Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Does interbreeding exist in Azeroth?

Sorry for the creepy terminology, but are certain races not romantically interested in other races in Warcraft? I'm just curious because I've never seen an instance where a Tauren was dating a Panda, or where a Night Elf and a Human had children (although half elves do exist in most fantasy based genres). Anyone ever heard of an instance where this happened in Azeroth, or is interbreeding basically off limits in WoW?

There's these two females in the Alliance city in MoP. One's a human and the other is a dwarf. They have the same last name and flirt with each other, could be a couple.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

It does in my erotic fanfic.

No, seriously - it does.
    Garona Halforcen is a half-orc/Draenei(retconned from Human; not sure how that worked out but whatever) - and had a son with Med'ivh.

The are a few half-breeds already in Warcraft Lore. Rexxar is half ogre/orc I believe and that dead Dalaran leaders twin children are half high elf/human. It does happen but its not really something that comes up within WoW though.

theres a large population(relative) of half high elves half humans.
    and of half orc half dreanei... they're not from happy couples though.

WTB half-cow slave child.

But yeah, Garona Halforcen is probably the best example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    There's these two females in the Alliance city in MoP. One's a human and the other is a dwarf. They have the same last name and flirt with each other, could be a couple.
    There's also a male Pandaren which appears to be flirting with a Draenei, blowing kisses to her periodically, to which she /shy emotes.

Oh, and don't forget the escapades of the late Marcus Jonathan. A Human... A Gnome... A forsaken... A Draenei... Two blood elves...
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Med'an is 1/4 Orc, 1/4 Draenei, 1/2 Human
    (son of previous posted relationship between Medivh and Garona)
    Doesn't get much more mixed than that.
    "And what's the real lesson? Don't leave food in the fridge."
    -Spike Spiegel

Quote Originally Posted by Soki View Post
    It does in my erotic fanfic.

No, seriously - it does.
    Garona Halforcen is a half-orc/Draenei(retconned from Human; not sure how that worked out but whatever) - and had a son with Med'ivh.
    she was a product of gul'dan's rape camps though. not a romantic relationship.

now, that vareesa windrunner and rhonin whatever-his-last-name-is had two children together. there's also turalyon and his windrunner honey, they have a son who lives in the inn at the major alliance quest hub in hellfire. so far we've only seen half orc/half draenei, half orc/half ogre, and half human/half high elf. i'm not sure if orc rapes during the wars have made any children or not, i think the rpg books claimed it, but they aren't canon anymore.

and of course the medan kid, who is a clusterfuck of stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    So far there is only been half Orcs,Half Elves and to my knowledge half what the hell ever Garonna is(it's a joke)
    other than that there numbers are so small they can not be considered yet as in the case of Possible Night Elven/Human hybrids.
    and what has been said i forgot about half Ogres.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    she was a product of gul'dan's rape camps though. not a romantic relationship.

now, that vareesa windrunner and rhonin whatever-his-last-name-is had two children together. there's also turalyon and his windrunner honey, they have a son who lives in the inn at the major alliance quest hub in hellfire. so far we've only seen half orc/half draenei, half orc/half ogre, and half human/half high elf. i'm not sure if orc rapes during the wars have made any children or not, i think the rpg books claimed it, but they aren't canon anymore.
    Im unsure of the exact circumstances, but she had a relationship with Medivh while he was in Karazhan (which spawned an offspring)

Edit: Also the Mok'nathal are Half Orc, Half Ogre; and the Burning Blademaster in Nagrand is also a Half-Orc/Draenei.
    "And what's the real lesson? Don't leave food in the fridge."
    -Spike Spiegel

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaojin View Post
    Im unsure of the exact circumstances, but she had a relationship with Medivh while he was in Karazhan (which spawned an offspring)
    That was a fever dream....nothing more/whistles.
    I do believe lantrecor(If im remembering his name right) in Outland is half Draenei and half Orc.
    Last edited by Shroud; 2013-07-12 at 04:18 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe you should hang around Goldshire. I'm sure some races are interbreeding around there.

10+ Year Old Account
    It does exist, we have:

- Human x High Elf
    - Human x Night Elf
    - Human x Blood Elf
    - Human x Draneai
    - Human x Orcs
    - Human x Draneai
    - Orcs x Trolls
    - Orcs x Ogres

(Half Trolls, etc...)

Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    It does exist, we have:

- Human x High Elf
    - Human x Night Elf
    - Human x Blood Elf
    - Human x Draneai
    - Human x Orcs
    - Human x Draneai
    - Orcs x Trolls
    - Orcs x Ogres

(Half Trolls, etc...)
    what human/orcs, human/blood elf, and orc/trolls are there? is there an npc in game for them? because the rpg books are no longer considered canon.

10+ Year Old Account
    what human/orcs, human/blood elf, and orc/trolls are there? is there an npc in game for them? because the rpg books are no longer considered canon.
    to my knowledge even if there were half Blood Elves and Half Draenei they would probably be 5-6 years old at max.
    Not to mention the animosity between Humans who are Alliance and Blood Elves who are Horde.It can still happen but the odds are very slim.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a half-high elf, half-human NPC in the Honor Hold inn in hellfire peninsula; he's the son of Turalyon and Alleria. Garona Halforcen pops up in-game every now and again. Rexxar is half orc-half ogre.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The canon varies on whether two different races can have children. It's something they've never really clearly set out.

For example, Turalyon and Alleria have a son in Hellfire Peninsula, depicted in game as an elf but presumably he's a half-elf. Garona famously is half orc half Draenei (was originally half human half orc but that got retconned), the explanation is that it was an experiment by Gul'Dan using icky nasty magic (best not to think about it), so they probably can't interbreed naturally. They're unrelated races from different planets, and even species from the same planet can't interbreed here on earth so that makes sense - then again, elves are descended from an indigenous tribe (trolls as it happens) on Azeroth while humans are descended from Vrykul (presumably created by the Titans? Still vague on that), so half-elves shouldn't really exist either.

And of course Rexxar established that half-orc half-ogre is possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Well if a human and high elf can breed, obviously so can a human and blood elf. They're the same race. Arguably human/night elf as well.

Orcs are from Draenor, Trolls are from Azeroth (I should write a book called that) so yeah I seriously doubt that one. But who knows, the lore is a mess :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ohhh cross breeding... I was like..wow.. lol I believe there is some, as already been pointed out in other comments, but not a lot. Too bad they don't have uniquely obvious "mixed race" models.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Arator_the_Redeemer

15+ Year Old Account
    Rhonin and Veressa's kids, they have twin sons I believe.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.