Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orly View Post
    So I ask you again: would it be ok for you to have a full set of awesome gear available only for cash, while bearing in mind that those sets could've been the reward of something hard to achieve in game?

Way to be stupid and not read my post right. Think before you say, as you were.
    Yes, I think that it's absolutely fine and more than OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladeface View Post
    cry more about it then. its THEIR GAME and they aare a PUBLICLY TRADED company. they need to make as much money as they can because thats why you even have a company in the first place so stop complaining about cosmetic items that effect you in no way.
    Yeah yeah, i'm so bored of hearing this over and over i'm at the verge of throwing up, too bad I can't do it on you just so you can feel my disgust. You're crying over someone that's crying, double standards or hypocrite? And they make money already, WoW is not F2P.

Cosmetic items, slippery slope guys!!!

...christ on a pogo stick, people. Christ on a pogo stick...

Challenge-mode,lv 60 pvp and elite pvp sets of gear don't help you in any way shape or form either, yet they exist. And you have to work for them, meaning you have to spend time in game, time you have to pay for. Would it be ok for you if, say....we just cut a shortcut thru all that and just put those sets at the shop? Because that's what they are doing now.
    How do you figure? Comparing something that already has value through the fact that you have to work for it to something that doesn't is illogical.

It means nothing. It's just a cosmetic item that someone can buy if they choose. If you don't like paying for something then that is totally fine, that is your choice. You're not special just because you worked for some elite PvP sets though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I think they should've implemented this a while ago. There's nothing 'bad' or 'money hungry' about a business offering optional services to their customers at an additional cost. It's a pretty clean and intelligent business practice.
    Exactly, people get too trapped in what they've seen before. Just because most companies pick a single revenue stream option doesn't mean there's anything wrong in going with more than one. The idea that there's some "rule" that if you use a subscription model, you are barred from implementing a cash shop is completely lacking in any substance.

I don't even think there's anything "immoral" (a word a lot of people throw around in these discussions) about pay-to-win but pay-to-win is a type of game I personally have no interest in playing. Happily, nothing Blizzard sells or has announced plans to sell qualifies as pay-to-win.

As to transmog items? I love transmog as something to mess around with when not raiding and if something really fantastic is offered, I'll be tempted to drop a few bucks to get it. I foresee that being very rare, though, and none of these helms comes anywhere close to temping me.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I ask you again: would it be ok for you to have a full set of awesome gear available only for cash, while bearing in mind that those sets could've been the reward of something hard to achieve in game?

Way to be stupid and not read my post right. Think before you say, as you were.
    Way to assume the fault is in the reader and not the poster for not communicating your thoughts more clearly.

As other posters have said, it's still a false equivalency. Despite there being mounts and pets on the pet store, we still have mounts and pets ingame that require a lengthy time commitment or a willingness to go and farm the hell out of repeatable turnins with high competition.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Can you show me a link to the Golden King warrior Challenge Mode set? 'Cause, man, I'd love to get that set through the cash shop.

Except it's not there. What will be there are three unrelated helmets that were just sitting in the game files since 5.2. You're drawing up a false equivalency to try to make your position seem more tenable.
    You're still dodging the question. And mind you, I'm not comparing the helms to those sets, I'm just saying that at this rate they will end up selling whole sets. Get this already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would it be ok for you if, say....we just cut a shortcut thru all that and just put those sets at the shop? Because that's what they are doing now.
    Your conclusion-jumping is showing. Let's see how this plays out.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're still dodging the question. And mind you, I'm not comparing the helms to those sets, I'm just saying that at this rate they will end up selling whole sets. Get this already.
    As other posters have said, it's still a false equivalency. Despite there being mounts and pets on the pet store, we still have mounts and pets ingame that require a lengthy time commitment or a willingness to go and farm the hell out of repeatable turnins with high competition.
    Way ahead of you.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    But there are already rare drops for pets and mounts in the game. More keep being added and even more will be added in the future.. There's also far more transmog only gear in the game than has been announced for the store.

But the way your post was worded made it sound as if gear that was available through effort in the game was being made purchasable on the store when that is clearly not the case.

But there are sets of transmog gear available in the game, and ONLY in the game.
    Not the case...yet.

And why the hell do you care if they do? Welcome to business. It's not hurting anyone or anything for this concept to exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    What is wrong with them selling whole sets? If people have the money to buy, why does it bother you so much?
    He thinks his elite armor makes him a special little snow flake.

In all honesty if someone truly believe they are some sort of special, unique badass because they farmed some elite shit, it's quite sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Thneed View Post
    Your conclusion-jumping is showing. Let's see how this plays out.
    Yeah, sorry for visualizing a whole stair from the first stepping stones. Read: mounts, pets, and then cosmetic armor.

Seems like a way blizz is testing to see how vanity items/fun items sell...they already know people will spend money on mounts and pets, so now they are testing the waters for vanity items...but to me this all seems like it is leading World of Warcraft down the road to micro-transactions. I have a feeling in the next year (maybe 2) they are going to make WoW free to play and just have an in game store selling these items (either for real money or some made-up name of currency that you buy with real money). I don't really have a problem with this though. Making it free to play is probably the best thing they can do (they've lost a lot of subs over the last 3 years and it still seems like it will continue to decline). They also have Titan coming out, and in all honesty I think they are ready to let WoW finish running its course, and move onto something new. People want a fresh new game.

These are just signs pointing to what will probably happen. I wouldn't be surprised if the next expansion is the last "major" expansion for WoW (as in the last one they will pour a lot of money into--anything after that will probably just be a few new zones, maybe a few added levels but nothing too significant I feel). And they will focus more on newer projects. I just think blizzard feels it's time to move WoW forward, and I think they've been preparing since they came out with their first pet store items back in wrath for this day to come, and now it draws closer and they are just making their final touches before they announce their future plans. It makes the most sense for them (though I am not a fan of micro-transactions myself and honestly would hope they would keep some sort of VIP membership where I pay monthly and be a "member" still...because I would rather pay $15 a month and get like X amount of the "blizzard cash" for their in-game store vs. paying $0.99 for every item I "want" in the store...plus maybe added leveling perks etc since it will be a guaranteed $15 a month).

Just so long as they don't sell top tier gear, I think this is a good step for WoW to take.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're still dodging the question.
    What is the question? Would offering an awesome set of transmog gear in the store be okay? Yes, it would. It would be akin to offering a cool-looking mount in the store. We have mounts that are only available through clearing things that require skill (normal/heroic raids, challenge modes, etc) and the pet store mounts don't invalidate those at all because they're completely different. Exactly the same would be true of store transmog gear versus gear that comes from raids and challenge modes and PvP.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

10+ Year Old Account
    It leaves a dirty taste in my mouth, but it isn't game changing for me. If people want to spend the money all the power to them I guess.

Way to assume the fault is in the reader and not the poster for not communicating your thoughts more clearly.

I see where he is coming from though. It's just going to continue.

Pets, mounts, then transmog gear, then xp boosts, then vanity items, then gear. It's just the trend, and that's what he's saying.

Not the case...yet.
    Must be fun jumping to conclusions. Otherwise I don't see why so many people do it.

So long as it sticks to stuff that does not give other people an unfair advantage (no, faster leveling is not an advantage. I am speaking stats), I have no issue with it.

Quote Originally Posted by deads0ng View Post
    He thinks his elite armor makes him a special little snow flake.

In all honesty if someone truly believe they are some sort of special, unique badass because they farmed some elite shit, it's quite sad.
    Yeah? Then do me a favor, and petition blizz to add whole sets of armor for the cash shop and just drop the whole elite gear/challenge-mode set charade, if you are so ok with it. I'd be more than happy to just buy instead of struggling for it, so far I have none of those sets.