Which Class/Spec has the highest skill cap (PvE only).

Post which class/spec you think has the highest PvE skillcap!

15+ Year Old Account
    arcane mage

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiino View Post
    arcane mage
    This person speaks the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiino View Post
    arcane mage
    Wrong. Elemental shaman!

To be honest, feral druid (melee), demonology warlock (range), brewmaster monk (tank) and either resto druid or mistweaver monk (healer) are getting my vote.
    Not really sure about the healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Slogthor View Post
    mistweaver monk.
    Really? I find mistweavers to have pretty low skillcap

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaosturn View Post
    Really? I find mistweavers to have pretty low skillcap
    Mmmm, I don't think it's really possible (or correct) to compare healers skillcap-wise.
    You can probably say that priests (both) and mistweavers have the highest output with the lowest effort, but this doesn't mean that rdruid or rshamans are difficult to play correctly.
    Dps are way easier to compare in terms of rotation and utility.

Masterfrost DK

Quote Originally Posted by noskillz View Post
    Mmmm, I don't think it's really possible (or correct) to compare healers skillcap-wise.
    You can probably say that priests (both) and mistweavers have the highest output with the lowest effort, but this doesn't mean that rdruid or rshamans are difficult to play correctly.
    Dps are way easier to compare in terms of rotation and utility.
    Tanking is Skill.
    Dps is Science.
    Healing is art.

Blood DK is by far the only tank that scales with playstyle other tanks just spam their rotation while a good Blood DK always times his Deathstrikes. so from a Tank PoV i would say DK even though a good warri has a lot to do too with safeguarding people and his utility. no idea about DPSers though. and yes i played any tankclass

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by forsworn View Post
    Tanking is Skill.
    Dps is Science.
    Healing is art.
    i like that. it's kind of like a beautiful haiku.
    Hi

Every class has a high skill cap if you want to truly amaze your raid members on every pull. Folks point to my class/spec as being one of the easiest ones, and the basic rotation is, indeed, very rudimentary and simple. As a result, though, every pull presents a challenge in terms of overcoming the limitations of the class and doing things that were designed for different and, in some ways, better tanks. We lack encounter-breaking cooldowns/passives, massive self-healing, or a shield to reduce the size of hits coming in. The dynamic is that of a pure power tank, bear vs. boss. The upside is that played properly, Druid take less damage than any other tank, but practically all of that has to be covered by a healer. It's a case where the skill cap comes not from the complexity of the class, but its simplicity. Though it may have been a joking post, Arcane Mage as the first reply is another excellent example of the same phenomenon. The rotation is simple; the challenge comes from the limitation of needing to be a turret on encounters that actively prevent you from standing still. Shadow Priests and Balance Druids fall into this category as well.

Then there are specs that have a complicated or unfriendly rotation, but that also can bail themselves out of adverse situations extremely easily and are generally able to perform to their full potential on every fight. Fury Warrior, Sub Rogue, Enhancement Shaman, Feral Druid, and any Warlock would be good examples of this. They have excellent survivability, self-healing, extensive mobility tools, etc. Fire Mage slightly less so, but it puts out extraordinarily high DPS.

There is one outlier, in terms of a class that is both complex to play and has a challenge performing to full potential on many PvE encounters. That is the poor Combat Rogue.

Then there are the classes that are easy to play and easy to master, but don't always light up the charts. Those are your Hunters, Elemental Shamans, Ret Paladins, Arms Warriors, Frost Mages.

Affliction locks take a great deal of skill to master in pve its one of those specs that has insane dps potential but its extremely unforgiving if you mess up your rotation.

Deleted
    before 5.0 shadow priest,
    now boomkin

nuff said

Deleted
    Enhancement shaman (fucking retarded how many keys they have!), feral druid, sub rogue, affliction lock, demo lock.

I vote Feral druid.