Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Direhorn Beasts and pets

On Horridon heroic, how do you make sure your pet keeps attacking the Direhorn spirit rather than switching back to your target?

Deleted
    Put it on passive then select his target manually? Not sure about the fight but that is how I would roll instead of having him on assist

10+ Year Old Account
    Set you pet to passive and put this line into an appropriate macro

/petattack [@focus=Direhorn Spirit]

and then set the Direhorn Spirit you want your pet to attack as your focus.
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2013-07-11 at 08:14 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I didn't think of putting it on passive - thanks!

better have a macro with some instant than make your pet attacking the direhorn.

losing the pet damage on a 200% increased damage taken is HUUUGE.

yea and also the constant knockback on direhorn despawns your pet.

Just set a @focus macro and cast curse of elementson dihorn spirit

Deleted
    You don't want to use your pet because of two things. a) your pet despawns and b) the dino is pushed so far away that it bugs out and proceeds to 'evade' everything you throw at it, whilst continuing to chase you. Happened to me once and I learned my lesson!

As demo/affliction you can use a corruption macro to knock it back - /target Direhorn Spirit, /cast corruption, /targetlasttarget. As destruction swap this to curse of elements.

This allows you to focus the boss for havoc focus macros etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    As demo/affliction you can use a corruption macro to knock it back - /target Direhorn Spirit, /cast corruption, /targetlasttarget. As destruction swap this to curse of elements.

This allows you to focus the boss for havoc focus macros etc.
    I may be remembering wrong, but I thought Demo had a reduced gcd on curses as well as Destruction.

Also:
    You don't want to use your pet because of two things. a) your pet despawns and b) the dino is pushed so far away that it bugs out and proceeds to 'evade' everything you throw at it, whilst continuing to chase you. Happened to me once and I learned my lesson!
    Is that why that happens? I have it happen to me on my SPriest all the time. I put a UVLS-SWP up on the dino and then 5% of the time 2 minutes later I have to run the whole rest of the fight because it evade-bugs. Grr.

Deleted
    As Destro i actually don't have to deal with that little creep. Positioning is key, FnB spells (Immolate and Conflag) will knock it back so you don't have to worry about it very much. As soon as Jalak is down, set him as your focus target and cast Havoc, Immolate, Incinerate, Incinerate. Move while you're on GCD from Conflag and you are fine.

Oh, and the pet is not despawning anymore. On the other hand, the evade bug still exists (bug is not range related, it happens when your pet kicks the dino through a wall/gate iirc).
    Last edited by mmocff0de3da04; 2013-07-12 at 12:44 AM.

What I do is a quick macro so my pet (on passive) attack the direhorn spirit, then when I think it's far enough (like...30s after) you send your imp on Horridon, then 30s after you resend it on the direhorn etc, etc.

I suggest you to start by ALWAYS letting your imp on the direhorn until you are used to handling the adds, then sending your imp after each door for free damage and return to direhorn humping after he is close, finally when you are used to it do the 30/30s rotation.

Oh, and don't forget to manually send your imp on the pull. Remember he's on passive, it's veeeery easy to forget him

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    I may be remembering wrong, but I thought Demo had a reduced gcd on curses as well as Destruction.
    Yeah but then when you're in meta your Curse of Elements becomes the aura thing so I found it safer to just use corruption.

Also don't you still generate fury from the corruption on the dino or is it immune? I can't say I've ever paid much attention to if it actually takes damage or if its immune. I remember hearing it had an absurd amount of HP or something so I just left it at that.

Yeah but then when you're in meta your Curse of Elements becomes the aura thing so I found it safer to just use corruption.
    If you're storing a UVLS-Doom on your spirit, a macro like that could overwrite it. I always used a macro when I was Destro, but as Demo I just do it manually or use a /petattack macro if I really need to get it out of my hair.

Another thread claimed that crit-Dooms still generate imps, so Corruption might generate fury. I'm not sure how I would prove that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by leaderavia View Post
    If you're storing a UVLS-Doom on your spirit, a macro like that could overwrite it. I always used a macro when I was Destro, but as Demo I just do it manually or use a /petattack macro if I really need to get it out of my hair.

Another thread claimed that crit-Dooms still generate imps, so Corruption might generate fury. I'm not sure how I would prove that.
    Hmm yeah I hadn't considered that about the crit doom being overwritten, but I can't say I've been aware enough to apply crit dooms to the dino more than once or twice. Generally just get it refreshed on the boss and then go back to killing adds as it's still a boss that gives us trouble depending on our setup for the night.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Is that why that happens? I have it happen to me on my SPriest all the time. I put a UVLS-SWP up on the dino and then 5% of the time 2 minutes later I have to run the whole rest of the fight because it evade-bugs. Grr.
    During progression this happened to me except that it started just one-shotting random raid members. Was quite comical since they couldn't see it.

My macro:

Code:
    #showtooltip Summon Imp
    /use [nopet][@pet,dead] Soulburn
    /use [nopet][@pet,dead] Summon Imp
    /petpassive
    /petattack [@Horridon,mod:shift][@Direhorn Spirit,nomod]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciremyk View Post
    better have a macro with some instant than make your pet attacking the direhorn.

losing the pet damage on a 200% increased damage taken is HUUUGE.
    i don't disagree but when it comes to moving away from shit, stunning shit, removing buffs and all other stuff gonig on sometimes you need a min where you don't need to think about the DH Spirit .

Personally the macro i use

#showtooltip
    /cast [target="Dire Horn Spirit"] Fel Flame
    /petattack
    /targetlasttarget

i also run GoServ so that i don't loose out on pet damage completely if i choose to shove the DH spirit on the other side of the arena.

I actually have never had my pet de spawn on this. I use my imp ( because i'm lazy ) put it on passive, and park it on the dino add. Usually they are way the heck across the room from me playing nice together and I don't have to worry about it again.
    Cyner#1996

Make a macro that makes your pet attack your focus
    Make a macro that attacks Boss1 ( iirc )

when the thing comes close put your pet on the focus, when its far away enough, let it hit horridon a few times again.
    Thats how Ive done it , parking the pet on the pet is lazy which you might not be able to get away with during progression, on farm though it works although on farm at least I try to max damage and it matters LOTS if you keep tabbing ( due to debuff on Horridon )

I use the following macro. How I handle my pet not despawning is I recall it every door. When the dino gets close, pop the macro. If the dino gets to close again, pop it again. I have never died to getting hit.

/target Direhorn Spirit
    /cast Curse of the Elements
    /petattack
    /targetlasttarget

A couple of weeks ago I noticed that my imp was getting hit by its own felbolts like there was a spell reflect. Anyone know the source? I've had it die before leading to much panic when I had a purple elephantsaur in my face.