Bug sting remedies

Today while visiting family I was stung by a tarantula hawk, never have I experienced such sheer pain in my life. It got my in the back of the leg and I can barely walk. I screamed at the top of my lungs and dropped my iPhone. I wanted to go to the urgent care but its closed and the hospital near me is really a trauma hospital and there are people that need the doctors more than me.

I tried everything Web MD and Google told me even took some hydrocodone to lessen the pain won't work. It still feels like 10,000 daggers were thrusted in my leg. I got stung at 5:30 PM.

Anybody have any remedies, or am I pretty much screwed till the pain goes away?

10+ Year Old Account
    Their sting usually only lasts about 5 minutes... how much time has passed since then? (don't know what time zone you are)

3 hours still really sore

You might wanna go get that checked out. A few years ago I got stung by like 10+ bees and it was only sore for like an hour or so, getting stung by 1 shouldn't be that bad. If you don't wanna see a doctor, I heard bananas help with stings, like if you rub it on the wound, absolutely no idea if it's legit though.

Old wise cure: Nicotine. Grab a cigarette and take the paper off and press it up against the sting. The nicotine in the cig will soak up the venom. Did this myself more then a few times.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always used bleach for wasp stings. But I've never been stung by one of those.

May not reduce the immediate pain, but Ice will reduce any inflammation caused by damned near anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's a tarantula hawk? O.o

I would Google it, but I'd rather not be bombarded with pictures of 28350917590823759 spiders just at the mention of the word "tarantula" and I'm too lazy to disable picture loading.

Fucking wasps, I am on a mission from God to wipe everyone of these fuckers off the face of the planet.

I think that, if it's been three hours, you're probably too late as the skin has closed already.
    Otherwise, there's some herbal things you could consider. Also: Vinegar.

Have you checked, by the way, if the venom sack was still there after the wasp let go? It happens, and if it does, the sack keeps on pumping venom (until it's empty). Scratching it may cause the venom sack to break off of the needle, which can result in the needle still being in your leg... Which would making it a stinging-venom coated splinter.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    What's a tarantula hawk? O.o

I would Google it, but I'd rather not be bombarded with pictures of 28350917590823759 spiders just at the mention of the word "tarantula" and I'm too lazy to disable picture loading.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarantula_hawk The first link which Google gave to me! Also called spider wasp.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

I have no cure for the bug bite, but I've never heard of a tarantula hawk until this thread. I googled it and found a wiki for it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarantula_hawk That is one scary looking mutha trucka. If it still hurts so bad maybe you should go to an ER. Do you have any insect specificly bee allergies.

Deleted
    A lot of the fluids injected by bees and wasps are quickly neutralised by raw garlic being rubbed on the wound. Cut a clove open so some juice can come out and run it on the open wound, hold the garlic there for some time if you want, it doesn't hurt. I ve never had experience with such a wasp so you never know, but as i said, it can't harm you so do it.