Heroic Horridon help

Hey, My guild is a 2/13H semi casual guild.

We have been stuck on Heroic Horridon. We finally got through all the doors, it's now just jalak raping either raping the hell out of us (once jalak comes down usually one person dies.....or when jalak dies, the tank tanking horridon dies.

if we could get some tips or help....

we usually hero on third door....but now we dont need it at third door so we switched to hero on jalak at the very end.

raid comp is

tanks
    druid
    pally

healers
    disc priest
    disc priest
    resto druid

dps
    rogue
    rogue
    arms warrior
    hunter
    mage

- - - Updated - - -

it says i gotta post a few times before i can submit links....otherwise i would have posted logs

- - - Updated - - -

im tryna "post a few times" and i have but it still wont let me provide a link to the damn logs

- - - Updated - - -

Best i can do is....World of logs > US realms > US Darkspear > Heisenbergs chem class > our most recent log

EDIT logs for those interested: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-geny7nxc8h503c6e/

What is your guardian burning rage into? I see very low usage on savage defense, and not much healing done through frenzied regen either?

Also, with at least 1 disc priest, horridon is very easily 2-healed, as are a good majority of heroic bosses.

Instead of your pally tanking through every door, have the druid take horridon on the last door to allow the pally's debuff to reset naturally. Then have him pick up horridon when Jalak comes down. This way he ought to have a Bop/bubble to reset 1-2 times even when jalak is dead. Once jalak is dead the raid damage cuts all together, healers have plenty of time to top the raid after the dino calls.

I also don't see either of your 2 rogues casting smoke-bomb at all. That is a 20% cooldown, throw that crap on tanks, especially if dinocall/jalak aoe/puncture lines up close together. Also don't see much usage of pain-suppression. 1 cast from each priest in a 10 min attempt? Also no power-word barrier usage on tanks? I see a lot of issues with people just not using highly useful spells that they have in their toolbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post

What is your guardian burning rage into? I see very low usage on savage defense, and not much healing done through frenzied regen either?

Also, with at least 1 disc priest, horridon is very easily 2-healed, as are a good majority of heroic bosses.

Instead of your pally tanking through every door, have the druid take horridon on the last door to allow the pally's debuff to reset naturally. Then have him pick up horridon when Jalak comes down. This way he ought to have a Bop/bubble to reset 1-2 times even when jalak is dead. Once jalak is dead the raid damage cuts all together, healers have plenty of time to top the raid after the dino calls.

I also don't see either of your 2 rogues casting smoke-bomb at all. That is a 20% cooldown, throw that crap on tanks, especially if dinocall/jalak aoe/puncture lines up close together. Also don't see much usage of pain-suppression. 1 cast from each priest in a 10 min attempt? Also no power-word barrier usage on tanks? I see a lot of issues with people just not using highly useful spells that they have in their toolbox.
    in regards to the guardian druid

Which attempt are u talking about?

ALot of savage defense and ALOT of frenzied regen was used but in the "buffs cast" it will be mostly "improved regen"

Frenzied Regeneration 4446941 67.9 %

how high do you expect it to be?

pwb is used on jalak

Lastly, our guild just does better with 3 heals. dps isnt a problem, and we are having trouble surviving the last phase...so...going down a healer wouldnt make sense.
    Last edited by morph757; 2013-07-12 at 06:06 AM.

Deleted
    You can disarm war god jalak, if you aren't already I suggest you try doing this before bestial cries.

I play brewmaster on this fight and usually start out tanking war god and disarming him right before first cry and then have our rogue disarm again when cry and dire call are going to line up.. seeing you have two rogues you can easily do this as well.
    other then that you should put down a raid marker parallel to horridon where you tank war god, that way you can all stack there for defensives such as smoke bombs and barrier which you have more then plenty of, if someone gets the charge on him he just moves out of the place where you stack and gg.

In regards to tanking I warn our paladin tank when war god is about to die and he just immediatly pops his big cooldown, after it runs out I take over and just tank horridon for the rest of the fight without any issues, even without cds up I seem to be just fine.

edit: since you have two discs your tanks can ask for chain pain suppresions when needed, don't forget this since the dmg reduction on it is huge

Quote Originally Posted by morph757 View Post
    Lastly, our guild just does better with 3 heals. dps isnt a problem, and we are having trouble surviving the last phase...so...going down a healer wouldnt make sense.
    We've always 2-healed this with ease. Having 1 more DPS basically means that the last phase doesn't last as long, which makes the healing at that point easier and it reduces the strain on your healers overal as adds die faster. Tanks need to rotate cd's when the enrage happens and the boss can't last very long anymore at that point.

We also 2 heal it (even in the first kill). If there is any possible way try to not bring too many melees. The direhorn is pretty crappy for them to manage and the damage on the adds will really suffer. Keep the druid tank on the boss. Our druid tank does a ton of damage on the boss. The boss is usually 20% lower in the end if tanked by our guardian druid. This helps really a lot especially in the last phase where damage gets massive on the tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by reflection View Post
    Keep the druid tank on the boss. Our druid tank does a ton of damage on the boss. The boss is usually 20% lower in the end if tanked by our guardian druid. This helps really a lot especially in the last phase where damage gets massive on the tanks.
    I actually wanted to do this originally when we first started on heroic horridon last week. The prot Pally would start on the first door, then druid tank would tank the following 3 doors, dpsing horridon down. (since it's only one pally, can't do all doors, due to cd on bop for druid)

Problem is, for whatever reason, 1. our prot pally doesn't seem to do nowhere near as much damage as druid tank on the adds even tho he is going haste. (he is a bit behind in gear)

number 2. he had trouble keeping aggro on adds because of this....which is why we switched it.

anything he should be doing better ?

-The dinomancer should be interrupted extremely quickly so as not to waste damage on Horridon (if he is at 60% instead of 80% when Jalak spawns it helps a lot afterwards because your tank are going to die at some point and you want the boss to be as low life as you can when this happens.)

-There is no reason to 3 heal this fight. Just have your resto druid respec moonkin (disc priest are completely op on this fight)

-Your priests should smite a lot more, especially after the first 2 doors.