to forget about the direhorn the whole fight. completely negates one of the main heroic mechanics, seems like a win to me.
    The hard enrage isn't the problem. The damage that goes out after Wargod comes down and then dies is insane (at least it used to be when we were first progressing on it). If you can get the boss closer to 30% before he comes down that greatly increases your chances in the last phase of getting a kill.

For guilds progressing on this fight, every bit of DPS on Horridon's count. So setting your pet on direhorn duty for the whole duration of the fight is a no-go.
    BUT, in the end I don't think your sole Imp can do that much on Horridon, at least before the third or fourth door so, for me, you can put your imp on the direhors then send it back to Horridon later in the fight. The direhors will take a lot of time to come back, and you will be able to scratch some good DPS before having to do something about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    I always put my pet on it because having to mash CotE on the thing to knock it back sufficiently enough to have any reasonable uptime on the adds is beyond annoying.
    Welcome to other classes though.

Making a CoE /lasttarget macro is as easy as it gets without sacrificing pet uptime. You are all massively overreacting on how often you have to press it. In the final phase you just kite your direhorn around the boss in circles.

Even when you're not progressing DPS matters. In fact, it's then that it matters most. Farm content is there to maximize your performance and go through all of that as fast and as smoothly as possible.

My guild had a few attempts in this one last night - and i tried playing both destor and demo, both with pet on the Direhorn and without doing so.
    Having to "mash" a CoE macro wasnt very time consuming, and when random AoE-ing also keeps the Direhorn away, i cant say i mind much keeping my pet on Horridon.

The one attempt we actually made it past door 3 and got to the final part, Jalak jumped down and was killed in timely fashin.
    Problem was Horridon being around 60% or something when it happened. We had WAY too little dps on Horridon for all over attempts, so i will most definatly go for CoE macro (or hoping for a 100% crit Doom since i will be going/trying demo) and just have my pet on Horridon for the entire fight.

That also leads me to a question to wether GoSup or GoServ will give the best results taken into consideration that the pet(s) will always be used on Horridon throughout the fight??

What is very doable, at least as affliction, is largely ignoring the dino and just running around it all the fight. Takes some practice to manage this + add dps but it's very possible to only knock him back a handful of times instead of every 10 seconds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    You don't want to use your pet because of two things. a) your pet despawns and b) the dino is pushed so far away that it bugs out and proceeds to 'evade' everything you throw at it, whilst continuing to chase you. Happened to me once and I learned my lesson!
    This happens to me alot of times when i forgot my Pet on the Direhorn. :/

Im now sending it manually on the DH for ~ 15 secs and then back on Horri.