33 16.10%
  • Rabbits are dinner

23 11.22%
  • Both

149 72.68%
Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Rabbits! Pets or Dinner ?

Living in California I've run into very few people who see Rabbits as food, I personally find them to be among the best tasting meats.
    Always figured it's a California thing seeing as how the state is filled to the brim with Anti gun nuts, Liberals,Vegans that wouldn't know country living if it bit them in the ass.

But I could be wrong so I wanted to see what the rest of the world thought about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    I've only had rabbit once. I was 7 years old and it was Easter morning..I was hunting around our apartment looking for hidden candy so I decided to open the oven. Inside was a skinned rabbit.

My mom made rabbit for our meal that night. Not sure if it was a joke on her part or just her doing her cooking thing for us.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the national dish in Malta, can't say it's on a par with duck or goose for taste, but the locals seem to like it.

Don't know why you think it has anything to do with politics though.

I've known some people that have pet rabbits. They seem too stupid to be interesting pets to me. They're certainly delicious though; rabbit pot pie is fantastic, you get a great gravy and very tender meat.

I don't think I have ever tasted rabbit. It's not really a common meat to eat in my country, but I'm sure it's not impossible to get a hold of here.
    I have pet rabbits though, so for me rabbits are pets! I wouldn't mine tasting rabbit but I would never eat my pets. I actually wouldn't mind tasting cat and dog either, or pretty much any meat, aslong as the animal isn't mistreated before it is slaughtered!

Pet! I would never eat rabbit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both, I guess. All depends on your perspective. I saw on TV that there's people in China and Korea who eat dogs. I guess there's something for everybody.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where's the "feral cat food" option?

10+ Year Old Account
    food, no doubt

Deleted
    Both. I've had two as pets, and I've eaten a whole lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    Living in California I've run into very few people who see Rabbits as food, I personally find them to be among the best tasting meats.
    Always figured it's a California thing seeing as how the state is filled to the brim with Anti gun nuts, Liberals,Vegans that wouldn't know country living if it bit them in the ass.

But I could be wrong so I wanted to see what the rest of the world thought about it.
    I am a Liberal, I love meat. What does being Liberal have to do with not liking meat or guns?

BTW:
    Both pet and good eating.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

I don't see why someone would have a rabbit pet other than being cutesy or breeding for food. They are extremely stupid.
    That being said, they are also extremely delicious in various ways.

Related story: A childhood friend of mine was obsessed with his cat. He loved it to death. However it was an unneutered male and it ran off at some point. My friend was devastated. One of these days my father brought some hares back from hunting and we invited said friend's family to dinner. Now, his father was a huge troll and he kept telling him it was cats and not hares. My friend got extremely angry and started crying, thinking he somehow ate his own cat. I keep laughing to this every time I see rabbits or hares :P

Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    I am a Liberal, I love meat. What does being Liberal have to do with not liking meat or guns?
    Some people really hate liberals.

Quote Originally Posted by Count_Satyros View Post
    I don't see why someone would have a rabbit pet other than being cutesy or breeding for food. They are extremely stupid.
    That being said, they are also extremely delicious in various ways.
    Well I just like taking care of animals, stupid or not! Rabbits are maybe not the most fun pets, but I enjoy watching mine(they do some crazy jumps when they are happy), petting them, feeding them and just making sure they are happy! They are also pretty easy pets to keep, they use a litterbox and they don't eat very expensive food.

Deleted
    I'm not a fan of rabbit. Too many bones.

Dinner. Anything that is dumber than a cat cannot be considered a pet. Comon, rabbits and everything that doesn't even listen when you call it isn't a pet. It's something that you put somewhere so you can look at it. Not better than a picture, you just gotta keep it alive in addition to that.

Might as well just eat it.

Depends on where you're from and what your food options are. Personally I've never eaten rabbit but wouldn't be opposed to trying it someday.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldNSilence View Post
    Depends on where you're from and what your food options are. Personally I've never eaten rabbit but wouldn't be opposed to trying it someday.
    Rabbit tastes incredibly good.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a current resident of california, I can't say I've ever met anyone who wasn't aware rabbits were also a meat animal or eaten it. Personally, I'm not a big fan of rabbit either as a pet nor a meal. I don't hate it, but there are a lot of other things I like better.

Also, pretty sure political philosophy has little impact on your palate.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Rabbit tastes incredibly good.
    Incredibly is a bit of a stretch to me. It's good, but not better than a bunch of other meats. For some purposes (stew!), it's very good, but I'd still put it well below a good smoked brisket, pulled pork, or Peking duck. It's good though!