Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    if you don't like bacon you're either one of them religious people who think pig skin is unclean or you're insane.

bacon is awesome. my favorite bacon is kevin.
    Hi

I used to not like bacon.

Then I had good bacon, prepared properly. I like bacon.

Bacon is disgusting... I hate the taste, texture and smell... love pork chops... beef... chicken... just don't like bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Velaniz View Post
    That demonstrably live longer and healthier than your average omnivores.
    ...and generally look and act miserable while doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont like bacon.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficus View Post
    Probably has to do with the lack of essential amino acids in their diets.

Unless, of course, they are eating chicken eggs and fish...

Don't forget there's quite a difference with "American" bacon vs. "European" bacon. Although, they're both yummy yummy!

Bacon ftw
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do." --Oscar Gamble 79 Yankees

10+ Year Old Account
    Bacon is THE MOST VERSATILE piece of food-stuff..

It's great for breakfast..
    It's great for lunch..
    It's great for dinner..
    It's absolutely brilliant as a snack..
    It works wonders in cakes..
    It's a gastronomical stroke of genious in icecream..
    It can be used for both appetizers, main course and dessert..
    It can be eaten steaming hot and from the fridge..

Name ONE other food-stuff that can fill the role of bacon.... IT SIMPLY DOESN't exists..

I truely feel sorry for muslims and jews, as they cannot eat this wonderous food (no, turkey bacon IS NOT bacon!!!).
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2013-07-12 at 04:11 PM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficus View Post
    What?? People tell me I'm one of the most robust and vibrantly active they've ever met, and that I don't 'look' like a vegetarian.... whatever the hell vegetarians are supposed to look like. I find most other vegetarians to be much the same. What sort have you been looking at?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Probably has to do with the lack of essential amino acids in their diets.

Unless, of course, they are eating chicken eggs and fish...
    You are massively uninformed. You can get easily get complete protein sources on merely a vegan diet. Even if mixing lentils with grains and stuff isn't your thing, there are things like quinoa that are complete proteins by themselves. Even if you don't pay particular attention to the different kinds of protein you eat, you can compensate by eating MORE of it. Unless you're an olympic bodybuilder or something in that line of profession, protein is a really poor argument.

You are massively uninformed. You can get easily get complete protein sources on merely a vegan diet. Even if mixing lentils with grains and stuff isn't your thing, there are things like quinoa that are complete proteins by themselves. Even if you don't pay particular attention to the different kinds of protein you eat, you can compensate by eating MORE of it. Unless you're an olympic bodybuilder or something in that line of profession, protein is a really poor argument.
    Except that most vegetarians and vegans I know have never researched anything about it and just think "it's healthier" somehow, in some vague way they can't quite explain. There are plenty like you who know what you're talking about, of course. And this is just anecdote, but I'd guess from my observations that I, as an Omnivore, eat healthier than the vegetarians and vegans I most frequently encounter. I limit my meat portion to 3-4 ounces as a serving, and I eat plenty of things like quinoa and kale.

Also, bacon is delicious. I don't understand the obsession with it, but US-style bacon is an amazing ingredient for anything that needs a bit of salty, smokey, crunchy.
    Last edited by belfpala; 2013-07-12 at 03:41 PM.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

15+ Year Old Account
    When I become dictator it will be illegal not to love bacon
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    When I become dictator it will be illegal not to love bacon
    Supporting dictatorships is not something i normally condone. In this case, however, it is for the good of all mankind (even vegetarian kind) so i can't really complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    To answer the question, this is in the Haight-Ashbury district of San Fransisco, the most Hippy place on Earth. As a Los Angeleno I love everything about California besides San Francisco, and the Heart of my dislike is Haight-Ashbury, I always try to enjoy San Fran when I visit friends who live there, I really do, but then the tiny hippy cars start to annoy me, than when I finally find a place to park, I have to walk a ton just to get around. Because my car is too big for most of San Fransisco. Then I visit Haight-Ashbury, and I smell the patchouli oils and I get unreasonable, I start to mutter 'F**king Hippies' then I notice all the Toyota Prius(es) and I see old hippy art on doors, I realize most of the people here are vegan hippies, I usually then run to my 18 foot long Lincoln fire up my 20 year old V8, and put on the darkest Black metal possible and race back to los Angeles.
    HAHAHA, thanx for the laugh.

Bacon is good, when you cook it right!

I had too cause no one else did:
    Last edited by dess; 2013-07-12 at 04:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been a vegetarian for many years. I was vegan at a time too but it was surprisingly time-consuming for me.

I eat plant matter and grains primarily. Fruit is ingested on occasion as well. I don't eat meat of any kind, no dairy milk, no dairy cheese, etc.

I am exceptionally healthy and supplement any missing nutrients. I get extensive multi-panel blood work done and testing once a year to verify that what I eat is keeping me happy, healthy, and alive.
    In the company of thieves, liars, beggars and whores
    I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Perhaps someone could recommend something
    I don't know what kind of bacon you get in the UK, but the primary flavors of US-style bacon are salt, smoke and savory. If that's the kind of bacon you get, perhaps you're just sensitive to one of those flavors?

You can always try Italian style bacon (pancetta), which isn't smoked.

Or just live without it and laugh at the people who are bacon-obsessed.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kowloon View Post
    I have been a vegetarian for many years. I was vegan at a time too but it was surprisingly time-consuming for me.

I eat plant matter and grains primarily. Fruit is ingested on occasion as well. I don't eat meat of any kind, no dairy milk, no dairy cheese, etc.

I am exceptionally healthy and supplement any missing nutrients. I get extensive multi-panel blood work done and testing once a year to verify that what I eat is keeping me happy, healthy, and alive.
    And there it is. A vegan diet isn't complete, it's missing a lot of important stuff.

Deleted
    Fiends of the underworld dont like bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelayah View Post
    And there it is. A vegan diet isn't complete, it's missing a lot of important stuff.
    Vitamin B12. One important stuff missing. Which you only don't get from topsoil crops anymore because of modern processing methods. Hardly "a lot of important stuff".
    Last edited by Velaniz; 2013-07-12 at 05:06 PM.

Deleted
    Vitamin B12. One important stuff missing. Which you don't get from topsoil crops anymore because of processing methods. Hardly "a lot of important stuff".
    nature made you a fleash eater for a reason pal

10+ Year Old Account
    I think bacon is good, but I could easily live without it.