• Both

149 72.68%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Both.

Pet rabbits are adorable.

Rabbit meat however is a bit bland.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I don't get this, but maybe because I'm closer to a lot of farmers than most. Pigs make great pets too, and they're quite intelligent. No complaints about eating those?
    I don't eat pork. I stopped after visiting the zoo and seeing some piglets run around for the first time; I was surprised and disturbed how similar their play was to puppies, it was obvious that they were intelligent animals.

Chicken and fish I don't have any issues eating, and I'm a selfish ass who couldn't give up steak if her life depended on it, so I eat beef too :P

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I don't eat pork. I stopped after visiting the zoo and seeing some piglets run around for the first time; I was surprised and disturbed how similar their play was to puppies, it was obvious that they were intelligent animals.

Chicken and fish I don't have any issues eating, and I'm a selfish ass who couldn't give up steak if her life depended on it, so I eat beef too :P
    Yes, pigs are probably equivalent to, or maybe even more intelligent than dogs (depending on breed). Just saying, I don't understand why people (coming from a US perspective) will eat pork without much question, but are revolted by the thought of eating dog.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Yes, pigs are probably equivalent to, or maybe even more intelligent than dogs (depending on breed). Just saying, I don't understand why people (coming from a US perspective) will eat pork without much question, but are revolted by the thought of eating dog.
    I don't think most people understand how intelligent the animal is. But really, should intelligence matter? For me it does, but should it for most people? I don't know.

I chalk it up to social norms/bias regarding an animal's appearance. If pigs were smaller, cuter and fluffier, I doubt they would be eaten as much in the US as they are currently, and would likely be considered cherished family pets.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have neither had a rabbit as a pet nor ate any. So I see them as both sort of... xD

I think both...unless said rabbit is possessed by Diablo, Lord of Terror...

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...h-this-rabbit/

Don't like rabbit myself, but Im sure people enjoy it. I'll enjoy having rabbits as a pet instead, well my sisters will...:P

So voted both.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    I have had em, they are dumb. They eat, shit and fuck. That is all.
    So going by that definition every other "pet" is dumb as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Avengerx View Post
    So going by that definition every other "pet" is dumb as well.
    no, my cat also sleeps. And poops in a box. And vibrates sometimes. That's three more things, twice as many.

Deleted
    Both! Rabbit soup is amazing, and they are super-cute

no, my cat also sleeps. And poops in a box. And vibrates sometimes. That's three more things, twice as many.
    Rabbits also poop in a box! Their noses vibrate constantly, and they sleep

Quote Originally Posted by Mjau View Post
    Rabbits also poop in a box! Their noses vibrate constantly, and they sleep
    Oh yeah? My cat tells me when she's out of food or water. Beat that, rabbits!

Being a cat person myself, I can't Just saying rabbits aren't really as stupid as people think if they spend some time with them and give them a chance. They wont be cats or dogs however, they'll only be rabbits, but nothing wrong with liking rabbits!

Everything you said so far can be done by rabbits as well. Rabbits can easily express themselves too. Sure they can't meow or bark but they will shake the side of the cage or throw their food bowls around, hell mine even threw it outside the cage because it was empty. Or better, he went and served himself out from the food basket. Same for drinking and water. The signs are there, it's your fault if you don't try to understand them. Same goes for every other pet.

Btw, have you ever wondered why in cartoons, films, stories rabbits are always described as being clever? While cat's are kind of dumbish?
    Last edited by Avengerx; 2013-07-12 at 09:21 PM.

Deleted
    I don't eat rabbits on purpose. If I'm being served, ok, but I won't order it specifically.

That being said, I don't really care what their purpose is.

I say it's a pet until it piddles in my spats. After that, lunch.

But seriously, I've known a few people that have pet rabbits. And all I could do was look at those cute big eyes little innocent creatures and think "That's a waste of some good meat."

I always got a chuckle out of thinking of someones pet as a possible dinner. It makes me appreciate certain cultures ability to eat dog.

In the end, dinner is in the eye of the menu-holder.
    Last edited by Gizmoe; 2013-07-12 at 09:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had rabbit in a little town in Germany called Bacharach. It was delicious. Home cooked in a savory gravy. Oh . . . if only I could go back and eat it again.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Avengerx View Post
    Btw, have you ever wondered why in cartoons, films, stories rabbits are always described as being clever? While cat's are kind of dumbish?
    I didn't ever wonder that. My cat is almost 16 years old, and she can open doors or windows if I don't close them properly, she'll open kitchen cabinets and drag out the things she likes to eat (canned tuna, mostly), and stand over it.....

I never said rabbits are stupid, or anything. But some cats are damn clever.