Thread: Ji'kun 10m HC!

Ji'kun 10m HC!

Good day, im trying to get my mind set, prepared for sunday's ji'kun.. But i just don't get it to work..

I know at HC mode the feather stacks you get is reduced to 3, thats ok with the 3 lower nests, a tanks just get down with us on the first, and get a stack aswell, and join us on the second nest to tank the nest guardian, and the normal grp goes alone to the 3 lower nest afterwards and refresh the stacks to 3 again, but then.. How can 3 be enough for the 3 upper platforms? You cant fly straight from the 3'rd lower nest and up to the 4'rd upper nest? Does the flight time last long enough?

#And can an unlimited ppl get down on the first nest and get a stack of feathers?? Or whats the maximum??
    Last edited by Lupercus; 2013-07-12 at 09:39 AM.

Deleted
    You need to organise two groups to manage all the possible nests, the best example of this that I can remember is the Fatboss guide.

Deleted
    Yeah, you need two groups and both tanks need to be rotated aswell.

We used this table from Fatboss when we started progressing on it - Nest assignments.

And no, there are only 4 feathers on each lower nest, so only 4 people can grab one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Group 1 goes to nest 1, 3, 5
    Group 2 goes to nest 2, 4, 6

And then repeat as necessary.
    Note: Don't fly down, just jump.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariol View Post
    Yeah, you need two groups and both tanks need to be rotated aswell.

We used this table from Fatboss when we started progressing on it - Nest assignments.

And no, there are only 4 feathers on each lower nest, so only 4 people can grab one.

Ah, awesome.. But the fatboss settlement says that grp one goes down to 3rd nest #1(use 1 feather to get up again / #2 BUFF (use 1 feather to get the buff) / #3 Fifth UPPER (1feather) And then, wheres the last feather to get to the Six upper for grp 1??

Or are the GRP 1 Staying down on the third nest and waiting for the feed young to come, and then flies up?
    Last edited by Lupercus; 2013-07-12 at 10:17 AM.

We found it WAY easier to have a dedicated group for the nests and one off group. Basically you want to have classes with good AoE capabilities in the nest group. They go 1,3,4,5,6,7,9. I think on every second platform (2,4,6,8,10) a tank has to join. The other group just does 2,8,10. On platform 8 they should use cooldowns to get the adds down as fast as possible and then move up to platform 10 with a stop on the main platform in between. As soon as you get to 30% boss hp stop going to platforms, pull heroism/bloodlust and nuke the hell out of the boss.

Move down to platform 8 a few seconds earlier, because add spawn and the wind thingy will overlap, thus getting a real pain in the ass to jump down.

On the first nest you can add a melee that can grab a feather and stay on the platform. The other feathers can be used to get the damage buff.

10+ Year Old Account
    We always have just one group dedicated to the nest.

- Frost DK/Feral who switches to Blood Presence/Bear Form for the Nest Guardians.
    Our DK was specced Unholy unintentionally last lockout and he said Unholy is inferior for the Nest Guardian job. Just for your notes.
    - Mage
    - Healer (usually a paladin)

They do all the nests on their own, none uf us tanks has to get a feather.
    Of course they have to jump down occasionally to spare a feather, which took a few tries of figuring out, but it works well since then.

You should have your Nest group in a different teamspeak channel if you're doing it this way.

----

If you're not having the luxory of our setup, then yeah one tank must get a feather and join the group for the Guardian.
    But if you got a death knight or feral I would try as above - saves time and the tank has more time to soak up some nasty positioned slime :-)

Edit: Good luck!
    Last edited by Pippo89; 2013-07-12 at 11:09 AM.
    We are as God intended. Fallible, yet capable of great things.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's been covered well already, but my group uses a pretty different strategy.

We 2 heal with both healers on the main platform. My primary job (MW monk) is to soak pools with healing spheres while the other healer manages healing tank/raid. We have two pure dps groups set for nests, with tanks swapping between nests with guardians. On Quills we use personals/healthstones/healing pots (since dps isn't really a concern). Nests go down quick with full dps so we get a lot of uptime on boss. Our kills are pretty quick.

Side question 1: do the feathers stack? I.e. if I pick one from the very first plat (3 stacks) and only use it to go back up (now 2 stacks) if I go down to another plat, say, 3rd, and I walk over another feather, will I get 3 more stacks on top of the 2 I already had? Was wondering about this yesterday since I'm not on group 2 anymore and I'd like to get as many feathers (thus fly to get more buff) as possible.

Side question 2: if I soak a goo pool, do I get another stack of the primal nutrient? Or is the primal nutrient buff only avail when hes doing feed young (i.e. picked up in the air)?

My Group we got it set up like this

Nest 1 Group A Tank A
    Nest 2 Group B Tank B
    Nest 3 Group A
    Nest 4 Group A Tank A
    Nest 5 Group A
    Nest 6 Group A
    Nest 7 Group A
    Nest 8 Group B Tank B
    Nest 9 Group A
    Nest 10 Group B
    Nest 11 Group A
    Nest 12 Group A Tank B
    Nest 13 4 DPS AND nuke boss

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by land View Post
    Side question 1: do the feathers stack? I.e. if I pick one from the very first plat (3 stacks) and only use it to go back up (now 2 stacks) if I go down to another plat, say, 3rd, and I walk over another feather, will I get 3 more stacks on top of the 2 I already had? Was wondering about this yesterday since I'm not on group 2 anymore and I'd like to get as many feathers (thus fly to get more buff) as possible.

Side question 2: if I soak a goo pool, do I get another stack of the primal nutrient? Or is the primal nutrient buff only avail when hes doing feed young (i.e. picked up in the air)?
    they do stack but wont ever go over 4 stacks

Quote Originally Posted by land View Post

1: I believe you can only have 4 stacks maximum. For the group getting the first nest, you use one to get back up (now at 2), then you need to spend one more (we grabbed the first feed young when we got up so we had dps time on the boss) before you go down to the third nest (now at 1 stack). You refresh your stacks on the third nest so you have 4. One to get back up, then one for the three upper nests.

2: No. Only available in the air.

But yeah this fight is really comp. dependant. You'll probably see 100 different strategies that all work fine.
    Last edited by Rocksteadee; 2013-07-12 at 03:46 PM.

To be honest you shouldn't need to go to that many nests.

Our group started heroics recently and we go like this..

Nest 1 Lower - Group 1. (2 dps and 1 healer) (plus our rogue who tunnels boss)
    Nest 2 Lower - Group 2. (1 tank, 2 dps, 1 healer)
    Nest 3 Lower - Group 1.
    Nest 4 Upper - Group 2. (Tank from Group 2 for Guardian)
    Nest 5 Upper - Group 1. ** fly straight to nest 6**
    Nest 6 Upper - Group 1.

Nest 7 Lower - 4 Dps go down for feather

Lust & Tunnel boss from this point.

You shouldn't have a problem at all this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Raioku View Post
    To be honest you shouldn't need to go to that many nests.

Our group started heroics recently and we go like this..

Nest 1 Lower - Group 1. (2 dps and 1 healer) (plus our rogue who tunnels boss)
    Nest 2 Lower - Group 2. (1 tank, 2 dps, 1 healer)
    Nest 3 Lower - Group 1.
    Nest 4 Upper - Group 2. (Tank from Group 2 for Guardian)
    Nest 5 Upper - Group 1. ** fly straight to nest 6**
    Nest 6 Upper - Group 1.

Nest 7 Lower - 4 Dps go down for feather

Lust & Tunnel boss from this point.

You shouldn't have a problem at all this way.
    Sounds good, our grp has quite decent dps, and with a rogue with 540 ilvl that tunnels the boss could have a nice advantage of getting the buff..

But why go straight to nest 6? why not just down, get the buff and then fly to 6? May could the raid out down on the plattform ect healing, before were going to nest 6.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have a lot of Damage you can try what we do: 2 Healers - 4 dds nest #1; 2 dds (not the same as #1) + 1 heal + 1 tank nest #2 - BL/zerg - win

Edit: We don't even have that much DPS, but it took only 3 tries... http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/l...?s=7026&e=7339

Quote Originally Posted by Lupercus View Post
    Sounds good, our grp has quite decent dps, and with a rogue with 540 ilvl that tunnels the boss could have a nice advantage of getting the buff..

But why go straight to nest 6? why not just down, get the buff and then fly to 6? May could the raid out down on the plattform ect healing, before were going to nest 6.
    Our rogue is also 540 ilvl and does a large chunk of the dmg to the boss. As for jumping down then coming back up, I dont think there is a very much time between the 2 so our dps just fly from one to the other. As well as that being their last feather.

We have one group of three people do all but three of the nests (2, 8, and 10). We have 2 DPS and a healer that drop down for nests 2 and 8, then those same two DPS go up to nest 10. One tank drops down to Nest 2 and flies up to nest 4. The other tank, as long as you don't mess up you talon rake stacks, then goes to nest 8 and nest 12.

We also send an extra DPS down to nests 1, 3, 7, and 9 to pick up feathers for grabbing feed buffs while DPSing the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupercus View Post
    Iirc between 5 (second upper) and 6 (middle upper) nest boss does Downdraft so you won't be able to dps her too much anyway.