Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    One thing really blows my mind here. The apologisism of the fanbase in mmo-champion towards Blizzards decisions is appaling.

I knew it was a good chunk of fanboyism on this site, but this is exceptionally apparent.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    no? alanis mount is just the red cloud serpent with a sparkly effect. O_o
    Different colour. It is not a sparkly effect. It is actual lightning/clouds. See you don't even know what you are talking about, so how can you comment?

Quote Originally Posted by fallenangel61616 View Post
    I, personally, don't see an issue with the pet store (I rarely buy from it, but I like the idea). The items are all purely cosmetic and give you no gain whatsoever in-game. Just for fun and for show.

It's simple really: If you don't like the items, don't buy them. And don't think little of those who do.
    Many would argue that fun items DO give you a gain - enjoyment.

To many people, cool little cosmetic things are just as important, if not moreso than stats.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2013-07-13 at 02:50 PM.

once they start get this going, i hope they add racial armor to it. they have had the chance to add it to city quartermasters, but they haven't. so this would be perfect. night elf sentinel gear, stormwind infantry gear, orgrimmar grunt gear, all the good stuff.

Deleted
    Maaan...fuck the haters

i am a loyal customer and i will support blizzard as much as i can until the end of days because blizzard is and will be forever the best gaming company EVER.
    and i will buy all of them them for all my chars and buddys!

no one forces you to buy this!!! !
    Last edited by mmocb1245f4a48; 2013-07-13 at 02:54 PM.

Looks like a certain game is going free-to-play soon.

Quote Originally Posted by goinglohan View Post
    Please reread what I said. The LOOK of the armour is relative. They are selling mounts and the pets in the store right now. What is the difference with COMSMETIC gear? It is not different than the mounts and it will all blow over like that. Also, you can't compare what other games are doing because they don't offer the same thing is what WOW offers, which is why it is sitting at 8 million subs.
    Those games are not sub based so they don't have subs. Most of those games have cosmetic gear only as well. They give their player base FULL FREEDOM on buying those items and many of those games have options how to gain those items without paying real money for them.

And note. NONE of the F2P games restricts their users from then USING those items whenever they want. The consumer is not FORCED to pay sub to be able to log on. Thats a big difference here. These games don't show their disrespect to paying consumers.

The items in Blizzard Webstore have always be on a very grey area when it comes to this. Thats probably why Blizzard started this "service" on their website. That way it worked more like the trading card game and deluxe or collector edition. It was still shamefull in my eyes ... but not to the same degree as we see now if they add an ingame cash shop. Thats a line that NO game should cross. And Im not even sure its legal to charge a person for a digital item and then add sub for it so they can use it. And even if its legal - its very unethical that no game has done EVER before.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    If they ever add HC gear into the pet shop - "Oh well you were going to get it anyway! It only takes a few weeks to kill. Damn haters, they are helping you!".

Stop apologising for Blizzards blatant cash grabs.
    But thats just how it is, youre being just elitist and want everyone to look up to so you feel like a special snowflake

i would appreaciate if they add HC Gear to the petshop because some ppl need it and all of us paying the same monthly fee, it will come...deal with it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stripesrus View Post
    Let me tell you the main reason why many of are upset.
    Blizzard's store has all the good stuff that is acquired paying actual currency. Since we pay $15 per month, we feel all those mounts, pets, and transmogs should be available via in-game means, regardless of how difficult or lengthy it may be.
    Who are those "we" you're referring to? Speak for yourself.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    well those models look cool (wont buy them) heh if wow wont turn into SIMS and ppl wantt o spen money on thsoe its all ok

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodiark Son View Post
    Then they should also follow suit and drop the subscription fee, but yeah, people won't care and wil buy this anyway so it doesn't matter.
    Taking into account the inflation that ate quite a bit of the original sub price, not really.

- - - Updated - - -

If they ever add HC gear into the pet shop - "Oh well you were going to get it anyway! It only takes a few weeks to kill. Damn haters, they are helping you!".
    What makes you think they will add it?

Stop apologising for Blizzards blatant cash grabs.
    Well, it is no different from any other merchandising.
    MMO player

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Taking into account the inflation that ate quite a bit of the original sub price, not really.
    Really poor and utterly wrong logic. They can charge players extra for the expansions to fight inflation.

In terms of cost per user.... They are probably getting BETTER deals now than what they had at launch of WOW since bandwith has been costing less over the last few years. And with the game 2 million players fewer than 2 years ago.... they can restrict the need for power use and space. Its not like they are changing hardware every patch...

- - - Updated - - -

Well, it is no different from any other merchandising.
    Can't remember the day when I was charged for just putting on my pants after I bought them in a store. But thats what Blizzard are aiming to do. Charge players for an item.. and then charge them for login into the game to use those items. ONLY GAME in the world that will do that.

Thats something that NOT A SINGLE store in the world does. And thats why this is NOT like every other merchandising
    Last edited by Duster505; 2013-07-13 at 03:11 PM.

Who are those "we" you're referring to? Speak for yourself.
    All of the people who disagree with it...?

Stop trying to make it look like he's alone in this opinion. Roughly half of all comments have been negative, citing this as a reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Really poor and utterly wrong logic. They can charge players extra for the expansions to fight inflation.
    And that would cause a lot of whine. So would sub increase by the way. Hence they're trying to catch up through other channels.

In terms of cost per user.... They are probably getting BETTER deals now than what they had at launch of WOW since bandwith has been costing less over the last few years.
    Yes, but the inflation since 2004 is nothing to sneeze at, either. Also, you're missing the fact that the main expense is not hardware or bandwidth, but paying the army of developers and the marketing fees. And those are affected by the inflation too.

Can't remember the day when I was charged for just putting on my pants after I bought them in a store. But thats what Blizzard are aiming to do. Charge players for an item.. and then charge them for login into the game to use those items. ONLY GAME in the world that will do that.
    What are you ranting about? When you were a kid, you never went to a movie and then bought a poster or an action figurine after that? This is exactly the same stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Stop trying to make it look like he's alone in this opinion. Roughly half of all comments have been negative, citing this as a reason.
    He's not alone, but speaking from a hypothetical "we" standpoint usually lights up the "BS inc." indicator pretty consistently.
    MMO player

And that would cause a lot of whine. So would sub increase by the way. Hence they're trying to catch up through other channels.

Yes, but the inflation since 2004 is nothing to sneeze at, either. Also, you're missing the fact that the main expense is not hardware or bandwidth, but paying the army of developers and the marketing fees. And those are affected by the inflation too.

What are you ranting about? When you were a kid, you never went to a movie and then bought a poster or an action figurine after that? This is exactly the same stuff.
    Blizzard STILL gets revenues for the content they make by selling the orginal game and expansions. This is NOT a free to play game and they don't need to fight your "inflation" with in game cashstore.

Im not missing a single fact here. It seems that you have forgotten that WOW has paid for much of the TITAN development and lost many devs to that game as well. I think its just about time that the subscribers that are paying for WOW get their full worth of the sub put back into the game.

And lastly ... Ye I bought a poster .... But I was not charged monthly fee by a greedy company for going into my room where the poster was hanging after that. If you dont see the difference... then I can't help you. But many of us can.
    Last edited by Duster505; 2013-07-13 at 03:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard STILL gets revenues for the content they make by selling the orginal game and expansions. This is NOT a free to play game and they don't need to fight your "inflation" with in game cashstore.
    OK, let's straighten this out with a basic fact check: what is the total inflation rate in the US from 2004 to 2013? If you can't answer this question, your knowledge of economy is not worth mentioning or discussing.

Im not missing a single fact here. It seems that you have forgotten that WOW has payed for much of the TITAN development and those devs working on that game as well. I think its just about time that the subscribers that are paying for WOW get their full worth of the sub put back into the game.
    What is "full worth of sub" supposed to mean? If you don't raid heroic mode, do you get "full worth of the sub"? By your logic, you don't since there are items you don't have access to. Same question for rated PVP.

And lastly ... Ye I bought a poster .... But I was not charged monthly fee by a greedy company
    Nah, you only had crappy sequels and a lot more merchandises to buy. Oh yeah, and the VHS/DVD of the movie, let's not forget about it.
    MMO player

10+ Year Old Account
    Firstly, WHO define the rule that "if you are P2P, then you are not allowed to have a cash shop"?

There isn't.

You may not like it, but, if they can pull it off, and make money with it, I don't see why they wouldn't. A lot of the P2P that turned F2P games out there, you don't think they will do the same if they can pull it off without half the players leaving?

Making money is pretty much always the #1 priority with companies, if I have something that I know people will pay for it even if I abuse it, you bet I am going to milk every one of you dry.

OK, let's straighten this out with a basic fact check: what is the total inflation rate in the US from 2004 to 2013? If you can't answer this question, your knowledge of economy is not worth mentioning or discussing.

What is "full worth of sub" supposed to mean? If you don't raid heroic mode, do you get "full worth of the sub"? By your logic, you don't since there are items you don't have access to. Same question for rated PVP.

Nah, you only had crappy sequels and a lot more merchandises to buy. Oh yeah, and the VHS/DVD of the movie, let's not forget about it.
    Stop making up your "facts". Blizzard is no longer making the vanilla content. But its still making them money. Stop acting like some sort of "inflation" is affecting that development work. You simply dont have a clue what your talking about.

Full worth of sub means that you get get the money you pay for the game INTO that game but not into other games and their development. Every moron in the world can go and look at the cost that is put into WOW and then the revenues from the subs.

And you are avoiding the issue that pretty much everyone can see here. Its OK for a F2P cash shop to add another poster or "VHS" tape into their game cause those games are NOT charging ppl for login in to the game in the first place. There is no grey line there. There is not a single other game out there that both charges for items and then forces you to pay a sub to just log into the game. Not one. And THATS a FACT !

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Firstly, WHO define the rule that "if you are P2P, then you are not allowed to have a cash shop"?

There isn't.

You may not like it, but, if they can pull it off, and make money with it, I don't see why they wouldn't. A lot of the P2P that turned F2P games out there, you don't think they will do the same if they can pull it off without half the players leaving?

Making money is pretty much always the #1 priority with companies, if I have something that I know people will pay for it even if I abuse it, you bet I am going to milk every one of you dry.
    There is no rule... but no company in the world has been so stupid this far to show such disrespect to a paying consumer to then charge them extra for being able to use those items.

Making money is not always the #1 priority of companies. It is #1 for greedy companies that dont respect paying consumers. If they can make more profit of it.... doesn't mean they aren't scumbags for doing it.

So lets see... Good example of a company that could go the same route and start to charge SUB as well as charging for items also... Lets take STEAM for example. You buy the game and then charged 15$ per month for login into them. That would be very unethical to do ... but they would probably get away with it. But STEAM shows abit more respect to their paying consumers than that..... Even tho Blizzard doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by goinglohan View Post
    Different colour. It is not a sparkly effect. It is actual lightning/clouds. See you don't even know what you are talking about, so how can you comment?
    no, no it is not a different colour. it is the red cloud serpent with a small lightning effect added. its the exact same mount as the august celestials mount only red. you are the one who dont know what you are talking about
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop making up your "facts". Blizzard is no longer making the vanilla content. But its still making them money. Stop acting like some sort of "inflation" is affecting that development work. You simply dont have a clue what your talking about.
    Answer the basic question about inflation rate first. If you're unable to do that, then you have no clue about what you're talking about because you're unable to combine some numbers.

Full worth of sub means that you get get the money you pay for the game INTO that game but not into other games and their development.
    And NO company on this planet does that. A part of the revenue goes into developing new products, otherwise it becomes a dead company. Unless you imagined otherwise? Well, then it only shows your lack of clue.

And you are avoiding the issue that pretty much everyone can see here. Its OK for a F2P cash shop to add another poster or "VHS" tape into their game cause those games are NOT charging ppl for login in to the game in the first place. There is no grey line there. There is not a single other game out there that both charges for items and then forces you to pay a sub to just log into the game. Not one. And THATS a FACT !
    Really? Well, phone companies certainly do charge you a fee and then make you pay for apps and the phone. Will you make up some other "fact" to counter that?
    MMO player