Page 43 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    I'm not sure what's worse. Blizzard devoting resources to cheat us out of money, or those people who are actually condoning this move and treat you like your opinion is invalid.

Seriously, how can you not understand that this is a path to more and more services/items becoming payed, while the whole concept of P2P means that you can obtain anything ingame. There is NO valid reason what so ever to require additional payments for items/services. You can say all you want (it does not affect gameplay omgstfu) but it does. The second they release something that actually grabs your attention, something you would like to obtain, but can't because you have to pay for it DOES affect your gameplay.

This should in no way be accepted imo.

Seriously, stop being so acceptive of this shit. I already stated that I don't like pay content in a game you already pay for. It's just getting too much for fucks sake.
    Those who defend this action of Blizzard's are either sycophants or bleeding hearts. Shuji is completely right in her argument.

And yes, it DOES affect your game play because it changes the way you look- And MMOs are about individually progressing your character and not have it be just another face in the crowd. Why do you think people spend thousands of gold on BMAH items? Yeah, exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Drithien View Post
    So because we couldn't tranfer characters at all in the past, we should be thankful and hand over extortionate amounts of money now? What kind of logic is that? Character services cost next-to-nothing to Blizzard, and if they were as appreciative and ethical leaders of the industry as they claim to be, then most, if not all, such services, should be free, perhaps with a cooldown on their use.
    Why do you need to keep transferring your characters so often? If someone needs to transfer a character so often then it is probably best to reassess some things.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

15+ Year Old Account
    Well I guess I should be thankful now that I can enjoy the sun more not raiding for a month since this just made me cancel my sub for August. If they will ever add design I want or start putting real stat items in it, I will at least have saved 13 Euros for it already.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenia View Post
    Yeah how amazing, 4-5 out of 22 sets, must be awesome!
    Because every set looks amazing every single time.

For-profit company makes for-profit items. More news at 11.

If you want the game you love to exist for years to come, this is the kind of thing that needs to happen. Because dwindling sub numbers surely aren't covering the bills at Blizzard.

Just amazed the vocal minority (forum crybabies) don't understand this.

Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    Because the game is basicly about gear, and if they start saving their best designs for the store instead of tier which they are doing now that's totally unacceptable in a subscription based game. The fire helmet for example would've made an excelent tier helmet, but instead we get the very same bland stuff again. Compare this design to tier 16, ridiculous difference in quality. But yeah Of course the payed stuff looks better, they will save their best work for the store from now on, you ok with that?
    Yeah, I'm totally okay with that. If it wasn't best quality, if it wasn't unique, why would you pay real money for it?

And going past that point, why do you need to look like the people who wear 'I bought this' gear? I find the same argument exists for Mounts in the game, and do you feel you need to have the same mount people are paying real money for? Gear really isn't that different

In the end, the game's about lifebars and staying out of fire. Most everything else is cosmetic.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2013-07-13 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    How is it any different from mounts and pets? I honestly don't see what the problem is.
    The gear doesn't help you in any way shape or form.
    What is the problem?
    they can now create ugly gear in raids, to "force" us in buying shiny ones

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    For-profit company makes for-profit items. More news at 11.

If you want the game you love to exist for years to come, this is the kind of thing that needs to happen. Because dwindling sub numbers surely aren't covering the bills at Blizzard.

Just amazed the vocal minority (forum crybabies) don't understand this.
    You know what would actually cover the bills? MORE CONTENT FOR PLAYERS TO ENJOY AND NOT UNSUB! OH MY GOD, IT'S UNBELIEVABLE.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    I can already see this becoming the default whine when someone doesn't like a raid tier. Good grief man.

"Transmogable gear added to in game store, sigh - here were go..." another pointless long thread... people seeing problems where there aren't any, foreseeing stuff that is hardly to happen and forecasting the inevitable d00m of the whole game because of few moggable helmets that don't even come in a full set. Everything in the blizz shop is a vanity item, let people do what they want with their money

Deleted
    It's just cosmetic stuff, what do you care?

Deleted
    I have no problem with the store in itself, it's business and you have a right not to buy it if you dislike it.

What does leave a sour taste, as some have already eluded to is that we also hear a lot of (and I paraphrase) "we don't have the resources for new models / skins". So then putting new models and skins in the store I do not like.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treekodar View Post
    I can already see this becoming the default whine when someone doesn't like a raid tier. Good grief man.
    Why not? More money = more win for Blizzard.
    They talk about recycling old transmog items in-game, and they're adding new items for pet store.
    Also have you compared the in-game pets vs. the pet store pets recently?

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Why do you need to keep transferring your characters so often? If someone needs to transfer a character so often then it is probably best to reassess some things.
    Nowhere in my post did I state that I transfered characters often. I did not even say anything about frequency of trasnfers; or of any other similar service as a matter of fact. Twenty euros for a service that costs next-to-nothing is unacceptable. It has nothing to do with frequency or extent of use. So spare me the "advices on life" part please.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenia View Post
    Yeah how amazing, 4-5 out of 22 sets, must be awesome!
    In almost every tier so far in the history of WoW, I thought that more than half of the sets didn't look good. Tier 4 and 9 were prime examples, with nearly not one good looking set.
    This of course carried on the the BC pvp sets, which were nothing but plain recolors of the PvE Sets.

You really need to understand that there are people out there who like (some of) the current sets, especially the PvP ones - which, in my opinion, look waaay better than most older pvp sets.
    Their opinion isn't less right by any means than yours is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziktus View Post
    It's just cosmetic stuff, what do you care?
    in 8 month : its just lfr gear, what do you care?
    in 1 year: its just normal mode gear, what do you care?
    in 1.5 years: its optional, you can get hc gear from store or get it from raiding, its all up to you - so stop QQing you stupid hater
    in 2 years: hc gear only in store, what do you care? you can play normal mode and can get your gear from raiding, no one forces you to buy it on the store or play heroic !
    in 2.5 years: raiding gear only in the store, what do you care? no one forces you to do raids!

you get it?...i dont think so

:3
    Last edited by mmocb1245f4a48; 2013-07-13 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Santoryu View Post
    You know what would actually cover the bills? MORE CONTENT FOR PLAYERS TO ENJOY AND NOT UNSUB! OH MY GOD, IT'S UNBELIEVABLE.
    Where exactly does this magical fairyland content come from if subs are dropping? Surely it's not thin air. These devs and artists surely don't accept monopoly money as payment for their time and services rendered.

MoP has been amazing for churning out content. I think Blizz is doing a fine job. The updates are quick and there's tons of content to go around. But, people always want more more more more.

Do you even understand how a business runs? They have to make money to stay in business and produce this content. Hence, the boosts from the store. Whether you like it or not, it's most likely here to stay.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Yeah, I'm totally okay with that. If it wasn't best quality, if it wasn't unique, why would you pay real money for it?

And going past that point, why do you need to look like the people who wear 'I bought this' gear? I find the same argument exists for Mounts in the game, and do you feel you need to have the same mount people are paying real money for? Gear really isn't that different

In the end, the game's about lifebars and staying out of fire. Most everything else is cosmetic.
    You just don't get what I and other people are saying. This has nothing at ALL to do with wanting to look like anything, nor has it anything to do with me needing to wear that gear. It's about them saving their best designs in the future for the store and we get half-arsed sets (in a SUB-game) because they want to sell the store items.
    You say you're ok with that if it wasn't the best quality, hey guess what, it will be.

oh, so thats why every new tier gear looks like f**king shit, because they spend 90% of the time working on transmorg gear for the store. Just like I said the first time when they announced the exp pot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    Force? Yeah.........no. If you find a tier set "bad" and you think the only way to fix it is to use real money, rather than the millions of other combinations of gear you have available, then you may find yourself with a problem.