Deleted

Help with arms rotation

Hi all, i am a prot war with a arms offspec and i think im doing something wrong with my rotation,

my rotation is:
    CS
    MS
    Slam
    OP
    OP (or CS if SD procced)

When i use my cds
    BB+Reck+Banner
    DR
    CS
    MS
    Slam
    Slam
    Slam (or CS if SD procced)

and my execute phase is simply built up rage to use when i have CS up (CS, spam EXE until i have rage, then MS and free op to build rage)

am i doing something wrong?can i squeeze more dps? this is my armory http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...azile/advanced (yes, i miss some enchant)

thanks to anyone who wants to help a fellow warrior

PS: oh i forgot, i have gaze LFR in my bags...but seems to me that last order are better for my dps, am i wrong?
    Last edited by mmoca894846dd0; 2013-07-12 at 12:57 PM.

Use mortal strike on cd no matter what. Also use it at the start not after CS because you can use it again during CS. Outside of reck, it's best not to use slam ever unless you are in danger of rage capping. Heroic strike is better most of the time though.

That's about it I think. The arms rotation is really simple and it's not the kind of spec that does good numbers so don't expect much.

Ok as noone else has jumped in here to help I'll offer what I believe to be correct. First off discard just about everything pkm said. Slam is your hardest hitting ability and you want as many as possible inside CS. When CS is available then your rotation is

MS
    CS
    Slam
    Slam
    Slam

Outside of CS

MS
    OP
    OP
    OP
    MS

You never use HS unless you are about to cap range. Your execute rotation seems fine. This may not be 100% accurate but is closer than pkm suggested.

Deleted
    thanks! 10char

Deleted
    Don't use DR with reck up, banner + DR first, then reck with your CS burst, you can delay your CDs at the start one/several MS cycle(s) if you don't have enough rage or the trinket procs you need for full CS burst, have not played arms in a while though so not sure if you need to. If you have the fabled feather of ji kun you should wait for it to proc and do your CD's when the strength stacks are high.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Candiman View Post
    Ok as noone else has jumped in here to help I'll offer what I believe to be correct. First off discard just about everything pkm said. Slam is your hardest hitting ability and you want as many as possible inside CS. When CS is available then your rotation is

MS
    CS
    Slam
    Slam
    Slam

Outside of CS

MS
    OP
    OP
    OP
    MS

You never use HS unless you are about to cap range. Your execute rotation seems fine. This may not be 100% accurate but is closer than pkm suggested.
    No, actually he's right. Overpower is a 1 sec GCD, and reduces the CD on MS, and more MS = more rage over time = more damage. Slam is a filler, unless you're under Reck/Banner.

MS > CS > OP > OP
    MS > OP > OP > "Rage Free Filler"
    MS > OP > OP > Slam

That's basically how it goes. If you get a CS proc, squeeze it in any time you're don't already have CS debuff on the target, and don't delay MS for it.

I wasn't absolutely sure of the rotation it was more the HS is better than slam I had a problem with.

Warriors are destroyed , they dont have any rotation now .. its crushing keyboard mode now . Warriors was the class with the most complex rotation . Not everyone could do the same amount of burst in arena or keep constant dps . Im talking about every expansion till Cata not that Cata was bad as a warrior but it keeps geting easier . And Now in MOP were you generate rage with using the major ability destroys the class witch was specific and extremly intresting to play or MASTER!. Now everyone can play it like they mastered it (DMG wise) .

It depends a little if you want to use 3xOP during CS and have 0.6 sec left for the last ability or 2xOP and have 0.1 sec left for the last ability. If you go with 3xOP which is a lot easier to do you want to MS>OP>Slam>OP when CS isn't up so you end up with 3 tfb stacks if CS procs right before a MS. Use HS during CS as arms without ragestarving yourself if you are close to capping rage you probably didn't HS enough during the last CS and if you don't have enough rage to fill all gcds with OP/slam you used HS too much. It's not like fury where you have to get as many HS into CS as possible.

As for your cooldowns just take a look at the fury guide you don't want to use reck with dragonroar since it always crits.

Proper priority
    MS
    CS when 0.6 sec of debuff or less is left
    Execute if CS is up or at high rage
    Slam if reck+T154p are up
    OP the right amount
    Slam

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerodyne View Post
    No, actually he's right. Overpower is a 1 sec GCD, and reduces the CD on MS, and more MS = more rage over time = more damage. Slam is a filler, unless you're under Reck/Banner.

MS > CS > OP > OP
    MS > OP > OP > "Rage Free Filler"
    MS > OP > OP > Slam

That's basically how it goes. If you get a CS proc, squeeze it in any time you're don't already have CS debuff on the target, and don't delay MS for it.
    what do you mean with rage free filler? like cs?