Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    Honestly...I've never really understood everyone's obsession with the stuff.
    Me neither. But you know... 'muricans. First they started to put bacon on hamburgers, okay... weird but okay. Then I saw a store selling ice cream with bacon. Yeah, that's when I think it's some kind of weird obsession. I honestly think it's bizarre.

Anyway, I do like bacon from time to time. But if I eat it regularly I get tired of the taste pretty quickly, it's too salty.

And I can honestly understand that people don't want to live in the smell their entire day.
    Come on, let's be real. Even if you like bacon you wouldn't like living in the smell 24/7.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bacon is the greetest. I would smell like bacon every day if I could.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Bacon is ok, but it's way overrated.

Feel like it's more of a meme than people actually loving it. (on the internet)
    it's a season, made of meat.

What's the secret to good tasting Meat? Season it with meat(bacon) and garlic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Me neither. But you know... 'muricans. First they started to put bacon on hamburgers, okay... weird but okay. Then I saw a store selling ice cream with bacon. Yeah, that's when I think it's some kind of weird obsession. I honestly think it's bizarre.
    Trust me, a lot of Americans think it's bizarre too. My local bakery does a 'donut of the month' thing where they have a special donut that month only. This month it was a blueberry bacon donut. Disgusting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tayona View Post
    If your ventalation system isnt good enough to get rid of the smell you shouldnt be in business. Also, the smell of bacon used to make me vomit. Seriously, when was the last time you walked by a KFC or Mcdonalds and from the outside you could smell it?
    You have issues if meat smell makes you vomit.

I am called Sharky for a reason, I can smell find any meatery in LA. People are amazed I can be blind folded and direct them to In-and-Out by smell, I can tell if it's McDonalds, Wendy's, Arby's, Burger King, or Fatburger from the outside by smell. I can smell the difference between Popeye's, Church's, and KFC.

Hell even some of the various Mexican Places I can call from the outside while blindfolded. Del Taco and El Pollo Loco being the easiest ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Jews, Muslims, vegetarians, and anyone with an allergy to pork products.
    Actually that's a bit of a myth, Jewish people and Islamic People are still people and the taste of bacon is just as good to them, only their religion says they shouldn't. And Most of the Jews and Muslims I know in LA love Bacon. I know because I one of them. See my signature, says it all.

As for Vegetarians, that is tricky, are they some bleeding heart hippy, that choose to be vegi as an adult? Then the answer is they love it, but fight against the thing they love, or are they a strict Buddhist raised as a Vegetarian? Because a born and raised Vegetarian doesn't have a taste for meat but everyone else does. As to allergies they make pills for that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthawk45 View Post
    I dont like british bacon? I mean , the bacon I have over here isnt as nice compaired to the streaky bacon most people have
    British and Canadians make funny bacon, but their are plenty of Good Canadians eating good bacon. See Epic Meal Time, good Canadian Jews. https://www.youtube.com/user/EpicMealTime?feature=fvst

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Yes, the issue being that everyone has different tastes :P

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ligier View Post
    Vegetarians are just psychologically ill people,...

Umm even though I dislike Hippies and all things hippy, not all Vegetarians are hippies, some of them are actually strict Buddhists, i have a few friends who are born and raised vegetarian and are Buddhists. they are not weird or hippies, but I suspect their parents where.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    *Hoists flag*

Thank you for your assessment of my mental wellbeing, doctor.
    Typical Canadian, being polite to your abuser. Stand up punch them in the face and say I am a Vegetarian and the meanest toughest mammals are all vegetarian. Sadly they also taste really good. (p.s. meanest mammals wild pigs, wild bovine, wild goats)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Velaniz View Post
    That demonstrably live longer and healthier than your average omnivores.
    I think I have to disagree with that whole hardily, what you consume does have an effect, but the main reason some people live longer is living stress free. Many studies with people over 100 have shown 1/2 smoke, 1/2 drink, 1/2 eat fried foods. the only commonality of people over 100 is they are all active and stress free.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-204_162-...-105-year-old/

Deleted
    Umm even though I dislike Hippies and all things hippy, not all Vegetarians are hippies, some of them are actually strict Buddhists, i have a few friends who are born and raised vegetarian and are Buddhists. they are not weird or hippies, but I suspect their parents where.

- - - Updated - - -

Typical Canadian, being polite to your abuser. Stand up punch them in the face and say I am a Vegetarian and the meanest toughest mammals are all vegetarian. Sadly they also taste really good. (p.s. meanest mammals wild pigs, wild bovine, wild goats)
    So vegetarians are either hippies, or strict buddhists? I didn't know that! Thank you for your wisdom, o mighty one.
    But wait ... what about:
    -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environ..._vegetarianism
    Honestly, I'm almost a vegetarian <- Living at home, while studying in college, prevents me from being a full vegetarian, since my parents don't like it *sigh*
    The reason why I'm pro-vegetarianism is that it's 1) Healthier... 2) Better for the environment ...
    The Ethical Reasons are a bonus I guess...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    When I order breakfast I ask for the little sausages instead of bacon.
    Well since you fly the Scottish flag, I am sure the bacon you have available is British bacon which is subpar, but the pork sausage in Brittan is made from the pork belly which is were bacon comes from, so by ordering sausage you are getting bacon flavor, in a meat tube.

Yeah. Even prior to becoming a vegan, I never quite understood the pop culture hype that revolves around pig's fat.

Now, was it the smell of bacon-grease, or the smell of the bacon-meat. We can all agree that the smell of the bacon grease is absolutely horrendous, especially if it is a day or too old (bleh), but the bacon itself is pleasant. So yeah, force me to smell the day old grease and I would want that place shut down too, or at least properly dispose of the grease regularly. Bacon = good, grease = bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Not sure if this was a joke or not, but it made me wonder if there are "Pray away the vegetarian" camps, made me laugh. Thanks.
    I try to pray away Vegetarians all the time, usually by making meat offerings to the grill Gods. I will use mesquite with my Bacon wrapped Kosher Dogs, severed with grilled onions and garlic in a bacon grease and vinegar marinade. I usually serve it with the best English condiment HP sauce.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by maxalyss View Post
    I'm 36 and I have never ever tried Bacon, or eggs for that matter. I don't know why, but at this age I just can't bring myself to try it. It does smell good though, I like Pork Chops and I was told they taste almost the same.
    How do you make it to 36 and live in a place that has pork and never tried Bacon? I mean it's the brown meaty bits on Salads, and Potatoes in every restaurant and diner in the US, it is the paper thin added meat on a burger, it is the flavor added to McDonalds French Fries. I mean really? 36 in a place with pork and never tasted bacon? Really?

Really? One kind of meat, cut and cured and cooked a certain way made my sub 12 year old self have issues? okay. Maybe its time to look in the mirror with that one.

I enjoy having a slice or two of bacon with my morning eggs every morning, but not to the point that I go off like those guys in Epic Meal Time and make endless amounts of bacon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    Why? Your stomach's PH level is naturally suited to a vegetarian diet. Vegetarians are doing what their body was actually built for, vs. omnivores who had to be taught to consume meat.

Granted, we can of course process it, and that's a great survival mechanism we have built in just in case, but if you look at your tummy's chemistry we're not technically supposed to be eating it, and we actually work better without it.
    Actually false in soo many ways, the science shows humans are Omnivores, our digestive system is designed to be omnivore, what is not good for us is pure anything. Also Cow meat isn't so good for us, but pig, Chicken, Fish, and other meats are actually well suited for our digestive system and teeth. On that note we are also evolved to eat cooked food and not fresh food. Which means our ancestors where scavengers eating other creatures kills, until we learned to make fire. At that point we lost the digestive enzymes needed to kill bacteria. (the reason Ecoli is so dangerous to us, and not a Dog or a Chimpanzee)

http://hunter-gatherer.com/blog/vega...amin-deficient

On top of that, when was the last time you heard of a baby dieing from a dietary choice to be Omnivore? What about Vegan?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    I don't like fake turkey bacon....does that count? The real stuff is pretty good.
    Fake anything is fake, honestly if you want bacon get bacon, if for some reason you can't then do it differently but don't do a fake thing.

Well besides burgers, I do like getting Vegan Hamburger patties and wrapping them in Bacon, to put on top of my Fresh Kosher Beef Patties, then I melt 3 types of cheese over the top. I call it the Sacrilege Burger. Its really good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    It's gross and unhealthy.. so yea, the less bacon and it's nasty smell the better

It's perfectly normal that people complain about it too, who wants the value of their property to drop? It doesn't matter if it's a bacon shop, a fish gutting factory or a sewage recycling facility.
    To be truthful the area is made up of the nations highest concentration of conceited, smug, pretentious hippies in the world. So for them to complain about a Bacon smell, is not shocking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post

Anyway, I do like bacon from time to time. But if I eat it regularly I get tired of the taste pretty quickly, it's too salty.

And I can honestly understand that people don't want to live in the smell their entire day.
    Come on, let's be real. Even if you like bacon you wouldn't like living in the smell 24/7.
    To be truthful I cook a fusion of Mexican/Mediterranean food (Jew/Mex) I usually use Bacon and Garlic as Seasonings, I bake 2-3 strips of Applewood Bacon until they are dark brown almost black I will let them cool and drain them of all grease, I use a Mortar and Pastel to make them into a powder. Best way to add bacon to anything I usually do the same thing with the Garlic. Fresh Garlic Roasted on the same pan as the Bacon.... MMMMM

I do indeed love my bacon, and I for one like turkey bacon as well. It's not pork bacon, but it's good on its own merits.

As for vegetarians, that's a personal choice. Just don't go preaching to me about soy and wheat grass when I'm enjoying a nice bacon cheeseburger and I won't call you a weenie hippie douche or similar for preferring a diet of greens and whatnot.

Now if you start crying about poor abused cattle and how it hurts Mother Gaia to murder your animal brothers, prepare for some mockery. In that vein, I present a favorite quote of mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not particularly fond of bacon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Trust me, a lot of Americans think it's bizarre too. My local bakery does a 'donut of the month' thing where they have a special donut that month only. This month it was a blueberry bacon donut. Disgusting.
    Take thick Bacon, cut it into 1 inch strips, coat it with Brown Sugar, place on a pan sprayed cooking sheet. put in the oven @400°F takes between 15-20 minuets to cook though, check to make sure sugar is fully melted onto the bacon. take out of the oven and let cool, serve. Great sweet treat. Candied Bacon.

Learned behavior. "Oh I belong to such and so subculture now, I must appropriate the norms of that culture". Same reason Star Wars is held in such high regard, and people actually subject themselves to Dr Who.

See also frat boys, atheists, and so on.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bacon tastes awesome. I haven't had it in almost 8 years though, after I switched to a vegan diet.

As far as why people obsess over it--I would say it's almost become a meme at this point. Bacon this, bacon that. Sure, it tastes good, but that's more to do with the fat/salt content than anything else.