Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    THE HELMETS ARE NOT THE PROBLEM.

People do not mind the helmets, they care about the implications OF the helmets. The so called "pet" shop started with selling small pets for cold cash. There was an uproar, but people didn't mind it because it was only pets. Along came the Celestial Steed and even then people didn't mind it because there still were amazing looking mounts ingame to rival it (mimi's & invincible at the time).

And now, within a fucking WEEKS TIME, we went from just pets and mounts to EXP POTION, TRANSMOG GEAR AND Lesser Coins of Good Fortune.

Apologists may cry, "b-but the lesser coins don't give you anything you cant get ingame anyway." Yeah true, but the other shit isn't gettable ingame.

And what's next? Do you REALLY think they will stop with this? It's going to be Valor Potions, Conquest Potions, Bigger Valor/Conq Cap, Buyable ELDER CHARMS. Hell why not put in a new charm, call it Platinum Charm, make it have 100% droprate. Buy gear, 1.99€/$.

This is what we're pissed out on. Not the fucking helmets. The implications they have.

Slippery. Fucking. Slope.

Edit: It's no secret that they're either testing the waters for World of Warcraft to go free-to-play or to perfect their ingame cash shop for Titan (rumored to be reset JUST to make it a f2p game).

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post

People do not mind the helmets, they care about the implications OF the helmets. The so called "pet" shop started with selling small pets for cold cash. There was an uproar, but people didn't mind it because it was only pets. Along came the Celestial Steed and even then people didn't mind it because there still were amazing looking mounts ingame to rival it (mimi's & invincible at the time).
    Not to mention, in-game pets now are mostly scaled down mob models. Heck, even a good number of mounts are just reskinned (or just plain copy-paste) mobs.

The nice stuff? Maybe one or two "earn-able" every expansion. The rest? Blizzard Store.

Going to be so fucking pissed if the Fae dragon is cash store.

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Not to mention, in-game pets now are mostly scaled down mob models. Heck, even a good number of mounts are just reskinned (or just plain copy-paste) mobs.

The nice stuff? Maybe one or two "earn-able" every expansion. The rest? Blizzard Store.
    Agreed. Compare the Bloodwing with the Kor'Kron War Wolf from the SoO raid. Or the Skeletal Warhorse made from that Post item. Now to wait for the Fearie Dragon..

Deleted
    As long it´s only cosmetic i don´t care...

Hope they brin in PoE cosmetic change´s to abilitys... o yeah that would take some bucks out of me...

But for transmog uses, no thx !

This is where I draw the line; I'm glad I quit WoW before seeing this come to fruition. It's sad to see such a great game slowly turn into a cesspool of microtransactions, and even more petty seeing people defend this.

with the number of pets/mounts being added in there was only a matter of time till cosmetic gear was added

And I think that some of you forget that that the best looking transmog gear you can get is still only available in-game via Challenge Modes. It's challenging and it will never get any easier to due the ilvl throttle when entering. It's not like Blizzard is just selling all the best looking stuff...yet. But I agree, it is a slippery slope, but we haven't fallen yet.

Quote Originally Posted by wallix View Post
    And I think that some of you forget that that the best looking transmog gear you can get is still only available in-game via Challenge Modes. It's challenging and it will never get any easier to due the ilvl throttle when entering. It's not like Blizzard is just selling all the best looking stuff...yet. But I agree, it is a slippery slope, but we haven't fallen yet.
    In b4 next expansions Challenge Mode set is also available from the Ingame Shop.

Deleted
    And now, within a fucking WEEKS TIME, we went from just pets and mounts to EXP POTION, TRANSMOG GEAR AND Lesser Coins of Good Fortune.
    That's what I fear as well, and to be honest - even if they never make it to the store, the mere fact that Blizzard considered something like that is disturbing.

I fear the day that one of my favourite companies of all time may become a monster like EA, a company that every sensible gamer should have a reason to dislike.

Maybe they can bring back the whole RealID thing to distract everyone while they stock the store

Sooo, what's the ETA on the Angel/Demon Wings cloak x-mog from that one April Fools Day? ....What?

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed. Compare the Bloodwing with the Kor'Kron War Wolf from the SoO raid. Or the Skeletal Warhorse made from that Post item. Now to wait for the Fearie Dragon..
    The Kor'kron War Wolf is pretty sweet, imo. And why would you compare something that will be marginally easy to get anyways to something like the Bloodwing? We haven't even seen all the mounts yet for the raid. What about the new pvp mounts? Those are pretty impressive and unique.

And tbh, I hope the Faerie Dragon is the Store Mount. That way I can just buy it and be done with it. I'm a mount collector, I don't care if I have to pay money for good looking mounts. Blizzard still provides excellent mounts in game. I'm really looking forward to getting my ToT Meta pterodactyl mount -- if you don't think that is a unique enough model, might want to take another look at it. Actually all of the ToT mounts are pretty awesome.
    Bawkasaur - Feral PvE | Bawk - Feral PvE - Youtube - Twitter - Website - Twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    Like the direction Blizzard is taking so far. Every single bit of it.

Only read the first couple of pages and then just stopped reading. What makes people think WoW is going to stay subscription based? They are losing subscriptions left and right, only makes sense to start switching over to a free to play model. And if they can keep the monthly money coming in while they introduce more micro-transaction items for people to buy, more power to them. It is a business after all. I was pretty sure that when Titan was released that they would make WoW free with Titan needing a subscription, and to start seeing them introduce more items to buy almost confirms it for me even though Titan was "reset".

As for me, the helms look interesting but they aren't for me. The hitching post on the other hand........I might have to fork over the money for that.

I don't expect micro transactions in a game i pay to play. I already pay to have these items made now I have to pay to get them? They need to start dropping the sub price if they are gonna keep doing this. Lots of luck on that happening though.

Apologists may cry, "b-but the lesser coins don't give you anything you cant get ingame anyway." Yeah true, but the other shit isn't gettable ingame.

And what's next? Do you REALLY think they will stop with this? It's going to be Valor Potions, Conquest Potions, Bigger Valor/Conq Cap, Buyable ELDER CHARMS. Hell why not put in a new charm, call it Platinum Charm, make it have 100% droprate. Buy gear, 1.99€/$.

This is what we're pissed out on. Not the fucking helmets. The implications they have.

Slippery. Fucking. Slope.

Edit: It's no secret that they're either testing the waters for World of Warcraft to go free-to-play or to perfect their ingame cash shop for Titan (rumored to be reset JUST to make it a f2p game).
    indeed. it is a VERY slippery slope, as we can now see.

If you don't like it, vote with your wallets and stop paying them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cancelled sub a month ago (for the first time ever) with all intentions on returning for 5.4.

After playing since day 1, as much as I hate to say it, I think this might be the end of the road.

This game has moved so far away from what it used to be. Best of luck to everyone who continues to play. Hope that they draw a line with their cash stops pretty soon.