Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    To be honest, i don't like those helmets and this new mount.

So, no danger with my money. XD

Deleted
    How short-sighted can people get?

Micro-transactions are great, so long as they don't break the game. A lot of people pay for this stuff, and Blizzard will make a ton from it that goes back into creating more game content.

How can anyone be opposed? If you don't want to buy anything, fine, don't. But at least see the obvious benefit this will be to the game as a whole. What Blizzard invest in this they get back a thousand-fold.

This is not good...
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

In before revamped models on the Pet Store. That would be absolutly hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Conical View Post
    They may look awesome at first but then, once you see everyone running around with those helms, they won't be as cool anymore. Trust me. Save your money and thanks me later.
    They will probably put in a lot more of them, to introduce variety. Unless the amount of complaints is enormous; in that case they may not continue with this at all.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Since when were cosmetics not a part of the game that we're paying for? Since when were they not included in our subscriptions???

Getting sick of this argument. Without cosmetics this games just a load of maths and RNG, the cosmetics ARE what makes it a game and creates the world. Infact, now we have transmog, cosmetic appearance is JUST as important to a lot of players as the quality of the armour.

Speaking as a Rogue, our latest PVP AND PVE armours have been PISS poor for a long time. Ranging from "really lazy and not thought out" to "a fuckin horrendous mess". Last season we had to look like someone had emptied their KFC leftovers over our heads. Blizzard actually designing cooler armour to sell for an additional cost is an insult.

This is MEANT to be a Pay to Pay model. With Blizzard trying to have a F2P model at the same time, and getting every penny they can from players, is IS a pisstake and disrespectful to those with subscriptions, even if you aren't using that armour.
    This is exactly the point. It's not about "if it's cosmetic or not", it's about taking things that should be included in the subcription fee and charging extra for them.

Nobody really knows how far this is going to go. Just look at SwTor - you have to pay extra for additional hairstyles, races and quests on top of subscription fees. Is Wow going to end up like that? Are they going to try to boosts store sales by putting less cool stuff into the sub-only game?

Quote Originally Posted by Ziddy View Post
    And now we know why there is no resources left to create 5 man dungeons - It's time spent on money grabbing scams like this. I already pay a subscription to the game, I should not need to pay more to get cosmetic items which have been developed and paid for with my subscription money.
    Yeah, but Ghostcrawler says it's too costly and time consuming to create new art for dungeons! The art team must have been hard at work for all the new items that are going to be rolling out the next few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    They are charging you for unique and high quality (unobtainable) models. In a subscription based game where they have a large emphasis on cosmetics. Challenge modes are an example of this, they offer high quality armour sets for completing difficult challenges. By adding gear into a micro transaction system, its just inexcusable. Especially when you already pay a subscription.

Its a bad path they are going down, so far its just been getting worse.
    WoW has most often emphasized the importance of stats on gear, not the looks. Until the shop has stat gear, it isn't a big deal; meanwhile GW2 adds an item to Black Lion chests that grants a level/skill point but people say its ok because its a free monthly game :P

Deleted
    Fuck this shit I'll quit if they keep up with this.

Even though I don't play anymore (thankfully after seeing this) I still think this is shocking and hugely hypocritical of Blizzard. Over the course of MoP we have heard the excuses that they can't make 5 man dungeons because they take too long mostly due to the art and new player models are taking a very long time because the art team needs to find the time in between creating new content. Then all of a sudden they magically find a lot of time to create cosmetic items for the cash shop? Yea...

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrypowdah View Post
    Fuck this shit I'll quit if they keep up with this.
    Don't quit, just /spit on players wearing the transmog headpieces and go about your day because nothing will change

A lot of Pandaria fun items have 10-30 minute cooldowns.

So far everything they show in the pet store has a 3 minute cooldown

Thanks blizz

Gets Popcorn...This aught to be good.

Deleted
    Don't know why people are so upset/annoyed by this. Many saw it coming and it's not really detrimental to the game. It gives Blizzard extra money which continues their ability to develop the game. And for people who pull the "its just more profit for them", what the hell is wrong with that? If you were in their position you'd want as much profit as you could make too. Shouldn't put others down for doing the same.

Haha, april fools ?

It seems americans forgot who raised them ...

Dear Americans, we, Europeans are your fathers, we raised you and fed you. We are smarter and stronger .. you can't fool us.

thanks for trying. (again)

So long ..

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Mind if i bookmark this and quote it in a year or two when you're proven wrong?

Otherwise, Blizzard lost its soul a long while ago so they can keep milking all they want, its way over my head at this point.
    Yea, you can put it right a long side the quote of people saying the same thing about the guardian pet, or the ones saying the EXACT same thing when the celestial steed was announced. I'm pretty sure that according to people like you i should have been able to buy fully geared max level characters a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    In before revamped models on the Pet Store. That would be absolutly hilarious.
    Man, I'm kind of hoping that they do this now just to witness the outrage.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    And down the slippery slope we go ... weeeeee

I love how all these people in this thread are trying to use the excuse that a "subscription based game cant have a pay store" basically, because they think for some reason its wrong.

You know why other games that have pay stores are free to play? Because they cant make it as subscription based with or without a store. Wow is no where near needing to go free 2 play to support itself, so there is nothing wrong with a store that sells thing for the game that don't give advantages over people who wont use the store.

Would grind any grind, raid any raid to get these. Will not pay a cent.