Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

what food contains most proteins without much fat/carbs ?

what food contains most proteins but without containing much fat/carbs at the same time ? ofc it will be meat, but what exactly ? a good example is chicken breast, but its tricky cuz to cook it u need to add some oil too so it doesnt burn. boiling it is not an option.

other foods like dry smoked poultry sausage or fishes (salmon, mackerel) also contain hidden fat.

i need to cut fats from my diet. but how to do that ?? i cant exceed 40 grams a day

Fat isn't bad and is vital to an everyday diet. Protein/Fat/Carbs are the macronutrients essential for bodybuilding and dieting but lean meat and egg whites are good.
    Last edited by Tommy T; 2013-07-12 at 02:57 PM.

Deleted
    Insects, they have x9 the protein of chicken.

You cant cut too much fat from you diet or you body goes 'oh shit' and starts storing it up, counter productive.

you're probably better off hitting up google or browsing a body building or nutrition forum than asking a gaming website forum and patiently waiting. it's probably REALLY easy information to find

Chicken breasts are pretty much the best choice here, although not sure where you need to add oil so it doesn't burn. Maybe get a George Foreman grill or something? Also, the amount of oil you'd add to cook(not fry) something isn't realllllly going to be a problem. Also, you should check out some tilapia. But make sure you have pam/non-stick spray.

If there's a strong vegetarian/vegan they could help you out here with other suggestions, like certain beans or (maybe)kale.

There's always pure whey powder. Supplements are your friend :-)

Deleted
    You can get one cal(orie) spray oils for non stick cooking, also the option of microwave (rubbery) or grilling. Just avoid adding fats to food than the fats naturally in them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe you're more likely to find this sort of information in the Sports section of MMO-Champ rather than in the General Off-Topics.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    Protein/Fat/Carbs are the micronutrients essential for bodybuilding and dieting but lean meat and egg whites are good.
    That would be macronutrients actually. But yeah, egg whites are an amazing source of protein that barely contain anything else. Someone else also suggested isolated soy/whey/casein/hemp protein, which are great too.

Extra firm tofu also has heaps of protein, with half as much fat, and not much else. Really low calorie count, AND heaps of iron/calcium too. Then you have also lentils that can be up to 30% protein by dry mass, with some carbs though (but that's not a bad thing), and also legumes.

For non-burnt chicken add a bit of water to the pan and cover with aluminum foil ... bake.

Soy, Skim Milk, Chicken Breast, Turkey Breast, Shrimp

The amount of fat you get from meat itself is rarely the issue. The issue is how you prepare it and the condiments you use with it. Cheese, mayo, salad dressing, oils obviously... I wouldn't worry about the 5-6g of fat per 1/4lb of salmon, but rather the 7.5g of fat in the 1 tbs of tartar sauce.

And obvious any desert foods or pastry type breads. Flaky crusts are only achieved through fat.

Beef jerky. Expensive but high in protein and low in fat. Abit high in sodium though.

Deleted
    Don't look that much into it. IF you're working out ( bodybuilding, other heavy sports ) keep track of your macros and take each of them throughout all of your meals.
    IF you want a purely protein meal but cannot afford the 5-10 more grams of fat from the cooking oil, pick a tuna / mackerel in water, canned. Mackerel has @ 29 ( that's what it says on the one I just bought ) grams of protein per 100 grams when cooked.
    You could also try some fat free cottage cheese ( not so tasty, but you need dem gains right? ) which can bring you @ 35-40 grams of protein per 175 grams.

ps: When one source of protein doesn't bring enough to one meal, use more sources ( example: eggwhites + low fat cheese + whole wheat bread + fiber1 cereal+ skim milk )

Deleted
    http://people.howstuffworks.com/entomophagy3.htm

There you go, caterpillars are the way forward ' 28 grams of protein per 100 grams. They're also loaded with iron, thiamine and niacin.'

Grubs up

10+ Year Old Account
    Bake or grill your chicken if you are worried about grease or oil

10+ Year Old Account
    Grilled chicken. Grilled fish.

Lentils have carbs, but a reasonable amount, and are low in fats and very high in proteins. Plus lentil soup is delicious.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Contrary to popular belief, you do NOT have to eat meat to get plenty of protein.

Take soy beans, for example. Excellent source of it, with little to no fat/carbs.
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Batix View Post
    Contrary to popular belief, you do NOT have to eat meat to get plenty of protein.

Take soy beans, for example. Excellent source of it, with little to no fat/carbs.
    Yeah, but why wouldn't you just eat meat?

If you're trying to lose weight, go for a keto diet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Meat in general doesn't have carbs. But the whole Carb thing is crap from my experience and people at the gym. It's calories burned vs calories obtained.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeakanice View Post
    Meat in general doesn't have carbs. But the whole Carb thing is crap from my experience and people at the gym. It's calories burned vs calories obtained.
    Why is it when people say "from my experience" it's inevitably followed by something extremely ignorant?

There's a lot more that goes into weight gain and loss than calories in/calories out. While it is a fundamental -aspect-, it is not the entirety of the formula.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Yeah, but why wouldn't you just eat meat?

If you're trying to lose weight, go for a keto diet.
    Because some people find meat repulsive. Furthermore, our PH is actually balanced for a vegetarian diet. Our stomachs CAN process meat, but it has never been, and never will be a necessity.
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.