Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Want to know the reason the Asian market are getting XP Potions? Because a lot of them have limited gametime. China in particular puts a debuff on a character logged on for too long that halves their XP gain in order to convince them to stop playing for a while. The potion would give them the option of rushing the leveling process to make best use of that limited time. Same could be said for the Lesser Charms.

And even then its still not manditory for them. Do you really think XP Potions will work in the next expansion?

As for the helmets, who cares? Don't demand new character models in the same breath, that's infinitely more work then a simple helmet. Don't claim the character models will be paid micro transactions when you don't know a damn thing. Its all fearmongering speculation, ironically from people who often either don't play or will threaten to quit the second anything happens. We don't need you, trust me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Asian market is already paying WAY more than US/EU for the game. And Blizzard decides to charge them more.
    Not Blizzard, but the companies they subcontract out to. Blizzard doesn't actually make that much off China due to having to constantly adjust the game for them.

Quote Originally Posted by russykh View Post
    Shouldnt that be the slippery slope started 4 years ago or whenever they released the sparkle pony? Apparently their lube isnt that great, the rate we're going, greens might be on the store in the year 2016!
    I think you will find alot of arguments 4 years back that this would be happening when the pony was added. How long it would take was not up to the players... but to how much Blizzard was in desperately need of revenues. We are now at the point where they obviously are desperate and things can move on very fast to get the revenues back to acceptable levels now that subs and paid for character services do no longer cover the need of the shareholders for cash.

Deleted
    Shouldnt that be the slippery slope started 4 years ago or whenever they released the sparkle pony? Apparently their lube isnt that great, the rate we're going, greens might be on the store in the year 2016!
    The so called "slippery slope" started 8 1/2 year ago.

When people payed more money for getting CE WoW and getting an in game Pet.

Then just after that we had TGC loot arrive.

Come to think of it, every single recent MMO is on the same "slippery slope".

So even at its peak of 12 millions subs WoW had many many forms of pay more money to get cosmetic stuff.

Shh, you're not allowed to remind them of that. It happened in Wrath of the Lich King, the best expansion ever (apperently)!

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Shh, you're not allowed to remind them of that. It happened in Wrath of the Lich King, the best expansion ever (apperently)!
    Well - it has been down hill with each expansion since it was added. And more mounts and pets have been added. Gives Blizzard less incentive to make good content if they can make same or more moeny by just adding few mounts and pets and now.... helms. And we can be 100% sure that it wont end there. They have a pretty good start for world wide ingame cash shop now already .....

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Well - it has been down hill with each expansion since it was added. And more mounts and pets have been added. Gives Blizzard less incentive to make good content if they can make same or more moeny by just adding few mounts and pets and now.... helms. And we can be 100% sure that it wont end there. They have a pretty good start for world wide ingame cash shop now already .....
    Pure speculation, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Pure speculation, nothing more.
    No - its not speculations. Cash shop is already coming to ASIA next patch and these items we see now in website store will be there as well. And XP potions... and lesser charms of good fortune. That's no speculation. Just facts. What more is gonna be added... THAT would be speculation.
    Last edited by Duster505; 2013-07-13 at 05:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    In before revamped models on the Pet Store. That would be absolutly hilarious.
    Don't encourage them!

Not gonna lie, it'd be amazing if that Jewel of the Fire Lord helm would be influenced by the fel fire for warlocks. I could see that looking epic with my set for fel fire. lol

The helms look awful.

the frost helm looks awesome. pair it with death knight t11, and you got an awesome lich king style.

I wonder what these look like on worgens i love the black and red one but i bet it looks messed up on a female worgen like just about every face covering hat.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Sold character models would be a stab in the back on a lot of people who are still anticipating it
    Yet many of the posts are defending the store, saying that so long as it is just limited to cosmetics (which models would be), then it is fine. I find _this_ to be the slippery-slope more-so than the risk/fear of stat/pay2win items showing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Daagar View Post
    Yet many of the posts are defending the store, saying that so long as it is just limited to cosmetics (which models would be), then it is fine. I find _this_ to be the slippery-slope more-so than the risk/fear of stat/pay2win items showing up.
    Yet the character models were promised way before anything like the new in-game store was announced to the public. It's a concern (Of course), but highly unlikely for a company to do such a thing. I don't know why anyone would get their rocks off for slim speculation on the off chance they may be right, just me probably. I doubt Blizzard is that betraying of a company to 180 on the upgraded character models, and sell them on an item store. If anything like that happens, I could imagine them selling the OLD character models for players who really wish to stay like that -- not the new ones.

From a resource standpoint, these vanity items likely took minimal work - Blizzard stands to make a buck, and it probably didn't take much away from other areas of design. Good for them.

But what they've lost in principle is far more than any monetary gain.

Deleted
    I may actually log on my trial account when these helms come out just to laugh at all the people running around with them thinking they are so unique, can't wait till they announce the new character models or [insert item or feature that players have been asking for ages] will be bought from the store, will be fun
    Last edited by mmoc1448edff70; 2013-07-13 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Oh screw you Blizz. Design 3 terrible Paladin tiers this expansion; sell cosmetics on the store.

Fuck that noise.
    I quite liked all three tiers.

10+ Year Old Account
    If anything regarding Vanity Items, I want more hairstyles and colours.
    Yes, I'll admit it. I want pink hair for Blood Elf.

And possibly a quad-pigtail hairstyle which has to medium length front tails and two long back ones...
    Shh, I can dream.

Deleted
    The sheepness from the sheeples is quite creepy...
    Last edited by mmocb1245f4a48; 2013-07-13 at 08:13 PM.

Deleted
    can't wait till they announce the new character models or [insert item or feature that players have been asking for ages] will be bought from the store, will be fun
    Then they must sell at least 10-20 more packages to compensate for my closed acount .