Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    This looks way too photoshopped.
    Just a 2D slab of cement at a 45 degree angle?

10+ Year Old Account
    Played 2s on the PTR and got this map. It's really boring now IMO and it's really quite hard to kite with considering every class has 5 ways to get back to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's just ugly... Kindda ruins the mood of one who enjoyed it before (And no, I didn't have pushbacks)
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

15+ Year Old Account
    They should just delete Blade's Edge and remodel the whole thing - so many pathing issues in there still - and all the weird gadgety bits screw with cameras horribly.

- lower the external walls to make it feel more open (and so that cameras can fly outside/above them easier - like a colusseum, not a concrete box)
    - remove the bridge entirely
    - lower the platforms and pillars 1/4th (3/4ths current height)
    - maybe add some more pillars into the open areas

Result:
    - we can hopscotch across all the pillars and still knock people off (or ditch people who can't jump properly/consistently)
    - people who are knocked off always have something they can use to LoS handy
    - lower all platforms and no bridge, so it's easier to maintain LoS on people who are still up top (allowing shadowstep/spellcasts even after being knocked off)
    - you can kite people through the ground-floor maze of pillars (or you can burst them down there while they are LOS of teammates), or you can go up top and have open LoS but be at risk of knock-offs

Sounds like a lot more fun for everyone involved.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2013-07-12 at 09:39 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

I dislike Blades Edge as well. I hope they revamp it. Make the bridge wider or something.

Bring back elevators ring of valor 2013
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

My only concern is how well clipping/collision is done when you're underneath the 'ramps', or when trying to cast spells through them... for example how is the LoS going to work? I'd rather the 'bottom' bit of the ramp was completely filled in so it was 100% where you can and cant cast spells through.

Here, 2 taurens will be taller than the ramp but 2 gnomes would be in complete line of sight with each other (even though they use the same 'hitbox' and the visual size of the race doesn't matter - it'll be visually inconsistent when fighting different races).

(admire my paint skills)

Maybe not the entire of the underneath of the ramp should be filled in, but at least half of it so it is clear which part of it does count as LoS and which bit doesn't.
    Last edited by Snuggli; 2013-07-14 at 03:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post

Maybe not the entire of the underneath of the ramp should be filled in, but at least half of it so it is clear which part of it does count as LoS and which bit doesn't.

That's a good idea. Like the existing ramps along the wall. And since you mentioned cows, enough space underneath only at a point a Tauren can walk underneath. Since we're so tall and all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tulkus View Post
    While I despise BEM, this is a bit of an overstatement. Should we remove all pillars from the other maps too? Just have an open, flat space to fight on? Using terrain to your advantage has been a factor in battles since the beginning of time. It is definitely pvp.
    That is why there are still ways to use it but not in an extreme manner like those pillars.

Quote Originally Posted by gestapo View Post
    That's a good idea. Like the existing ramps along the wall. And since you mentioned cows, enough space underneath only at a point a Tauren can walk underneath. Since we're so tall and all.
    Gotta account for Tauren Warriors with Avatar popped

15+ Year Old Account
    This took them months to create? Why the hold up if all they did was slap a shitty-looking ramp on either side of the bridge?

15+ Year Old Account
    My only concern is how well clipping/collision is done when you're underneath the 'ramps', or when trying to cast spells through them... for example how is the LoS going to work? I'd rather the 'bottom' bit of the ramp was completely filled in so it was 100% where you can and cant cast spells through.

Here, 2 taurens will be taller than the ramp but 2 gnomes would be in complete line of sight with each other (even though they use the same 'hitbox' and the visual size of the race doesn't matter - it'll be visually inconsistent when fighting different races).

(admire my paint skills)

My tauren on certain mount has trouble going through the Alliance doors in WSG, and in Wrath I had this problem everywhere in Daralan. I still have this problem Even as undead on certain mounts.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Malist View Post
    That is why there are still ways to use it but not in an extreme manner like those pillars.
    Yup, I agree. I was just trying to point out that using terrain to your advantage is a legitimate strategy. Old BEM was too much.

they need to fix the floor and walls all the arena maps, it is so obnoxious getting "caught" on some lip that you can't really see because they were lazy about building the model to begin with. it is especially bad in the middle area of blades edge, the walls in nagrand, and the ruins of lorderon.

Deleted
    I think they are fixing it because it gives too big advantage to sometype of setups. Setups that you would win on other arena, but cos of mobility and bridge it makes it impossible at blades edge

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    My tauren on certain mount has trouble going through the Alliance doors in WSG, and in Wrath I had this problem everywhere in Daralan. I still have this problem Even as undead on certain mounts.
    Ah. I fondly remember the many deaths in the UC elevators because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Yep, that is exactly my concern. We all, including Blizzard, know that they have bad clipping issues with different races when trying to fit into stuff smaller than them... so does this really deserve any place in rated PvP? I'd rather an ugly functional map than an attractive but broken map.

Yep, that is exactly my concern. We all, including Blizzard, know that they have bad clipping issues with different races when trying to fit into stuff smaller than them... so does this really deserve any place in rated PvP? I'd rather an ugly functional map than an attractive but broken map.
    Ok. This is going to be my comeback when people troll on official forums claiming 'horde bias'. But blizz made us huge and fat!