Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by risingforce View Post
    Lol.

Actually, it is YOU that has moved 'so far away from what [it] used to be'. If you've been playing for 9 years what do you expect? It's natural you feel less inclined to play the game, you are NINE years older since you first saw Vanilla --so please don't insinuate that the 'cash shop' is the end of the road for you. All games have a natural growth decay, as do economies and cities. The features to population ratio has to increase to both retain new and old customers; the Blizzard Store is a natural evolution in the growth of WoW and one that embraces what most players would expect.

It is only the hard nosed, long in the tooth naysayers (not you personally) that complain about such commodities being added to a well updated game -both within the game and without.

For all of the 'hardcore' or 'purists' I say this: these additions to the Store affect you not.

As for 'implications' (sic) that so many people are trolling for, I wouldn't waste my time arguing with such puerile nonsense!

It's about time WoW gamers grew up and stick to their own niches if they can't embrace others' -if you don't like the 'Store then good for you, enjoy your game, your play experience hasn't changed one bit for it!!
    I've changed over the 9 years, absolutely. Over the years i've responded well to the majority of changes to the game - for better or worse.

I love games that reward time commitment. I do not stomp my feet and demand on the forums that WoW should continue to behave that way; but for me, it was a big part of spending my time playing it. Don't ask me to "don't insinuate that the cash stop is the end of the road". It is; why can't you understand that?

As i said in my post - i wish everyone else the best of luck and hope that it doesn't go too far.

Live and let live etc.
    Kanx - Protection Warrior (Armory)

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzards intro lol

Well, look at that. Blizzard cares about designing proper good looking items as long as real money is involved. Basically everything else has been stale this expansion.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    As long as the store remains a vanity store I am perfectly fine with it. The only thing that bothers me is they lack on creativity with the Tier/pvp armor sets and then come out with really awesome stuff that we will need to spend IRL money on....wtf Blizzard. WoW will die because of poor decisions they make such as that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    To survive? Really?

Yes, let's pretend they don't have plenty of money and this is just a necessary evil. God forbid a company starts making less money off a game after 9 years. Do you really think they can't make a profit with 8 mil subscribers without an ingame shop?
    I don't doubt that - I'm absolutely sure they can turn profit, even with 1M subs.

But it's not about that - it's about making more profit than they did the in the same quarter previous year and the year before that. If this was their first year, then champagne would be flowing and there would be no need for cash shops. But it isn't so they're being compared to last good numbers - and have to try to deliver more - or at least try to break down the slide. I'm sure their board/shareholders are aware they can't get back to the heydays of the past but it doesn't mean they accept a shrug and a "well we still have some subs" as an explanation to declining profits.

They haven't done anything about sub prices in all these years, so playing WoW is now cheaper than ever (declining profit curve).
    And in that climate, the cash shop makes sense as extra rev. stream.

And about them having a lot of money.. I wouldn't know. Quite often the profits from past years have been reinvested/shared as dividends so I'd be surprised if they actually had a lot of money sitting in their bank account. Companies tend to live by their cash flows these days - not past savings.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was quite a ride, but this is the last drop for me. I have canceled my subscription and I hope, that it is clear message for guys at Blizzard. I know, I am just one player, but still, in my eyes, this is the best way how to say to Blizzard, that they are not anymore doing thing, which is worth my money. I do not care about the argument "it is only cosmetic", I simply think, that it is non-ethical and greedy from Blizzard, even if they are ordinary company and they need to make money. Few years back, I was able to accept pets store, but the game is not the shiny extraordinary super blockbuster nowadays, and I am not willing to support Blizzard in their work anymore.
    Last edited by Deffry; 2013-07-14 at 10:34 PM.

Deleted
    Lol at those fugly helms and lol at blizzard mad supporters.

Deleted
    It is kinda funny how they push out shitugly tier sets now but as soon as its something they can earn more money from they make it amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempeste View Post
    Actually it did. How many times have you seen a datamined mount or pet model here and gone "Oh that looks too good, must be for the store". Not to mention people had been asking for a bat mount for ages, and they finally get one, but oh wait you have to pay extra, sorry!

- - - Updated - - -

I remember when this game came out, one of the devs said something like "We will never charge you money outside of your subscription for any content", back when EQ and Asian games were doing so and they were trying to lord over people that they were better than that. It was what made a lot of people pick WoW over other games.

Then the sparkle pony came, and everyone defended them despite this. Then the pets. And now this. Where does the line end? Have people just forgotten what other games were like who went down this route? Why does Blizzard get a free pass when a lot of people have seen how this kind of road has turned out in other games? And yes, they started with "just cosmetics", too. Many of them never even went down the route of XP boosts and such, it was just frustrating that you paid a monthly fee and then had to pay another fee on top of that for cool items that your monthly fee should have covered. That was Blizzard's old philosophy, and that is why I put my trust and faith into them for all these years. I bit my tongue with pets and mounts, but sorry, gear (even just cosmetics, yes) is just three strikes and I'm out.
    Mounts and pets are not content. They didn't lie at all.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

I seriously can't get over the fact that the sickest helmets in the game I can't get IN THE GAME.

This is eating at me more than I thought it would. I am so disappointed.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crookids View Post
    I seriously can't get over the fact that the sickest helmets in the game I can't get IN THE GAME.

This is eating at me more than I thought it would. I am so disappointed.
    "Disappointed" is the perfect word to describe how I feel.

But I'm more disappointed in Blizzard than the fact that I can't get the helms in-game. Soon they will be selling character models, haircuts, breads, tattoos, spell effects ... etc.

It will be, spend money on the store or look like a hobo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    Mounts and pets are not content. They didn't lie at all.
    Explain how they aren't content?

Quote Originally Posted by Tempeste View Post
    Explain how they aren't content?
    Content is dungeons, raids, quests, battlegrounds, etc. Things you do and explore. Mounts and pets are not content, they're just the fluff.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Any smart customer would not support this... Use your brains people, stop throwing your money at Blizzard before they start selling (old) tier-sets too...
    What happened to your hilarious signature?

Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    Content is dungeons, raids, quests, battlegrounds, etc. Things you do and explore. Mounts and pets are not content, they're just the fluff.
    Sorry to break it to you but mounts and gear are considered just as much content as the paths I took to get them.

This game has always been about getting new things. Mounts, gear whatever. The entire transmog system was to expand the look of gear and give more appearance content.

No way I could pay a sub for this type of game development on wow. If it was a f2p game, I could see this happening but it's not.

If I were playing wow, I no longer would be.