Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Name one character that was evil from the get go.
    Garrosh Hellscream.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by koawinter View Post
    Don't try to befuddle things. Corruption doesn't take away the responsibility for ones actions. Deathwing may have been "corrupted" but he still chose to a) listen and b) act on those things. Don't try to take away the responsibility of characters just because they chose less savory paths!
    Listening does not make one evil, if you choose not to listen anyone who you presume "no-good", you may condemn some misunderstood good guys (not saying DW was one). Wisdom lives in an open mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did earlier. Based on existing lore, all Dreadlords are pure evil. Name one that has done single good deed.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    there's no such a thing as pure evil.
    i'm pure evil
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    They ret-conned Sargeras' story. Originally, yes, he was a nice guy... and the Eredar corrupted him. Now, he was evil to start with and he corrupted the Eredar, leading the Draenei to splinter off from them.
    no they didnt. That part wasnt retconned, he was good and eventually fell to the chaos he constantly fought against. he was extremely good to the point where he couldnt conceive of what evil and chaos was other than it being bad. His alignment was extremely binary rather than being a range of shades. Chaos just kept cropping up no matter how hard he fought. Order was supposed to be the way, why couldnt it stamp out chaos permanently and how could it possibly keep cropping up? It broke his faith in order and he flipped like a switch to the opposite extreme. No room for adjustment, no bending, means you shatter. For living beings, that can mean flipping ot the opposite extremes.

But yeah. its still in the lore that the chaos in the universe drove him nuts. Just without the eredar. i like to think that the eredar joined him while he was on his descending path, but thats fanwank.

pure evil cannot be judged by the past but only the present, the current alignment. This is because it is an unreliable measure of their evil and miscontrue's the data concerning their dispicable nature and actions. Much like how in economics, a poor analysis will reveal data that does not align with the actual values and facts concerning the subject being analzyed and its environment. this leads to decisions based on erroneous data and thus decisions that are side swipped by the subject and its environment behaving in a manner completely different than the data said it would.

as far as we know, dreadlords are evil through and through.

10+ Year Old Account
    of course there is. well you can argue evil is just a state of principles, there really are those who are the rotten to the core, chaos loving, death worshiping bastards. Gul'dan, Kel'thzard, Any legion character, the old gods and there minions, all are chaotic bringers of death and discord.

If you ask a question on who is evil on the principle of what makes someone evil as opposed to good, then these characters fit the role.
    And some character who started off good became evil because of other sources as the ones mentioned above, The lich king because of the legion, deathwing because of the old gods, Azshara because.. well she was always kinda nasty, but made worse the more powerful she became.
    #boycottchina

Hogger is pure evil, he has no reasons to kill and rule dah world!

Quote Originally Posted by Dethekk View Post
    Listening does not make one evil, if you choose not to listen anyone who you presume "no-good", you may condemn some misunderstood good guys (not saying DW was one). Wisdom lives in an open mind.
    Wisdom doesn't mean listening to KNOWN madmen. The Old Gods qualify as evil, choosing to listen to CHAOS (which they represent) opens up a large can of worms. People can feel evil, they can feel the uneasiness of lies and deceit. Wisdom is turning away from that, not listening to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    I did earlier. Based on existing lore, all Dreadlords are pure evil. Name one that has done single good deed.
    Hardly evidence of such. We don't know what they are like before, what they were like before, and what they are like before.

Lei Shen was pretty evil tbh. Enslaving races and working them to starvation sounds pretty evil imo. Deathwing was "corrupted" - not evil. LK corrupted. The Old Gods are deemed Evil, and so is Sargeras tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pure evil?

Old Gods, Nathrezim, and Titans.

First two are self explanatory, while Titans is another thing. Titans go around, forcing their will onto other planets, and if that planet does not go along with their will, it gets reoriginated, basically all life wiped out and started again. To me, Titans are a species of people that think themselves gods, and they think they have the right to mold the worlds they visit however they wish. When the titans arrived, there were already sentient beings with powerful empires, yet they didnt care.

They are not my gods. To me, they simply are a menace that are willing to wipe me out for the simple fact... Im not a species they created.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyrax View Post
    Lei Shen was pretty evil tbh. Enslaving races and working them to starvation sounds pretty evil imo.
    Was Stalin evil too then? He did the exact same. Or was it just a tyrant?

Basic Campfire!!!!
    It's anger keeps it's flame burning eternally.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Isn't a tyrant an evil leader ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Is that a serious question?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I dont even think deathwing or the lich king were pure evil. They were insane/misunderstood.
    True, I never really understood the Lich King's motives. I mean Arthas was good...mostly and Ner'Zhul was also good as he spoke out against the orcs' alliance with the Legion so Archimonde killed him and enslaved him and ordered him to conquer Azeroth. After Arthas kills the dreadlords that were supposed to be his wardens, in WC3, Ner'Zhul was free of the Legion.

It would have made more sense that the Lich King would have gone against the Legion for revenge, not turn against Azeroth. Makes no damn sense, other than Metzen failing again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorine View Post
    Isn't a tyrant an evil leader ?
    No, just an egoistical powerhungry sadist.

Corki.

No way did he get caught repeatedly on purpose. He just wanted to see his captors killed, and the heroes tire out from saving him. Like the evil bastard he is.

No one is truly evil, one so called "evil" person truly believes what they do seems right and no one can tell them any differently, they are only called "evil" because someone somewhere disagrees with their beliefs

In a sense, the "evil" side of things is technically "good" because the so called "good" side almost always starts the conflict against the so called "evil" side